Dagger Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry... "New approach"? What new approach? Sideshow has always had a pain-free pre-order cancellation policy.

Not the canceling aspect. Just the fact that the ES is known right from the start. So that if you do cancel, there's no fear that you contributed to increasing a needlessly high ES, since the numbers were already pre-set.

And by the way Robodad, you need to post in the Buffy's Memorable Moments thread I made. Show your support for the Slayer! :rock

Not the canceling aspect. Just the fact that the ES is known right from the start.

I like that too. I hope it doesnt turn out to be only on certain statues. You know, show the es of this statue and not that one, at pre-order.
But I did get my order in for her as well. Im pretty sure I'll keep her, unless cuts have to be made.

Isn't that a nice feeling? :lol Now, no more guilt.

I didn't preorder this particular piece, but any piece in the future that I'm on the fence about, I can PO without much guilt if I do decide to cancel. I like this new approach from Sideshow. I hope it lasts for a while.

I don't like this idea at all. Announcing es in advance just encourages scalpers. The es can be predetermined, but just hidden from view until Sideshow sells out. That way, there is the least incentive for scalpers, while people who really want one will still be able to buy one of these.

I like that idea of having a set ES, but not revealing it until the item is sold out. I think that could work really well. There's always gonna be scalpers though, no getting around that.

I don't like this idea at all. Announcing es in advance just encourages scalpers. The es can be predetermined, but just hidden from view until Sideshow sells out. That way, there is the least incentive for scalpers, while people who really want one will still be able to buy one of these.

:lol same ^^^^ out of you over and over and over.

That's true and definitely a downside, but at the moment it's "new" for them. I think for Sideshow it makes life a lot easier because they'll no longer have these inflated initial PO numbers.

As for scalpers, this economy is taking the wind out of their sales pretty quickly. If anything, I enjoy seeing them lose money on Ebay. :lol (I know that sounds a little harsh, but it's funny when you see the SAME names on EBay over and over again with the same inflated prices on items that NEVER sell.)

:lol same ^^^^ out of you over and over and over.

By the same token, making posts about pro scalping and bragging about how they have multiple accounts that they essentially use to deprive others of an item has NOTHING to do with the greatness of any item either. Posting about pro scalping and anti scalping are just as distracting, however, pro scalping posts are worse, since they basically amount to "nah nah nah-nah nah, I've got a bunch of these and you don't, and I will now make my fellow collectors pay more for these".

By the same token, making posts about pro scalping and bragging about how they have multiple accounts that they essentially use to deprive others of an item has NOTHING to do with the greatness of any item either. Posting about pro scalping and anti scalping are just as distracting, however, pro scalping posts are worse, since they basically amount to "nah nah nah-nah nah, I've got a bunch of these and you don't, and I will now make my fellow collectors pay more for these".

Don't let those posts fool you. Take them with a grain of salt. Half of them are exaggerating reality.

You are ALWAYS the one to derail threads and turn them into flipper vs collectors arguments.

IMO you should be banned because all you do is stir ^^^^.

You are ALWAYS the one to derail threads and turn them into flipper vs collectors arguments.

IMO you should be banned because all you do is stir ^^^^.

I say start a thread in the Sandbox and everyone can continue these arguments there, rather than me having to go through pages upon pages of these posts just to read about the piece that the thread WAS dedicated to originally.

wow, i forgot all about the po's today. thankfully, i did manage to snag one of the ex daggers before they ran out. she looks maaaahvelous!!!

I got the regular, but I might cancel at get it from a retailer. Depends on what the dollar does around the time when the statue gets released.

After the feasco last night I realized that....This peice is no where as nice as AH statues are!!!!!!! I got one on order but may let it go.

I like it better than the AH's pieces.

:lecture :lecture

The man isn't afraid to speak what he perceives is the truth... and I've gotta to say I agree with him and disagree with you creature4000. It may not have AH! on it, but I daresay this is as good, if not better than at least some of the previous comiquettes we've seen.

Just my thoughts...

Back