Custom Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker ROTJ 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started piecing my DX Jedi Luke together tonight, maybe I missed something along the thread, but how do you handle the feet??

It seems like this is a new TT with balljoint ankles instead of a barbell like they normally are. I don't have anything in my bin that will fit those legs.

Do you pull the feet out of the Bespin boots?? They seem to be pretty firmly implanted in there.

The SS outfit is like Luke playing in his daddy's clothes. . . hmmm, this isn't the simple bash, I thought it was going to be.

Not sure if somebody answered this already, but all you have to do is use old Sideshow Buck feet. They fit perfectly.
My recipe for ROTJ Luke is HT ESB Luke head sculpt and body with Sideshow Buck feet, Sideshow black outfit (a bit "roomy" but looks pretty good IMO), Sideshow boots (I think they are Piett's or Bespin Solo's, better fit than the original boots that came with the Sideshow Luke), Sideshow belt and light-saber, and Medicom vest and sash.

No pics, though, sorry!

Not sure if somebody answered this already, but all you have to do is use old Sideshow Buck feet. They fit perfectly.

Okay, so you pulled the ankle joint out of the Bespin boots and put the Buck feet on that?

I'm just trying to make sure I don't damage the Bespin boots in removing the 'components'.

I got the sideshow outfit on my luke right now but the outer shirt and belt are blue,is that screen accurate and what steps can I take to fix it?

I got the sideshow outfit on my luke right now but the outer shirt and belt are blue,is that screen accurate and what steps can I take to fix it?

Not screen accurate. It probably was on display in sunlight and got bleached by the UV rays. I thing the only way to fix it is to redye the suit. Rit dyes work really well and can be found at most grocery stores.

Yeah, that sounds likely.

Now I just need to find a HT head at a decent price, or buy a 2nd one and part him out :huh

Finally went ahead and bought a 2nd DX... but was able to score an exclusive for retail.

So now I can upgrade my Sideshow Luke :rock

I know a lot of people have been using the Hot Toys Bespin Luke head for Jedi Luke, but I personally don't think it captures the maturity of Mark Hamill from 'Return of the Jedi'. The Sideshow figure has it's problems, but as you can see with clparker04's repaint, the Sideshow sculpt was once again buried under sloppy factory paint applications.
This is Sideshow clothing and gear, on a Hot Toys slim truetype. The hands are from Bespin Luke, and the gloved hand is from Episode III Anakin (I think, I bought it loose, so I could be wrong).

JediLuke01.jpg

JediLuke02.jpg

JediLuke03.jpg

JediLuke04.jpg

JediLuke06.jpg

JediLuke05.jpg

JediLuke07.jpg

JediLuke08.jpg

JediLuke09.jpg

It does looks nice except for the bobble head and long neck. The sculpt has never been in question. It's always been paint aps and size. If you like it that's all that matters. :)

That pic with the hood up really shows the best of the sculpt. Ssc have yet to get one perfect yet. Luke is such a important character.
I have mid posed that way and have another Jedi with the ht head ( awaiting a "wig".

It does looks nice except for the bobble head and long neck. The sculpt has never been in question. It's always been paint aps and size. If you like it that's all that matters. :)

If the heads is too big dosnt that qualify to put the sculpt into question?

That is very sexy King :panic:

I just swapped mine over... I'm actually surprised how much I like the head and hair in person as Jedi. In pics it always seems off, but in person it's much better... and not a lot different from the look of the Sideshow hair; just much more detailed and a bit messier.

If Sideshow's Luke was 25% or so smaller I'd repaint it and still be using it... but this is as good as it get's using stock parts.

speaking of luke...i finally got mine to where i half way like it..still need to do something with the SSC head..but for now...it's ok..
ive been having issues with his black top..so i finally pieced one together from about 4 other things..lol..but now it's the ultimate shirt...lol...just dont look under his vest..shhhh..
jediluke_zpsbbe1cf43.jpg

KING DARKNESS: that luke looks so dope! your photography skills also make set the mood in the pics! awesome work ! makes me wanna pick up a luke headsculpt asap!.

Very cool. Looks like he's fresh from empire in his new duds getting ready to train himself further with thoughts of yodas presence.

Back