Custom zombie/volcano/earthquake boardgame discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevinboylan1989

Freakzoid
Reaction score
A buddy of mine and I recently decided to make a board game from an original idea. We came up with the idea of trying to escape from a town/city overrun by zombies, torn apart by an earthquake and in the destructive path of an erupting volcano. Four players start at one corner of the map and 'The Radio Station' and they're each given a different 'quest item' in or to fix the radio. The goal is to fix the station, then call call the helicopter to come pick them up and get out the city. All the players work against each other and only one can be saved. The disasters all play off each other and affect one another and the of course the players. The earthquake will split the board in half and move it into different positions, which of course changes the routes and such the players have to take. The volcano creates Lava Flows which go down the main streets. The Lava Flow will clear zombies and rubble/obstacles to allow easier movement once the hot magma is clear. The earthquake can also potentially change the path of the Lava Flow or play a role how Zombies affect the route you're going to take/kill them. The zombies are more of mobs that spawn in the streets and need Ammo to eliminate. Theres no death or dice role to 'shoot' the Zombies well enough. So it more acts like a game of chess, with a lot of variation. I attend an art school in Florence and my buddy (whose working on it with me) is a teacher there. So we're making everything by drawing, painting or stamping the pieces. It has a sorta FallOut feel to it so far. We're in the process of making all the pieces, and hammering out all the mechanics.
If anyone has any feedback or ideas, or if you just want to know more, let me know! I plan on posting some pictures soon of the board and such. Depending on how much fun it is to play/how well it turns out or if anyone else would like to play it; I'd like to figure out a way to (maybe not mass produce) make copies of it. I thought at the very least I could type up the rules, and maybe even a way to print the board and pieces. What do you guys think?

Back