Custom Toy Blogger Accused Of Infringing On Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glyoung99

Super Freak
Reaction score
Oh please give me a break.

https://techdirt.com/articles/20090420/0337504564.shtml

Reader shaniac points us to a blog post on a custom toy blog, where the blogger explains how some of his photo galleries of custom toys he made were forced offline due to a DMCA takedown notice from 20th Century Fox, claiming that they infringed on intellectual property from the Wolverine movie. Except, if you look at the images, it seems pretty clear that they've got nothing, whatsoever, to do with Wolverine. In other words, 20th Century Fox appears to have broken the law, in claiming it held the copyright over the figures in those images, when it appears it did not. Unfortunately, the site hosting his content doesn't fully understand that under the DMCA it can re-enable his content if he files a counternotice and 20th Century Fox fails to file a lawsuit within a specified period of time. Instead, it's told the blogger that he needs to get the lawyer from 20th Century Fox to agree that the content doesn't infringe -- and the lawyers don't seem to be responding to any emails, meaning that the blogger is stuck in limbo for no good reason.

stupid stuff like this makes me glad their crappy Wolverine movie was leaked online. Hopefully word of mouth spreads before the opening and xmen fans are smart enough to stay home and not give Fox their money for this boring chicle ridden turd of a movie.

Movie was very very average.The only thing good about this movie was the trailer.

Wait, WTF?

I see absolutely nothing there that has anything to do with Wolverine, Marvel or FOX.

Back