Customs by The Fusion Brothers (Mr. Dixon, sir)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Customs by The Fusion Brothers

JMKsIndianaJones-KOTCS57.jpg

The Fusion Brothers always come through! :rock
GREAT work guys!

Thanks!

Thanks, Les. We still have a little ways to go, but it's gonna kick ass!

Already is! Keep it up! (And go see Dwing's wicked custom Indys! He beat you guys to old Indy! How could you let anyone do that? :D ) The only guys to do a Steranko concept Indy for crying out loud! Get with it! :whip

But great stuff guys!

A quick update on old Indy. I am temporarily using my "Last Crusade" Sideshow body until my new Indy Pro body comes. Ben is thinking of painting the head up before the body comes, but he hasn't decided. I'd like to see what he can do ASAP, but you can't rush art.

Here are pics of the Medicom head, hat, shirt, jacket and whip with Relic Hunter pants, belts and holster on Sideshow's Indy body.

JMKsIndianaJones-KOTCS70.jpg

JMKsIndianaJones-KOTCS67.jpg

JMKsIndianaJones-KOTCS66.jpg

Just got Mutt today!
JMKsIndianaJones-KOTCS59.jpg

Medicom vs Sideshow
JMKsMedicomSideshowIndyfigures.jpg

A quick update on old Indy. Ben repainted the Medicom sculpt. I resculpted the hat with Apoxy. It still needs to be painted better. I am very satisfied with Ben's paint job. However, it needs to be sealed a little better as the hat has scraped a little paint off. I also painted the jacket. I tried to sand it, but it put a tiny hole in the sleeve. Oops.

Anyway, here are some pictures:

JMKsIndianaJones-KOTCS85.jpg

JMKsIndianaJones-KOTCS87.jpg

JMKsIndianaJones-KOTCS90.jpg

JMKsIndianaJones-KOTCS83.jpg

Looks great guys! And what head is that Mutt from? The Hasbro? Ada's? Which one? I have all that, but a head I can use. NICE work! And old Indy is looking good too!
Great stuff guys! Where are you getting so many jackets and bits?!?!?! So many Indys!

Where are you getting so many jackets and bits?!?!?! So many Indys!

Some might say too many Indys. The jackets are all from different figures. We have 2 Relic Hunters, 2 Sideshow Indys, and a Medicom Indy. Ben's original custom Indy has a Tuskegee bomber jacket, heavily modified.

With the help of an older Indy custom of mine, there are two improvements that have been made to "old" Indy. The hat is a rubber recast of Jim Maddox's first Indy hat from Hero Heads. The gunbelt was custom made by Ben for the aforementioned figure. All I did was flip it so that Indy is wearing it backwards.

JMKsIndianaJones-KOTCS130.jpg

JMKsIndianaJones-KOTCS119.jpg

JMKsIndianaJones-KOTCS125.jpg

Without the flash
JMKsIndianaJones-KOTCS127.jpg

I hope you like. Any comments or criticisms would be appreciated.:D

Another Harrison Ford character to present tonight:

RICK DECKARD
BLADE RUNNER

Ben and I have been at a Deckard figure for years. I've always loved Blade Runner. First exposed to the Director's Cut in 2000 or 2001 on the Sci-Fi Channel, I've owned a DVD copy of the DC, a bootleg DVD of the Theatrical release, and I now have the Blade Runner box set with the briefcase.

In fact, Ben never saw BR until 2004. A few days prior to watching the film, I showed him Tony DiTerlizzi's Deckard custom:
td-ah-4.jpg

https://www.rebelscum.com/tony2.asp
He immediately knew we must make this figure.

Anyway, to the figure. It's the Android Hunter clothes, of course. We switched the body over from a BBI G2 to a Saturday Toys body. The belt and shoes are also from the Saturday Toys suit figure. Ben removed the old silver buttons a couple of years ago and replaced them with properly scaled buttons. The most crucial part to this figure over the years has been the head. We've used the Jim Maddox Deckard sculpt for the longest, then the Android Hunter V2 head, and I paid a ridiculous amount for Jim Maddox's latest Deckard sculpt. None of them looked good enough. Thank God for Paul Carson! I bought one of Paul's sculpts and Ben painted it up today.

