Action Figure Dam Toys: Assassin's Creed Movie and Games

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might pick him up, depending on price, but he isn't my favorite. Still, how good this looks gives me hope for Altair and Ezio!

I'm not buyin' but glad they're doin' stuff with the license.
Gives me hope for "Third Crusade" Altair and "Old Man" Ezio figures.

That one's a dilemma for me. I like Ezio the best, and his Old Man look is GOAT, but I hate everything that has to do with Revelations, so...

>Supporting literal "WE WUZ KANGZ: Ottoman Edition"

Boi, you are a poor excuse for a comrade. Imma send Commandat Bloodshot on you.

DIV3-BS_001_COVER-C_SMALLWOOD1.jpg

Kidding aside, I bought and played it, but the "Ottomanz were the nice opressed guyz uwu" **** pissed me off to no end. I mean, that was the equilavent of making the Nazis opressed by the Jews. It was so Alternative History that it didn't make sense for a game rooted in "hidden truths". It was like something out of a "Man in the High Castle" AU or something.

Eh, I didn't get that from ACR at all. Like with previous games it had to portray some party in a friendly light and some as an enemy in order to have a story arc. Even the original AC, the most serious part of the series, had some pretty silly things.

Eh, I didn't get that from ACR at all. Like with previous games it had to portray some party in a friendly light and some as an enemy in order to have a story arc. Even the original AC, the most serious part of the series, had some pretty silly things.

Yeah, but they completely changed that. The Ottomans raided Constantinopole. There was no "grey" area or nothing. It was invaders vs "locals". But somehow in the AC-Verse the Ottomans are opressed by the Byzantines? It literally makes 0 sense, from a historical standpoint. It's not a "oh yeah, turns out or OC Assassin knew Blackbeard", it's a case of reversing the role between two parties, and that sucks.

Then again, I've read the comic book where October Revolution was possible 'cause Rasputin was usin' a shard of the Imperial Sceptre to influence Nicholas II. That's really funny! And yet I'd gladly play a game based on such stupid plot. :lol

Then again, I've read the comic book where October Revolution was possible 'cause Rasputin was usin' a shard of the Imperial Sceptre to influence Nicholas II. That's really funny! And yet I'd gladly play a game based on such stupid plot. :lol

Gotta be honest, Revelations was the first one I completed, and it soured me so much I didn't continue with the rest. Which is a shame, because like I said, Old!Ezio had a Top Tier design that'd pop in any shelf.

Yeah, but they completely changed that. The Ottomans raided Constantinopole. There was no "grey" area or nothing. It was invaders vs "locals". But somehow in the AC-Verse the Ottomans are opressed by the Byzantines? It literally makes 0 sense, from a historical standpoint. It's not a "oh yeah, turns out or OC Assassin knew Blackbeard", it's a case of reversing the role between two parties, and that sucks.

Atleast they had a clear good guys and bad guys.

Nothing annoyed me more than how Assassins Creed 3 attempted to be PC by refusing to take a stand on the Revolutionary War and portrayed both sides as evil. It didn't help that Connor's too serious disposition made him come off like a moody teenager that was just mad at the world. It just made for a very unsatisfying story when there was no one to root for.

Atleast they had a clear good guys and bad guys.

Eh. Like I said, it took the invaders and portrayed them as the opressed ones. It makes literally 0 sense. If that ain't PC (poor Middle-Easterns opressed by the Whites/Romans) I don't know what is.

Nothing annoyed me more than how Assassins Creed 3 attempted to be PC by refusing to take a stand on the Revolutionary War and portrayed both sides as evil. It didn't help that Connor's too serious disposition made him come off like a moody teenager that was just mad at the world. It just made for a very unsatisfying story when there was no one to root for.

I played AC3 for about... 2 days or so? I don't remember anything to be honest. I think I reached the point where Haytham dies. I'm not sure though. Like I said, Revelations completely soured me on the series. Though I may try the new supposed trilogy that'll go Ancient Egypt -> Ancient Greece -> Feudal Japan.

I thought the storyline and portrayal of events was amazing in AC3. History isn't always black and white and AC3 is easily the most complex and intriguing of all the games.

Hear, hear!
AC3 sucks major ass with its boring characters, soulless story and messy narrative.
Not to mention awful gameplay. I walked through the whole thing without any upgrades or need to buy stuff. What the actual ****???
The only good thing about it is the soundtrack. Oh, and DLC story was fun as hell.

All i want is an awesome altair and or ezio brotherhood figure. AC3 was really week. I like 4/kenway but ezio will remain the coolest imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the storyline and portrayal of events was amazing in AC3. History isn't always black and white and AC3 is easily the most complex and intriguing of all the games.

History isn't. Stories should be. It's more satisfying having a hero to root for and a villian to hate. A hero that stands for more than simply complaining about everyone else.

Otherwise a story is bland and unsatisfying. Which sums up AC3 to a point.

I liked Connor as a character (although sometimes he did seem childish) and even though the story did let me down in the end, what really grinded my gears was when I would try to assassinate guards in town I'd get spotted by another for a second before I killed him and all guards within ten blocks would know my location. I'm glad that got fixed for AC4.

Overall I preferred the Ameirca's Trilogy of Black Flag/Rogue/AC3 to Ezio's trilogy.
(Rogue also connects to Unity)

Would really like a Haytham Kenway game.
He's the ongoing link that connects everything together, even the end of Desmond Miles story.

Edward Kenway is up on BBTS. $240 seems like a ridiculous price, especially considering the accessories and how relatively unknown DAM toys is to many collectors. I didn't pay that much for my Hot Toys BvS Batman, or any figure that wasn't a die cast Iron Man.

What did you expect? It's BBTS. :lol
HT's Jack Sparrow reissue is $265 which is pretty damn ridiculous all things considered.

BBTS isn't dictating the price. Other places may discount it by $10-15 dollars but that's still a big price tag to ask. That's a Hot Toys price.

Back