Dagger Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does this look?

scale.jpg

Cut from this photo:

Picture1305.jpg

I'd say it's pretty close to 1/5th scale, but the head is just too big on Dagger.

That pic makes no sense...side by side in the original picture you can tell Dagger is bigger,Why are you so vehement against it being 1/4.

That pic makes no sense...side by side in the original picture you can tell Dagger is bigger,Why are you so vehement against it being 1/4.

I could care less what scale personally, but a few people believe it's quarter-scale...all I'm saying is, it's not, and I'm backing it up with proof. There is no proof that it is quarter-scale.

1) The bases are at different heights. The picture creates an illusion. When you take the two ladies from the photo, and put them side by side, then you have a real reference.
2) You want so bad for her to be 1/4 scale, and she's not. Read Marks comments, quoted above.

All I did was cut the two figures out of the picture, and place them side by side.

I can't see the pictures because I'm at work but its 17" tall, the character is only 5'5" which makes this closer to 1/4 scale. At 5'5", 1/4 scale would be 16.25 inches.....add the base and you've got it just about there especially if she is wider and larger in terms of proportions than Rogue. That being said I believe Mark said that its supposed to be 1:5 scale but going by what Marvel has listed on the character this one may have worked the other way.

Like I said I can't see the picture but unless the base is really thick adding to the height, we are at a bit of an empass.

Dagger's base is EXTREMELY thick. It's twice as thick as Rogue's base, as shown in the close-up photos of the base that Eternal_D took. It's probably 1.5 inches. Eternal also makes the statement that the scale appears to be the same (regarding Rogue).

I have all the AH pieces and X-23.. If I were to place X-23 next to Dagger, she would seem extremely small. And X-23's base is less than 3/4" and stands at 18" tall.

Last edited:
she still looks good and this thread almost begins to sound like a Dark Knight thread.

Who gives a ^^^^ what scale she is, she's beautiful and I own her that's all that matters.

Mark, Poboyross and Sideshow knocked this one outta the F'N park!! :rock

Not to stoke the flames of the scale debate but maybe this will help. This is my shelf above my drawing board displaying my comiquettes including my just released Dagger. As you can see, the scale of our statue is very close to Adam Hughes'. When Adam Ross and I do these statues we are not openly comparing them to AH's line of statues or any of the other Sideshow comiquettes but we have an idea of the basis height and scale so we try to keep them in the same general range though we can't guarantee that it will match up perfectly since each artist and sculptor work differently but, as you can see, they are in the same ballpark. Technically speaking though, from what I understand, all these statues are in 1/4 scale at anywhere from 16-18 inches. The premium formats are actually consider to be a bit larger than 1/4 scale but smaller than 1/3. Of course, I could be wrong on the scale issue so don't take me as gospel.

best,
-Mark
Daggerscale.jpg

Thanks for the heads up Mark.

Whats going on with Dagger's necklace? :huh

Dagger's necklace is attached to the corners of her costume where the guards of the dagger design meet the hilt. It's part of the classic design of her original costume and one I always liked. Is that what you meant?

yeah they look about the same size more or less.End of debate.Now more pics.

Back