>>>CUSTOMS FANS PLEASE SOUND OFF!!!<< Purchasing question and feedback needed!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

At $79...

• Total voters

CREG Customs

Super Freak
Reaction score
>>>CUSTOMS FANS PLEASE SOUND OFF!!!<< Purchasing question and feedback needed!

Hello all,

I'll cut to the chase. I have the chance to offer painted casts for $79.

No preorders.

Fully painted - ready to mount casts. Probably in PVC.

Now, I know that it matters to what the piece is and if you like the look blah blah blah :)

My question - would that price point seem decent for a limited painted head that you liked the look of?

Please vote above and sound off below.

Really interested if you typically don't buy customs because of the issue of finding a painter.

Thanks!

D
CC

Last edited:
Re: >>>CUSTOMS FANS PLEASE SOUND OFF!!!<< Purchasing question and feedback needed!

I don't see a poll, but I'd be down for that price point.

Re: >>>CUSTOMS FANS PLEASE SOUND OFF!!!<< Purchasing question and feedback needed!

Painted? It'd probably be worth that if it was a sculpt I wanted.

I won't buy an unpainted head sculpt. Too much of a pain in the *** to try to find someone to do a quality job. Considering what it costs to buy one unpainted, find a painter, ship it, then wait who knows how long I think $79 for a painted head sculpt is fine.

Thanks for the feedback.

I won't buy an unpainted head sculpt. Too much of a pain in the *** to try to find someone to do a quality job. Considering what it costs to buy one unpainted, find a painter, ship it, then wait who knows how long I think $79 for a painted head sculpt is fine.

I really appreciate you posting!

Definitely depends on the quality of the paint job. We talking autobot john paint jobs or Silentsurfer? Makes a difference. :lecture

Definitely depends on the quality of the paint job. We talking autobot john paint jobs or Silentsurfer? Makes a difference. :lecture

:rotfl

Agreed, but if you can produce the quality of sculpts (of which I own) decently painted for under $100 I would be interested.

In the customs game that seems like a great price, but as has been said, the quality matters.

A pre-painted custom headsculpt for $79 is a fair price, but as others have said, quality is the key.

Eric

I prefer unpainted cause 1. I paint now. 2. paint doesnt always match body color an you'd have to have a really damn good painter.

I voted yes. As others have said though it would ideally be of a quality that can blend in with a HT figure, while understanding that it might not be quite as good.

I think it's a great idea... Even though I paint it's still time consuming and at $80 (if the paint work is solid) that's almost more time/cost effective than doing it myself.

I think it's a great idea... Even though I paint it's still time consuming and at $80 (if the paint work is solid) that's almost more time/cost effective than doing it myself.

Exactly my thoughts.
Plus my paintwork is average at the best of times so a fair paintjob at that price is pretty good.
Have bought cheaper and more expensive so that is a fair price.
What are you offering?

If I need this and if the end result is good enough in my eyes... such a price would be effin great!

Honestly if not painting it's the lack of characters being developed I like to see something no one has done yet.

Depending on the quality of the paint apps... $80 is a great price for a painted sculpt.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I completely agree, a good painted headsculpt for 80 USD would be something nice. - I already had to skip a few nice heads because they were unpainted... would really appreciate a price like that. Even from Germany I would then have a chance to catch something under 100 bucks... eventually at least.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Back