Custom Tony Stark Hologram Light Table WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Username

Last Son Of Krypton
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys. I posted this before in the MKI 2.0 thread, but i don't want to spam that thread.
Started this at the request of another member here, and it's pretty much already finished. Aside from an idea or two that is.
It's a fairly simple box structure with a cutout on top for a clear plexi emitter platform, and a frame around that(It never occurred to me at the start to use clear plexi for the entire top of the box... Doh! If i make another one, i will do that to save time).
Item was glued, sanded and painted in two sessions, and took about four hours to do.
The lighting "system" is just a simple double set of battery powered 72 LED lamps on a sheet of styrene that the main box sits on top of. By luck, the size i eyeballed the table to be from screen caps turned out to be perfect to house these lights.
One of the additions i am considering adding to it is a "Stark Enterprises" logo on the bottom. I am also considering adding a wall socket(Like, a scale 1/6 socket to make it look like it's plugged into a mains outlet).
Opinions welcomed on the Stark logo and the wall outlet idea.
I don't have the MKI Hologram, so i have been using Hologram Yoda and HALO Cortana figures.
Feedback is welcomed on the look.

IMG_1367.jpg

IMG_1369.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg

IMG_1372.jpg

IMG_1373.jpg

IMG_1375.jpg

IMG_1376.jpg

IMG_1377.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

Very cool idea, looks great! :rock

Thanks. As i said above, i am considering getting some Stark Industries vinyl signs done for the side. Like this was made for Tony by the company.

Really nice job. Now you need more holograms ;)

Lol.
It was not built for myself.
I built it prospectively for a member of the forums here.
I think it's possible he might not want it now, irony of ironies. I suppose that's the way of the world.
:)

Might have to get one of those from yah Username! :rock

Awesome!

Ski

Thanks.
I am looking into making a pattern for vacforming.
I haven't had a lot of interest though. This was meant as a one off for a single client who then decided he couldn't afford it(Which is fine. I built it before he actually gave me the full go-ahead). If i thought there were even six people out there willing to pay $60 plus shipping for one of these, i would go ahead and make a pattern so i could replicate it easily.
If not, it's the "custom, one-off" route, and as you well know, that's a bit more expensive.

Yep, I understand completely, you've gotta do what you've gotta do.

I hope more fellas show interests in this for you.

Thanks,

Ski

Yep, I understand completely, you've gotta do what you've gotta do.

I hope more fellas show interests in this for you.

Thanks,

Ski

That would have been great. But It seems no-one wants the hologram table to display the MKI(Or even the MKVII eventually) holograms.
But it's cool. I found a buyer for this one.
Nothing has been lost. And one Hologram table has been gained!
:)

Back