Cyclops PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blah blah blah :lecture

:lol

To each their own, but I def have to disagree that the SS PF line has been failish. Granted all this is purely my opinion. I think Gambit is a great piece, but I def don't think all of the others were let downs. Now granted I'm one of the biggest Thor fans, but Thors PF is a marvel in my eyes and lives up to everything I would expect from a premium format statue. That is just to name my personal favorite PF thus far, but I would never call the Captain America PF, Red Skull PF, and She hulk PFs a failure. I think they've all done a respectable job capture some of the character behind our favorite super heroes/villains. To gain more insight, why do you filip think the SS PF line isn't good?

To each their own, but I def have to disagree that the SS PF line has been failish. Granted all this is purely my opinion. I think Gambit is a great piece, but I def don't think all of the others were let downs. Now granted I'm one of the biggest Thor fans, but Thors PF is a marvel in my eyes and lives up to everything I would expect from a premium format statue. That is just to name my personal favorite PF thus far, but I would never call the Captain America PF, Red Skull PF, and She hulk PFs a failure. I think they've all done a respectable job capture some of the character behind our favorite super heroes/villains. To gain more insight, why do you filip think the SS PF line isn't good?

You don't want to go there.

This whole piece is a fail for me. Pose, ex head, and silly bomber jacket all miss the mark for me. So far the entire X-MEN PF line leaves much to be desired. Gambit is the only PF I think was a home run.

Unfortunately, the comiquette line isn't any better. Beast and Colossus missed the mark. So far Angel and Nightcrawler are the only comiquettes I liked. I don't care for the Angel character so that's a pass for me. I can only hope that the Cyke comiquette is a worthwhile piece. If not, I'm in trouble. Can't imagine an X-MEN line up without Cyke in it.

Cyclops could have been better but how about Rogue?

Last edited:
You don't want to go there.

Understood. Im always curious as to the supporting info for such a definitive opinion that something as a whole isn't good. A claim as strong as that would seem to have some clear issue with the PF line as a whole instead of an issue with a particular piece. Doesn't matter anyways because if the PF line isn't ones cup of tea there are other product lines to collect. To each there own.

People who are "Lecturing" about this piece are gonna be wishing they had pre-ordered once it ships! ;-) The EX version is going to look amazing with the light up feature! Does anyone know the lifespan of the light by the way? Or if it dies will S.S. Send a replacement?

Funny how some complains and I suppose there's always criticism. I remember tons of people wanted Cyclops PF in 1/4.

I want a cyclops PF, but in his astonishing costume. Never really liked his Jim Lee rendition.

I have no issues with the SSC PF line. There are people out there that love them. I don't. I'm the guy who doesn't want ANY cloth, spandex, or felt on my statues. The ONLY thing I like about the PF line is that the pieces are released in 1/4 scale. I never said ALL PFs are fail. I just don't like them. If SSC released fully sculpted 1/4 scale comiquettes, I'd be a very happy camper. That's my cup of tea. The biggest beef I have with SSC is the random 1/4 scale comiquette. As a strict comiquette collector, I'm the one who's getting screwed with the random scales of the comiquette line.

So I'm clear, both the PF and comiquette line has it's fair share of duds. I'm just a fully sculpted kind of guy. Let everyone collect what they enjoy. So long as I can get a comiquette of whatever character SSC releases as a PF, It's all good.

People who are "Lecturing" about this piece are gonna be wishing they had pre-ordered once it ships! ;-) The EX version is going to look amazing with the light up feature! Does anyone know the lifespan of the light by the way? Or if it dies will S.S. Send a replacement?

Not me. I'll be waiting for the modern Cyke comiquette. The PF does nothing for me at all, that's why I think it's a fail. Congrats if you are picking him up though. I hope you enjoy the piece.

Last edited:
I hear you filip and your explanations def clarify why the SS PF line isn't your cup of tea. We are all different and it's perfectly expected that we not all share the same ideas/preferences but more importantly that we be respectful of everyones opinion. The cloth could be much better on some pieces, but personally I do like the contrast of polystone and cloth. That said I'd be ignorant to say every piece hit it out of the park. There are def duds on both the PF and comiquette lines for SS and as a collector I just hope our continued voices about what we like and don't like are heard.

Here's to kick ass statues to come regardless of which line they fall under.
:hi5:

I have no issues with the SSC PF line. There are people out there that love them. I don't. I'm the guy who doesn't want ANY cloth, spandex, or felt on my statues. The ONLY thing I like about the PF line is that the pieces are released in 1/4 scale. I never said ALL PFs are fail. I just don't like them. If SSC released fully sculpted 1/4 scale comiquettes, I'd be a very happy camper. That's my cup of tea. The biggest beef I have with SSC is the random 1/4 scale comiquette. As a strict comiquette collector, I'm the one who's getting screwed with the random scales of the comiquette line.

So I'm clear, both the PF and comiquette line has it's fair share of duds. I'm just a fully sculpted kind of guy. Let everyone collect what they enjoy. So long as I can get a comiquette of whatever character SSC releases as a PF, It's all good.

I want a cyclops PF, but in his astonishing costume. Never really liked his Jim Lee rendition.

The Astonishing Version would be Very Cool and the platform is there for a repaint if someone has the skills, I bet Greatwall would do it; like some of the pieces in his Collection.
On a different note I would like to see the PF Colossus be done in the Legends Style going with the dark outfit.

Back