Customs by The Fusion Brothers (Mr. Dixon, sir)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Customs by The Fusion Brothers

Some nice figures you have there. I like the Indy in particular. How did you manage to change the colour of the shirt ? It looks pretty good in your pictures.

If you're referring to the regular Sideshow Indy, Ben dyed the shirt with diluted paint. He has since painted the buttons to match the color of the shirt. Thanks for the comments.:D

Yes, sorry I should have been more specific. Thank you !

No problemo.:cool:

On another note, we have a new project in the works. I was going to wait to post anything until he was almost done, but it's taken so long. I commissioned an artist/doll maker named Phil Cuthbert in Illinois to make the clothes for my all time favorite character: Marty McFly. I contacted Phil in August, I think. He started work on Marty around September. He has met with several major setbacks, including a pinched nerve in his back, rendering his dominant arm very little mobility.

Anyway, Ben and I have Ada's MJF sculpt (painted by Ben). I made the shoes from a pair of 1/6 hightops from eBay. I made the skateboard from a (roughly) 1/6 Tech Deck. I made just about all the paper props from the film: "Save the Clock Tower" flyer, Flux Capacitor drawing, and both versions of Marty's letter to Doc. I've also made Marty's driver's license, and Ben made the wallet.

Here are pictures of Phil's work:
Phil Cuthbert

Here are pictures of what Ben and I have so far:
JMKscustomMartyMcFly106.jpg

Original shoes
JMKscustomMartyMcFlyoriginalshoes.jpg

Customized shoes
JMKscustomMartyMcFly105.jpg

JMKscustomMartyMcFly96.jpg

JMKscustomMartyMcFly85.jpg

JMKscustomMartyMcFly102.jpg

JMKscustomMartyMcFly101.jpg

Valterra Madrid skateboard
JMKscustomMartyMcFly80.jpg

Last edited:

Already posted this in the Indiana Jones section, but in case you missed it, here is my repaint of Belloq. The ascot is only temporary until I find a better material.

-Ben
BenscustomBelloq12.jpg

BenscustomBelloq24.jpg

BenscustomBelloq25.jpg

BenscustomBelloq26.jpg

BenscustomBelloq29.jpg

BenscustomBelloq30.jpg

BenscustomBelloq31.jpg

Here are some upgrades to our Sideshow Indy figures. The gloved Indy of course is Raiders of course. The other is from Last Crusade.

JoshandBenscustomSideshowIndyfig-2.jpg

JoshandBenscustomSideshowIndyfig-3.jpg

JoshandBenscustomSideshowIndyfig-1.jpg

JoshandBenscustomSideshowIndyfigure.jpg

My LC Indy with the flash
JoshandBenscustomSideshowIndyfig-5.jpg

Without
JoshandBenscustomSideshowIndyfig-4.jpg

Notice the difference in color of the pants between the two figures. We dyed the LC pants so that they would better resemble the pinkish hue of Harrison's on screen trousers.

And here's a picture of my unaltered Medicom Henry, Sr. and Junior (before we dyed the pants).
JMKscustomizedSideshowIndy12.jpg

Had to look at those Indy's again. Do you mind if I ask what you used to change the colour of the LC pants please?

Can't wait to see Marty finished too !

Thanks, guys. I cannot wait to have Marty finished! It's driving me quite crazy, just waiting.

Had to look at those Indy's again. Do you mind if I ask what you used to change the colour of the LC pants please?

Ben mixed some cheap acrylic paint, heavily diluted in water, making a fabric dye. I think the main colors were pink and a light brown. His method consists of getting the right color dye, soaking the pants, drying them off, and repeat as necessary. Kind of like washing your hair.:lol

AWESOME FIGS MR F! Love them all! That Marty is looking smooth and the Raiders figs rock also! :rock

Here are a few shots of Marty with his temporary outfit. I received the clothes from Phil Cuthbert, and let's just say the work wasn't anything to write home about. It was too bulky, for the most part. You'll be able to see in the pictures.

Clothes straight from Phil:
JMKscustomMartyMcFly109.jpg

With improved blue jeans:
JMKscustomMartyMcFly125.jpg

JMKscustomMartyMcFly113.jpg

JMKscustomMartyMcFly124.jpg

Without the vest:
JMKscustomMartyMcFly120.jpg

Ben is going to make pretty much everything except for the jeans which work really well. He's almost got the denim jacket done, but I promised not to post any pictures until it is completely done.

