Custom Orders important info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfisher

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Gentlemen... I have not been on the board much of late... but in the last week I have gotten 3 or 4 PM's regarding custom order requests.. Not to get into an excessively long and involved story.. but after three years of putting my wife through nursing school she just recently graduated and secured a very good paying job last month.. after three weeks of seeing what kind of money she would be making she came home and advised she wanted a divorce.. no longer needing my police income.. go figure... so anyhoo... she apparently had been planning this for some time as she already secured an apartment and is moving out in a little over a week... for the time being I am putting custom work on hold for about two weeks.. once she is out I will get back at it.. and honestly have more time to work at those projects than before...plus will not only need the distraction to keep my mind occupied.. but will actually need the extra funds... I apologize for the delay in responding but obviously my plate is a little full.... Indiana Paul I got your PM this morning and see that you already paid.. I will do my best to honor my two week turn around with that one order... but I will have my hands full for a bit... I appreciate all of your patience and understanding..

Really sorry to hear that Mike. Speaking as someone who has been through a divorce, I feel for you. Know that whatever gut punch it feels like now, things will and do get better.

Sorry to hear about the divorce Mike, that's not easy. Sounds like you have a good attitude about it though, so hopefully that'll make it easier. We're here if you ever need to vent!

I sent you a PM a few months back, but it's no rush. Once you're back to full steam I'll follow up again.

Take care man.

Really sorry to hear about this, Mike. You're a good dude, and I wish you the best. :duff

Mike, I'm really sorry to hear this. We have a lot of stress in LE. Please keep your head about you when out on the streets.
-Jason

Man, that's ____'d up. I've heard this story before and its always sicking. A nurse too -- aren't they suppose to be empathetic?

Anyway, good riddance to bad baggage.

So sad.
Best wishes.

Don't do anything stupid.
Keep it together.

Sincerely,
Been there, done that.

My divorce was the worst time of my life, but it also gave me the opportunity to focus on what I really want.

This is a blessing in disguise, I know you probably don't want to hear that, but it's true.

Last edited:
All the well wishes and advice are sincerely appreciated.... and don't worry about me doing anything stupid :) ... In the end.. although I loved my wife very much.. I was never very happy either... but I kept trying.. she quit.. simple as that.. my priorities at this point are simply being a good dad and doing the things that make me happy... I foresee much more time in the workshop... I actually hope to build up around ten full sets of Indy gear over the next month or so in order to be able to help anyone that has requested gear to order and get shipment almost immediately... (plus with the income I can refurbish my house which is about to get raped of furniture !! :lol ) But at least I get to stay in the house right ! Plus I foresee this being a much happier home for my two small children who are without a doubt the center of my universe... again, I appreciate the support... means a lot...

Sorry to hear about your situation. I'm one of those wanting some items so I will patiently wait. Don't be surprised to look back at this down the road and find out it all turned out for the best. I speak from experience.

I just read your post. Very sorry to hear it Mike. Best of luck and keep your head up buddy! Things will work out fine.

Best,

Robert

I've been thinking more and more about your snapping up one of your gear sets, so I will definitely hit you up when you are ready to rip and tear. Good luck and let us know when you're ready.

You are a valued presence on these boards, and I hope you can keep that up.

I was wanting to get a whip from you (was actually going to contact you in a few weeks,) but whenever you are back on track.

Back