CW Green Arrow series, "Arrow"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really enjoyed the finale. After all the build-up, I agree the fight between Oliver and Slade could have been a tad more epic. I would have liked a more open space with some more environment interaction.

The scene with Felicity and Oliver. I was so happy! And then BAM it's all a trick! But a clever one, really. I totally fell for it.

I really like Nyssa, too. I would have taken her being a more regular presence over Summer Glau's character any day. Speaking of that, Ravager sure was dispatched with out much fanfare! Of course, it is the second time it's happened.

Not sure how I feel about Sarah leaving. It makes sense, I suppose. And I know she'll be back eventually. Passing on the jacket... hmmm... I do kind of fear for Detective Lance's life. I wish they'd give the guy a break! But maybe they'll just decommission him for a bit so Laurel can train to be the Canary without him raising constant objections. I mean, we've all the thought the day was coming when Laurel would become BC, right? I'm still not sure I want that to happen, but I'm a little more open to it now. Of course, maybe it's all just teasing us. I mean, Thea used to be called Speedy. And then they introduced Roy and said that Oliver nicknamed him Speedy too for... some weird reason. So, plans change, obviously.

Speaking of the Queen sibling, I am very intrigued by Thea going to the dark side. I think that could be interesting, for sure. And it finally gives her something to do than mope around being annoyed no one tells her anything.

Any significance with the ending being in Hong Kong?

You mean beyond that being where the flashbacks will probably take place now?

In other news, Stephen Amell just announced via Facebook that John Barrowman is a series regular in season 3!

Glad they didn't go this route.

Barrowman talks the fatherly twist: “We had lunch with Andrew Kreisberg. It was season 1, we were talking about the future of Malcolm Merlyn, it was myself and my partner who said, ‘Why don’t you make Thea my daughter?’ They wanted Oliver to be my son, and I said, ‘No, it’s too Star Wars.’ It’s, ‘Oliver, I’m your father.’ But if you do Thea then it creates a whole new can of worms because Oliver will have a very difficult time killing Malcolm because he knows what it’s like to lose a father and won’t want to kill his sister’s father. And also it meant I was guaranteed a job for a long time. Yay!”

I have seen all 23 episodes of Arrow, and honestly I'm pretty impressed. I believe this is inspired by Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy, but I don't think that it's a ripoff. For me, the show is never boring.

In other news, Stephen Amell just announced via Facebook that John Barrowman is a series regular in season 3!

Thats great news, Barrowman's natural charisma make Merlyn such a fantastic villain. Something Manu Bennett has struggled to transfer from Slade being a good guy earlier in the show, although it would be harder considering he was portraying someone who's mind had been affected by Mirakuru for over 3 and 1/2 years.

Getting caught up with S2. Looking forward to joining the discussion again come S3.

Just finished season 2. Great show and looking forward to the next one.
Good to see that Roy will take on the mantle as Oliver's sidekick.

Just finished season 2. Great show and looking forward to the next one.
Good to see that Roy will take on the mantle as Oliver's sidekick.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Overall i was delighted with Manu Bennett, anyone think he was a let down after season one?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Overall i was delighted with Manu Bennett, anyone think he was a let down after season one?

No, I think some of his story was horrid to watch, but he handled it pretty well, such a good character, but I think his turn to bat**** crazy just could have been handled better, I don't know how or I'd be writing these shows instead of critiquing them. :lol
But I still think Manu handled it. Loved the way Slade was written though prior to the formula.

Deathstroke was one of those characters they built up to be way more than a CW TV show could ever deliver on. Too many pulled punches and absurd moves like kidnapping Thea just to tell her Ollie knew about her real father. That was mind-numbing. Besides that, trying to destroy Starling City with an army of Mirakuru men was kind of generic. I wanted to see something more personal and less bombastic. Manu is still great and will benefit from not having the burden of carrying a huge story arc on his shoulders.

Interesting choice of casting...

Brandon Routh is set to play another DC Comics super man — this time on Arrow.

The erstwhile Man of Steel is joining the CW hit’s third season in the recurring role of Ray Palmer, aka DC superhero The Atom, TVLine has learned exclusively.

An unparalleled scientist and inventor, Ray will play an unexpected role in the lives of Oliver and (rumored love interest) Felicity as the new owner of Queen Consolidated. Palmer’s plans for Queen Consolidated’s Applied Sciences Division will be shrouded in mystery.

Back