I'm liking it Fusion, the sculpt looks great imo and the clothing although a bit bulky works well too. Good work.

i mailed u about this, replied to ur mssg mate. keep me updated

Here are a few shots of Marty with his temporary outfit. I received the clothes from Phil Cuthbert, and let's just say the work wasn't anything to write home about. It was too bulky, for the most part. You'll be able to see in the pictures.

Clothes straight from Phil:
JMKscustomMartyMcFly109.jpg

With improved blue jeans:
JMKscustomMartyMcFly125.jpg

JMKscustomMartyMcFly113.jpg

JMKscustomMartyMcFly124.jpg

Without the vest:
JMKscustomMartyMcFly120.jpg

Ben is going to make pretty much everything except for the jeans which work really well. He's almost got the denim jacket done, but I promised not to post any pictures until it is completely done.

All that needs to be done to the jacket is painting the snaps and adding the "Art in Revolution" button. Here are a few comparison pictures:

Phil's jacket
JMKscustomMartyMcFly139.jpg

Ben's jacket
JMKscustomMartyMcFly140.jpg

Comparison
JMKscustomMartyMcFly138.jpg

Marty must have stolen Marvin Berry's guitar in this one
JMKscustomMartyMcFly142.jpg

Side details
JMKscustomMartyMcFly144.jpg

Hopefully by sometime next week Ben will have all the clothes done.:D

outstanding mate!! the jacket looks awsome!!

All that needs to be done to the jacket is painting the snaps and adding the "Art in Revolution" button. Here are a few comparison pictures:

Phil's jacket
JMKscustomMartyMcFly139.jpg

Ben's jacket
JMKscustomMartyMcFly140.jpg

Comparison
JMKscustomMartyMcFly138.jpg

Marty must have stolen Marvin Berry's guitar in this one
JMKscustomMartyMcFly142.jpg

Side details
JMKscustomMartyMcFly144.jpg

Hopefully by sometime next week Ben will have all the clothes done.:D

Marty is 99.9% finished. Last night Ben made the white checkered shirt and the suspenders. Today he made the dark red undershirt and sewed the buttons onto the white shirt. We also added the "Art in Revolution" button to the Guess denim jacket.

Ben has decided to do some fine tuning on the paint job; add a clear coat and repaint the eyes. There is also some exposed cotton below the collar of the vest in the back. Phil simply glued the collar down in the back rather than sewing it all the way down.

The vest is now all that remains from Phil Cuthbert's original set. I am not knocking Phil, but it seems he hasn't worked in this scale as much as Ben.

So, on to the photos...

WEDNESDAY
MARCH 18
2009​

JMKscustomMartyMcFly173.jpg

JMKscustomMartyMcFly175.jpg

JMKscustomMartyMcFly178.jpg

JMKscustomMartyMcFly180.jpg

JMKscustomMartyMcFly181.jpg

JMKscustomMartyMcFly186.jpg

AWSOME josh, my jaw dropped! damn i want a seto f those clothes! the white striped shirt, undershirt, braces and the denim jacket!! awsome work mate!

Here's a quick update on Marty: eyes and hair repainted.

Flash
JMKscustomMartyMcFly190.jpg

Without flash
JMKscustomMartyMcFly189.jpg

And here's a figure I've wanted since I was a wee lad...

Detroit Police Detective Axel Foley from Beverly Hills Cop

JMKsAxelFoleycustom67.jpg

JMKsAxelFoleycustom68.jpg

JMKsAxelFoleycustom63.jpg

I used to use a regular Gi-Joe for Axel. Then in 2005 I found an Eddie Murphy head on eBay! Not the best likeness, but as far as I know, it's the only sculpt available. I painted the head when I got it. Looked decent enough. We eventually got a pair of blue Adidas which I painted white.

A while back we switched the head over to a BBI body. The blue jeans are the same as Marty's, except not bleached. Ben made the shirt and jacket (which has cut off sleeves). He then repainted the head. I also replaced his military Browning Hi-Power with a more accurate civilian version from the Sideshow Indiana Jones.

Original paint, shirt, and pistol on Gi-Joe body
JMKsAxelFoleycustom40.jpg

New paint, shirt, jacket, and pistol on BBI body
JMKsAxelFoleycustom71.jpg

I've only ever seen one other Axel Foley custom. That was on eBay and I think Ben and I have it beat.

Last edited:
Back