Customs by The Fusion Brothers (Mr. Dixon, sir)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Customs by The Fusion Brothers

Thanks, man! I just realized though that it looks like one of the James Bond figures is about to shoot Marty in the back.:lol

Nice work on the Axel, great character, funny movies, cool seeing him in 1/6 form.

Nice work on the Axel, great character, funny movies, cool seeing him in 1/6 form.

Thanks, man. I've always loved Beverly Hills Cop. It was the first R rated movie I saw ever! My dad rented it for me when I was in 4th grade.:lol

Here's a WIP, mostly finished Temple of Doom Indiana Jones. If you're gonna do a "Temple" Indy, he must be from the rope bridge scene.

BensTempleIndyV26.jpg

BensTempleIndyV27.jpg

BensTempleIndyV29.jpg

BensTempleIndyV211.jpg

BensTempleIndyV216.jpg

BensTempleIndyV217.jpg

BensTempleIndyV218.jpg

Recipe: Head is Sideshow recast to allow an attached neck. The hat was also recast after being altered to match the TOD/LC style pinch. The body is a BBI G3.5. The shirt is a heavily tailored and torn up Relic Hunter shirt. The pants are DID John Coleman. The belt is from Relic Hunter. The gunbelt is custom, as is the whip holder. The holster is from Relic Hunter. The boots are Hasbro, repainted. The whip is a cord painted and weathered with custom turk knot and pummel knot. The bag is custom, sewn using the Sideshow as reference, with custom strap. And the sword is from the Relic Hunter, as well.

NOTE: If you chose not to read the description, please take in the pictures, for each is worth approx 998 words.

Man, i officially admire Ben's tayloring skills. Marty is simply awsome.

I hope i can get a set of the clothes. I have a doc brown which i will be posting in the future, i used a dragon body, but i'm afraid that marty will look the same high as doc... so i'm looking for a smaller body, we'll see.

Sal

Sal

Man, i officially admire Ben's tayloring skills. Marty is simply awsome.

I hope i can get a set of the clothes. I have a doc brown which i will be posting in the future, i used a dragon body, but i'm afraid that marty will look the same high as doc... so i'm looking for a smaller body, we'll see.

Sal

Sal

I would also like to get a shorter body for my Marty (possibly Medicom?). I'm thinking, if we ever make a Doc, we'll use a Sideshow Buck body. At least that way he'll be taller than Marty.

I used the new SS Prometheus body with cut down wrists and feet, and that worked nicely for an upcoming short actor custom. Might think along those lines too, surgery on an existing body.
Hope you get one worked out.

Thanks, Les. I need to try that. What feet would you recommend for the shortened Pro body?

The problem with that i guess is that the shoes they sell arround on ebay will look kind of big and out of scale, right? and if you go by the surgery option, the jackets and shirts will be too big also, unless you are custom making one...

What a dilema.!
:monkey2

Here is my Marty, the head is not glued yet, but see what i mean, even without shoes he looks close to doc's hight.
fotoscanada227.jpg

By spv11, shot with DMC-FS20 at 2009-04-09

Both are dragon bodies...

Sal

I love the Temple Indy! The bruises in particular really bring him to life!

Marty and Doc are looking amazing as well. I'm diggin Doc's accessories they are fantasic! Can't to see what else you with Marty, he's awesome so far!

I love the Temple Indy! The bruises in particular really bring him to life!

Marty and Doc are looking amazing as well. I'm diggin Doc's accessories they are fantasic! Can't to see what else you with Marty, he's awesome so far!

Thanks, Mando.

And CAZAFANTASMA, your Doc looks great. Yeah, that's a shame about the figures being the same height. I would try using a Sideshow Buck from Doc.

COOL, where can i get one?

Caza, if you put up a thread in the Wants section you'll probably find a couple folks just about giving them away. Just say you want an Art S. Buck body w/ hands, lots of folks have one or two of them lying around I'd imagine.

After seeing Ultrajack's repaint of Medicom's Indiana Jones from Crystal Skull, I had to have one to customize. Ben and I've been working on an Indy from Crystal Skull for about a year now, on and off. Now we'll have the perfect head and accessories to make it work.

JMKsIndianaJones-KOTCS57.jpg

The first picture is what I had up until yesterday. The second is the Medicom Indy with different belts, holster and pistol.

We are going to use a Sideshow Pro body with boots. We'll also use the Medicom jacket, shirt, whip, bag strap buckle (with custom bag and strap), and of course the head and hat. Although I'm not thrilled with the shaping of the hat. The pants will be from the Relic Hunter, as will the holster, whip holder, and gunbelt (repainted with custom buckle). The pistol is a Webley Mk VI from DID. The web belt is DID also, I think.

Enough rambling. I'll post more pictures when the Sideshow Indy body gets here and Ben paints the head.

Back