Without further adieu...

JoshandBensRickDeckardV34.jpg

JoshandBensRickDeckardV317.jpg

JoshandBensRickDeckardV320.jpg

JoshandBensRickDeckardV322.jpg

JoshandBensRickDeckardV36.jpg

JoshandBensRickDeckardV1vsV3.jpg

You've done yourselves proud again Guys ! I'm happy to have played a small part in helping you both to get the figure you've always wanted. :)

:rock great work .:rock
Thats awesome.

Thanks, Hicks!

You've done yourselves proud again Guys ! I'm happy to have played a small part in helping you both to get the figure you've always wanted. :)

I would hardly say you played a small part. Your resculpt completely remade this figure. Paul, you are awesome!:rock

No pictures today. I thought I'd just post to tell everyone that I am in Louisville, KY at Wonderfest. The show itself starts tonight, but it's already awesome. The theme this year is ALIEN. Veronica Cartwright is going to be here. Lambert!

Anyway, I'm also hoping to find some great fodder and higher end figures here for Ben and I to work on. I'm really excited over what they might have. So, keep an eye out. There will be posts.:naughty

Holy Crap! It's been almost 3 months since I last posted in this thread. About time to update.

Some my gasp at what I have done here... Ben and I, with a lot of help from Les, took my new Sideshow Darth Vader and converted him into an Empire Strikes Back version.

OK, here goes:

The lenses were painted black and glossed over several times. The collar armor was painted, and the chain is attached to it with a piece of a paper clip to act as a hook. I found the chain at a local Hobby Lobby. The lightsaber hilt, which can't be seen really well in the pictures, is the top of the Sideshow ANH lightsaber glued re-attached to the activator box/black band, with the clamp lever removed. I then glued a repainted bottom half of a Kenner Darth Vader saber with the very bottom piece of the Sideshow saber.

Les gave me an extra Hasbro Darth Vader suit. We cut off the top of the gloves (gauntlet part) of both grip hands. Ben sewed smooth pieces of vinyl to pieces of the Hasbro suit, then glued them on and painted them. They don't look as accurate as I was hoping, but I think they look really good, nonetheless.

Here are the gloves on the figure:

JMKscustomESBDarthVader54.jpg

JMKscustomESBDarthVader72.jpg

JMKscustomESBDarthVader66.jpg

JMKscustomESBDarthVader55.jpg

JMKscustomESBDarthVader67.jpg

Here is a chest box I was able to acquire. I believe it is a recast of the Kaiyodo 1/6 Vader kit (nearly impossible to find!). I attached the Sideshow straps to the back and painted it.

JMKscustomESBDarthVader22.jpg

Ben also repainted a Kenner Talking Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker head. Here it is with the Kenner neck brace:

JMKscustomESBDarthVader87.jpg

Here are a few more Sideshow Star Wars repaints and alterations:

JMKsBespinLuke2.jpg

JMKsBespinLuke4.jpg

BensANHLuke14.jpg

BensANHLuke2.jpg

BenscustomANHObi-Wan5.jpg

BenscustomANHObi-Wan.jpg

JMKsANHHanSolo11.jpg

JMKsANHHanSolo.jpg

Ben made a new shirt and robe for Obi-Wan. He has also made new shirts for Luke and Han since these were taken. I'll post those soon.

Well, Ben went off to college Wednesday. But between the last time I posted and now, we did do a few new things.

Han's new shirt

JMKsANHHanSolo17.jpg

Emperor Palpatine from Return of the Jedi (Sideshow figure, repainted with Kenner Emperor's robe and cane)

DSCN9509.jpg

DSCN9507.jpg

DSCN9514.jpg

And lastly: Boba Fett from Return of the Jedi, my first major custom figure (started in 2005)

JMKscustomROTJBobaFett21.jpg

JMKscustomROTJBobaFett26.jpg

JMKscustomROTJBobaFett27.jpg

JMKscustomROTJBobaFett28.jpg

JMKscustomROTJBobaFett16.jpg

If anyone is interested, here is the description of the original figure:
Boba Fett (Return of the Jedi) It hasn't been updated in a long time, though.

Back