Cyclops PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am very happy I stuck with the non-exclusive. even with a light up feature, that exclusive head sculpt leaves much to be desired.

Looks really good overall and the jacket looks particularly nice on this one. But the unmasked head just looks weird, which is at least consistent from the proto :lol

:lol:lol:lol I'm not sure what it is that bothers me, the apps, the head(s). I thought even the light up function would save it and make better.

I actually love the coat on it, that really brings it up a few levels, without the coat I really don't like it.

Just from the photos I have to agree...something just doesn't look all that right to me. That said congrats to those who are digging him.

His open right hand looks strange. Definitely will be displaying mine with a closed fist one. Ex head looks fine-more modern look. Reg head with viser is ok and fits the Jim Lee costume look. I think his abs and maybe his neck make him looks elongated.This is one where the jacket is better on to balance it out.

It looks good to me, other than the very visible neck seam. Still not a fan of the Ex head, so a regular will suffice.

The more I look at the pictures, the more I am dissapointed...

1) the EX head stinks. There is no symmetry to his face at all, very distorted and un-human.

2) The neck seam is huge...It works well on other statues where they hide it (ie: wolverine) but this is extremely noticeable.

I'll hold out for now until I see more pictures...I want to add this to my collection but with so much stuff coming I am not sure I will spring for this just yet.

Thanks for the pics! the Ex head could have been painted better but with that light up feature, it can't be beat!

His open right hand looks strange. Definitely will be displaying mine with a closed fist one. Ex head looks fine-more modern look. Reg head with viser is ok and fits the Jim Lee costume look. I think his abs and maybe his neck make him looks elongated.This is one where the jacket is better on to balance it out.

I'm with you on that, his proportions are wonky especially his neck and head size in relation to his body. Oh well, I guess there's always that awkward looking guy somewhere. Poor Jean.

I got #196/500

The good:
A great sculpt and the paint applications are highly detailed. A wonderful print that I plan on getting framed. The jacket really adds to the piece and is a great addition. He really 'stands' out in my display case and the light-up LED looks cool. I really like the way Sideshow hid the on/off button on top of the base.

The bad:
Getting the jacket on took me a good 45 minutes. The base fits in with many of the Avengers PFs, but it SHOULD have been an X to match with Wolverine, Gambit, and Rogue and why the hell is Magneto's mask on the back?

The ugly:
The EX head looks horrible. Period. I unwrapped it and didn't even put it on the body because it looks like a mix between the Antonio Banderas doll from South Park and Sloth from Goonies. Epic fail from Sideshows art/development department and whomever approved it for production should be forced to wear one around their neck for the next year.

I will take pictures later tonight with him next to Wolverine and Gambit.

I got #196/500

The good:
A great sculpt and the paint applications are highly detailed. A wonderful print that I plan on getting framed. The jacket really adds to the piece and is a great addition. He really 'stands' out in my display case and the light-up LED looks cool. I really like the way Sideshow hid the on/off button on top of the base.

The bad:
Getting the jacket on took me a good 45 minutes. The base fits in with many of the Avengers PFs, but it SHOULD have been an X to match with Wolverine, Gambit, and Rogue and why the hell is Magneto's mask on the back?

The ugly:
The EX head looks horrible. Period. I unwrapped it and didn't even put it on the body because it looks like a mix between the Antonio Banderas doll from South Park and Sloth from Goonies. Epic fail from Sideshows art/development department and whomever approved it for production should be forced to wear one around their neck for the next year.

I will take pictures later tonight with him next to Wolverine and Gambit.

Is the Ex. unmasked head worse than the one with Bucky or about equal?

Could be better, but definately keeping mine since its the only PF of Cyclops for a long time, and will look good next to the current and future Jim Lee PFs

I already own Gambit and Wolverine, so why stop now?

Back