Daddy's Home

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Josh, you've done it. Despite all the "common sense" advice from your fellow collectors and your own good judgement. :tap But you know what? Good for you!! A 5-bunny salute! :bunnydanc :bunnydanc :bunnydanc :bunnydanc :bunnydanc
I felt the same kind of excitement when my "grail" piece (Aragorn/Strider) finally became mine last December. Heartfelt Congrats! :balrog

King Elros said:
Hey Josh nice going and great decision on giving up on the Kong and Narnia pieces. None of that stuff can compare to the Daddy Rog. Plus that other stuff will be around for some time and you can probably pick it up later when your finances recover. It seems that the Daddy Rogs are becoming rarer and rarer on the ebay market.

Congrats :joy

John :google

Thanks John

Well, I figure I will be able to do just that. Your right they are becoming more and more rare on ebay so the chance to get it at a very good price from someone I knew I could trust was just too hard to pass up.

Wetanut said:
Well Josh, you've done it. Despite all the "common sense" advice from your fellow collectors and your own good judgement. :tap But you know what? Good for you!! A 5-bunny salute! :bunnydanc :bunnydanc :bunnydanc :bunnydanc :bunnydanc
I felt the same kind of excitement when my "grail" piece (Aragorn/Strider) finally became mine last December. Heartfelt Congrats! :balrog

Thanks Rumi!!

Yeah, I did that didn't I. Despite the thoughts of I can't believe I'm going to pay this much I just kept thinking this might just be your last chance.

Thank You!! It feels very good to be apart of that family

7.gif

Congrats on a killer statue. I have owned 2 of them and I was sure I would always have at least one in my collection, but alas, those damn bills came and so much more new product. So I am now Balrogless. Is that a word? But having Sauron should make up for it :banana

ras819 said:
Congrats on a killer statue. I have owned 2 of them and I was sure I would always have at least one in my collection, but alas, those damn bills came and so much more new product. So I am now Balrogless. Is that a word? But having Sauron should make up for it :banana

Thanks Ras!! Sauron I think will make up for it. If it wasn't for the ES on Sauron I think he would be commanding Balrog prices.

Deadly Dagger said:
Nice work Josh...so how many people did you have to kill to obtain this fine rare? :horror

Thanks!! It's an amazing feeling to finally own this piece!!

Well, I guess I had to kill Kong vs Rex, Otmin, Oserius, and the exclusive Grievous.

congrats on the Rog...

it's the ONLY piece i kinda regret selling...

best piece done by SSW to date...

i haven't gotten my Sauron yet, but the Rog still holds the spot in my heart...

one day i may try to reattain it, but not in the near future...

re

congrats on the Daddy.

I have to say, Ive never desired the piece because that fiery mohican just puts me off. If the mohican weren't there, I'd be on it like a shot...
But I'm glad SSW produced the baby cos I now have the Balrog in my collection.

Nevertheless, I applaud you. Well done on attaining your grail... My grail would be the Gandalf Bronze and we all know I aint getting that :(

Man, how do you do it. You're a poor student/lecturer and Ive worked full time for the last 6 years and I just cannot slap 3000 odd on one piece of polystone (as well as the missus killing me).

well done josh,its a nice feeling when you get something you been waiting for ages comes along

Congrats Josh!!

Keep this well... it will be priceless next time... for in a way, it is already priceless now...

:mexwave:mexwave:mexwave:mexwave:mexwave

Good job Josh!!! FINALLY!

I was personally let down by the Balrog once I received mine so I sold it. I just thought it was going to be bigger.

Regardless, congrats!!!!!

Congratulations Josh!

Glad you finally joined the club! :banana

JS :D

Congratz on this amazing piece... :google :google :banana :banana
It's good to see a beautifull item in the hands (read display case) of a genuine collector...i myself don't own one, (and prob.never will :banghead )
but i can imagine your pride and joy owning it....

so again... :fest :fest :fireworks :fireworks congratz......

Thanks all. I truly appreciate the kind words. :peace As I said it's one of the events that really struck me in my first viewing of FOTR and to finally own it is a dream come true as a fan.

revilal said:
Man, how do you do it. You're a poor student/lecturer and Ive worked full time for the last 6 years and I just cannot slap 3000 odd on one piece of polystone (as well as the missus killing me).

Well, I sub a lot plus odd end jobs so that has helped me keep the CC in a area where I could finally do it. It also helped SS pushing back the two horse and rider pieces till the second qtr of next year. Needless to say you won't see me buying much of anything for a while but I'm not bothered by that since I have the one piece that really has eluded me since I started collecting this pieces.

Back