Customizing DC Direct 13" Blunders

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made the mistake of buying 2 of the Dc Directs myself... Batman and Joker form Dark Knight... I gave the Batman one away and I still have Joker... He has a much better jacket then ether Hottoys Vers of him... Brite purple jacket with the burnt orange inside... When I Get the Dx im going to see what it looks like on it... If it looks all right Ill move the Dx too my V1 Joker... an the V1 to the Dc Direct... Yeah...

I fell into the same hole as well. I went hunting on Amazon UK for these. I never knew what Hot Toys was last Summer, couldn't find any of them. Then later found out they weren't due for release until November/December. I honestly never knew about these figures. Until one day I was searching The Dark Knight on Flickr just looking for movie shots of the film and came across the Hot Toys figures. I wondered what are these wicked looking detailed items. It's funny how Hong Kong/Japan always usually has the best of things.

I bought it thinking it was the same what was pictured from other places.

One thing I would love to do is make a new belt. I mean it's not as if it's really bad when posed properly.

3082993992_c31123cf62.jpg
3157741028_1422a83a51.jpg
3157741026_db7f62f9e2.jpg

I agree about the DC Direct Joker jacket. It's also shocking that DCD was the only one that could get the proper shirt colour down.

I really like the DCD Joker even owning the Hot Toys. It too is great when properly futzed/posed and a few touch ups.

3865116557_fb82c34e80.jpg

However. Somebody else made a killer mod of it adding hair here. They had it sat down with the jacket on the shoulders casually. Imagine owning that.

Imagine having that as the DCD Joker. :D

IMG_1582.jpg

Hi,
The outfits will fit any of the Jakk's Wrestling figures (12") I used the Batman outfit/head on one (see in my gallery) and it works great! Depending on your skill's at customizing, I think you could have some great looking figures to display!

Hi,
The outfits will fit any of the Jakk's Wrestling figures (12") I used the Batman outfit/head on one (see in my gallery) and it works great! Depending on your skill's at customizing, I think you could have some great looking figures to display!

Do the DCD deluxe heads fit correctly on the Jakks Pacific bodies? I thought the Jakks bodies were closer to 13" too.

The figures on smaller bodies can be modded fairly easily... I did it with the V for Vendetta figure. But I don't think you can do much with the beefy 13" figures unless you were able to re-tailor the outfits.

vendetta.jpg

How easy is it to remove a head from the 13'ers? I like the Joker figure, but not the head sculpt. I know a guy that casts heads for mego sized figures and may be able to enlarge one to fit. Anyone have any pix of how the head attaches?

The figures on smaller bodies can be modded fairly easily... I did it with the V for Vendetta figure. But I don't think you can do much with the beefy 13" figures unless you were able to re-tailor the outfits.

vendetta.jpg

I've been wanting to do this conversion for a while now. What did you do for this figure? Did you have to retailor the outfit?

Flash with his costume on.

Predator020.jpg

I just need to get some extra Predator ankle joints and customize some better hands or paint some gloved hands red to make hime look more proportionate (the DCD Deluxe hands look like crap on this body).

I put the Superman suit on a 12 inch body, but it didn't work that great in my opinion:

DSCN1925-1.jpg

Robin probably works better because his body is slightly smaller.

I put the Superman suit on a 12 inch body, but it didn't work that great in my opinion:

DSCN1925-1.jpg

Robin probably works better because his body is slightly smaller.

I'd tried the same thing on a standard TrueType and it looks like a kid wearing a loose pair of pajamas. Superman's costume fits on a TT muscle body though, you just sacrifice the articulation.

Back