Statue Custom Michael Myers 1/4 DONE - See 1st Post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: chance of custom Michael Myers 1/4

Na.. way to early. Im stil finishing up orders from last project.. but I already do material sourcing and do my sketchings and plannings.. Price will be determined once I have the Prototype done and I know what costs got into this piece and what costs I have for each piece incl. working hours.

Sorry but please dont expect to see anything until at least November...

I am already saving up money for this! Can't wait. So glad you're making it happen and am looking forward to seeing all of the progress you put into it. I have seen your previous work and I am not worried with how it will turn out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worries, thank you for the response! I look forward to see what you come up with.

that makes two of us :lol

I am already saving up money for this! Can't wait. So glad you're making it happen and am looking forward to seeing all of the progress you put into it. I have seen your previous work and I am not worried with how it will turn out.

Thanks for that !! :) I hope so as well !

Na.. way to early. Im stil finishing up orders from last project.. but I already do material sourcing and do my sketchings and plannings.. Price will be determined once I have the Prototype done and I know what costs got into this piece and what costs I have for each piece incl. working hours.

Sorry but please dont expect to see anything until at least November...

Not so bad considering we are all used to waiting for any kind of news. I'm so excited about this.

hey Guys,

would like to get some feedback on this work in progress mask..there are many things not right...

PS: the hair is just roughly photoshoped in..

Screen%20Shot%202017-08-29%20at%208.51.00%20AM_zpsn30vrozn.png

Screen%20Shot%202017-08-29%20at%208.51.59%20AM_zpstmr5zcqa.png

Last edited:

Waaaaaay off. No offense. Chin looks too point, mask is more round at the bottom.

dXhqdTFg.jpeg

Use this as a reference. One of the best masks in the game.

Do you plan to do a second head sculpt for this release? I could see it working really well. Just do an H2 warlock sculpt!

And how much do your statues typically cost?

Waaaaaay off. No offense. Chin looks too point, mask is more round at the bottom.

dXhqdTFg.jpeg

Use this as a reference. One of the best masks in the game.

Do you plan to do a second head sculpt for this release? I could see it working really well. Just do an H2 warlock sculpt!

And how much do your statues typically cost?

The 3D file is done by someone else I work from time to time.. but I think organic sculpts are not his thing. I will do this myself probably traditionally.

Not sure about a second head.. I will work first on the one before thinking on second option.

Price,I really cant tell at this point.. it veries.. last statues were between $450 - $650

That's pretty reasonable. I'm okay with the price. :).

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

hey Guys,

would like to get some feedback on this work in progress mask..there are many things not right...

PS: the hair is just roughly photoshoped in..

Screen%20Shot%202017-08-29%20at%208.51.00%20AM_zpsn30vrozn.png

Screen%20Shot%202017-08-29%20at%208.51.59%20AM_zpstmr5zcqa.png

Yep it is way, way off. This is nowhere close to looking like the 1978 Myers mask.

that is the way the 1978 mask looked, none of the others on this look like the original, darkmarios picture is a great mask but it does not look like the mask in the 1978 original film and amstels mask is great also but not the way the mask is suppose to look, the mask i posted above is a nag 75k the most popular mask in the hobby and considered the number 1 myers replica mask over on the michael myers.net forums, trust me this mask is the way he should lookmyers.jpg

chance of custom Michael Myers 1/4

You could research the 1978 Hero mask on this website, www.Michael-Myers.net.

The base of the mask was a Captain Kirk mask which was a flesh colored mask with blonde hair. They cut out the shape of Kirk's eyes, spray painted the mask white and spray painted the hair medium color brown.

During the movie, some of the paint started to wear off on the neck area, on the nose and at the inside corner of the eyes of the mask when the actors repeatedly took it off between the takes. Once the paint wore off, you could see the some of the flesh color underneath the white paint. Then in small areas there were some dirt smudges here and there.

Here's some pictures-

7319bba157eef9f0461454da842e0b57.png

7f9de2f5ae38dbb7f80552e0fed429bb.png

9ded444d5e02d0cdd530862191bc80e4.png

9132e9067fe80d1e188178195f68f7de.png

bda9277d410305055750f121b7169032.png

61375bac93fdf1fbb25b52e19f813214.png

53f7efe2281eae7d52ac70121e83ff04.png

Thanks for the feedback guys. As mentioned, I will probably lay off the guy.. I will do the mask sculpting traditionally myself .. I think thats the best way to go anyways considering how I like to construct this statue.

Hi. Here are some behind the scenes/screen shots for reference.

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 101
  • Awesome-Behind-The-Scenes-Photos-From-The-Making-Of-Halloween-1978 (2).jpg
    Awesome-Behind-The-Scenes-Photos-From-The-Making-Of-Halloween-1978 (2).jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 108
  • halloween_1978_still.jpg
    halloween_1978_still.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 101
  • halloween-1978-movie-hq-2.jpg
    halloween-1978-movie-hq-2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 99
  • Mask-Halloween-1978.jpg
    Mask-Halloween-1978.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 100
  • mike-myers.jpg
    mike-myers.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 102

great references! Thanks guys! Im pretty set on those now and will work on the sculpt starting in October and post WIP as soon as possible :)

This looks very promising! Hopefully some news in time for....Halloween!

Yeah some updates would be nice.
Time is not an issue. Better to take it easy and get a much more accurate product. I'm sure everyone would agree.

Hey Guys, I would love to have something for you but besides some material sourcing there havent been done much so far. Im still busy finishing up the last batch of Jawas and we have a personal issue in the family on top of that that..

But this project is very much alive .. I have a good feeling we have Myers DONE by the end of 1st quarter 2018.

I can say that we are currently getting the knife blade made and it will be real metal.

Hey Guys, I would love to have something for you but besides some material sourcing there havent been done much so far. Im still busy finishing up the last batch of Jawas and we have a personal issue in the family on top of that that..

But this project is very much alive .. I have a good feeling we have Myers DONE by the end of 1st quarter 2018.

I can say that we are currently getting the knife blade made and it will be real metal.

Sounds good to me.
Real metal blade. Awesome!
Real wood handle...Priceless! :)

Back