Daftoys 1/6 Constantine (2005)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually don’t buy figures that wear street clothes. One thing that’s hard to get around for this hobby is that street clothing rarely if ever looks natural at 1/6 scale. Well, maybe a custom clothing project by a professional artist, theoretically. Or maybe in the hands of InArt these days. But at least for anything that’s mass produced I would say, and in this for a third party figure. (Although it looks like Daftoys must have purchased the license for Constantine 2005 because the figure is so named and the film logos are on the box art and stand.) In 1/6 scale the clothing is going to be thicker that it would be irl, and won’t drape naturally. And the stitching is larger than irl.

And getting a natural looking pose for that screenshot of him sitting at the table was substantially limited by articulation of the body. There’s nuance to the real life pose that you just can’t achieve with the figure given the articulation.

But I still enjoy trying to see what I can get. It’s still fun to noodle around. Every so often I’m surprised by what the camera does pick up.

The main value to these most recent pics for me is that I liked how it picked up the head sculpt a little better than I expected.

Here’s what’s going on with the head sculpt and neck length:

13ED31A7-0B66-4BF9-A5BC-1EF364912949.jpeg

0CB4D6EB-17B7-4BEA-BB59-9C179217A886.jpeg

But in real life Keanu Reeves is tall at 6’1” and it looks like he has a pretty long neck, actually.

A2617D63-3AAE-416F-AE3F-D39559192582.jpeg

So on the shelf it looks pretty normal, honestly.

6114499B-7BE8-4762-923A-7B07CAB69F6F.jpeg

Last edited:
I see what you mean... it's always a bit of a headache to get the right connectors when using different bodies and head sculpts.
Still, sharp looking Constantine!

Now being reported that Constantine 2 likely isn’t happening after all… :confused:

This would not have been terribly expensive to make? But they have this long term plan now. Anyway.. Oh well. I enjoyed the3 2005 flick.

Back