Dagger Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, It is confirmed that this will be an ALL-Women line:
https://diablo2003.deviantart.com/art/Dagger-Statue-115744412

Artist's Comments
At San Deigo Comicon this past Summer I had a meeting with Sideshow Collectibles where they contracted me to design a line of statues based off the women of Marvel Comics. Dagger ( of Cloak and Dagger) is the first one to come off the line and I gotta say, I couldn't be happier. Sculptor Adam Ross took my design illustrations and created the 17 inch statue using zbrush. There are 2 versions of the statue, and exclusive and a regular. The exclusive comes with a lithograph of the control art which is seen in the image above. If you'd like to see more images of the statue or get information for ordering it you can visit Sideshow Collectibles at these links:
exclusive version: [link]
regular version: [link]

Lithograph done by me in pen and ink with photoshop colors. Statue sculpted by Adam Ross

Hope you dig!
-Mark

I'm a ladies man so I'm down with the all ladies line.:banana

I'm a ladies man so I'm down with the all ladies line.:banana

IF this line takes off, which i see no reason why not. (other than this shtty economy) this one will be worth alot down the road with and es of only 500.

look at what happened with the AH line the emma and MJ are both worth triple the original retail price and they haven't dropped at all in the last 6 months because of this economy.

IF this line takes off, which i see no reason why not. (other than this shtty economy) this one will be worth alot down the road with and es of only 500.

look at what happened with the AH line the emma and MJ are both worth triple the original retail price and they haven't dropped at all in the last 6 months because of this economy.

Actually they HAVE dropped in price because of this economy. Emma exclusives are going for $400 when they used to be going for $500 to $600. One ended at $393 today on ebay.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230330770951&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Actually they HAVE dropped in price because of this economy. Emma exclusives are going for $400 when they used to be going for $500 to $600. One ended at $393 today on ebay.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230330770951&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

oh really?? i didn't realize that, i guess i haven't been following them long enough.
ever since i've been watching them they've been in the $350+ range and MJ's have been in the $300+ range.

Indeed. These pieces are unique and a departure from the male superhero focused market. These are beautiful and pleasing on so many levels I could be happy with all female pieces of this caliber.

Like so many other things out there the prices are coming into line where they should actually be. I wouldn't even consider any of these at $500 - $600. $225 - $300 is more in line considering original cost and scarcity factor.

Last edited:
Perhaps. Dagger's base does appear to be a bit taller. I'm fairly confident that they will be compatible. Sideshow knows that we freaks are into the scale of our collections being visually proportional. They know what we like.

I wouldn't be so sure. If its closer to 1/4 than 1/5 than the proportions WILL be off. Take a look at a 1/4 PF compared to an AH! Comiquette.

img7697edit.jpg

Proportion fanboys will freak out.

I wouldn't be so sure. If its closer to 1/4 than 1/5 than the proportions WILL be off. Take a look at a 1/4 PF compared to an AH! Comiquette.

img7697edit.jpg

Proportion fanboys will freak out.

So you're thinking comiquette size ala Namor? PF size without the cloth then? From the price I'm thinking they will be closer to AH size. I'll be pleased either way, just have to start a new wing I suppose. Nice shot by the way.

Since it's been confirmed it's an all ladies line, I'm really looking forward to what's next and what's down the line. :joy

I'm on waitlist for this, but I admit I'm a little disappointed it's another female-only line. This line, along with the AH line, I'm sure will be fantastic, but I'm hoping SS will someday do a featured artist comiquette line for male characters.

I'm on waitlist for this, but I admit I'm a little disappointed it's another female-only line. This line, along with the AH line, I'm sure will be fantastic, but I'm hoping SS will someday do a featured artist comiquette line for male characters.

That sounds like Bowen, they do everything.

SS has found it's niche. I personally would rather display exquisite female forms as opposed to DD or Spiderman in this size. I wish they would do every first tier female character because I would buy them all. :banana

I think another female line is just fine. The Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Sue Storm, Medusa, Spiderwoman, Sif, Black Widow, Storm, Tigra and on and on. Just a whole lot of future in female lines. I agree that the male characters should not be ignored but think that three female and three male per year would be good. Alternate every other month just to keep the variety up.

I actually like the Brooks look (so far) more than the AH! look in terms of finished sculpted pieces. The hard part is AH! is so unique that I feel the sculptors haven't nailed it yet although Andy came close, Tony and Tim have made great pieces but don't match AH!'s style. So far the Dagger piece looks very close to the control art and I like that its slightly bigger, it'll be a bit bigger than Emma according to the specs. I'm going to follow this line as close as possible especially if they are to speed like the AH! line but I don't think I have the wallet or desire to start another artist inspired line (DarthSaffron is hinting at another starting)...I'm in it to win it.

Back