Custom Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker ROTJ 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry EF. None yet. Work is killing me. 80 hours a week since the beginning of November. :( But the good news is now I can afford all the figs I've been on the fence over.

Sorry KD. None yet. Work is killing me. 80 hours a week since the beginning of November. :( But the good news is now I can afford all the figs I've been on the fence over.

So.....tempting.......don't...want....to....wreck...a.......good.....thing.

Oh, wth

Are any Jedi wigs done yet?

So.....tempting.......don't...want....to....wreck...a.......good.....thing.

Oh, wth

Are any Jedi wigs done yet?

None yet. Work is killing Him. 80 hours a week since the beginning of November. :( But the good news is now He can afford all the figs He's been on the fence over.

Sorry DI. None yet. Work is killing me. 80 hours a week since the beginning of November. :( But the good news is now I can afford all the figs I've been on the fence over.

Didn't want you to feel left out. :)

Sorry DS. None yet. I'm hopefully getting a day off tomorrow but not sure yet. My wife has to work and ill have the kids but I may be able to sneak some time in to start cranking these out. Ill let you guys know as soon as I have a working prototype.

Why doesn't someone who's got the completed head just cast a copy and hey presto problem solved for everyone and it saves people from spending a $100 or more on the HT Luke head.

Why doesn't someone who's got the completed head just cast a copy and hey presto problem solved for everyone and it saves people from spending a $100 or more on the HT Luke head.

That's a good question. I would have to answer it with a few reasons why I wouldn't do it.
1)If you recast the head you won't get the pers.
2)Its incredibly hard to get the face to look as good as their paint apps.
3)I wouldn't offer a painted one cause I suck at painting faces.
4)Molding this head would most likely ruin my $100.00 head that I paid good money for because of all the residual mold material that would get stuck behind the eyes.
5) It would not look as good as an original head no matter what and would not be uniform in your collection side by side.
6) You'd have to pay maybe $50.00 or more for a head then send it to someone else to be painted for $50.00 or more so its pointless.
7) there are always imperfection with a recast and would never be perfect.

I'm sure there are a few more points that I've left out besides the fact that you'd be labeled a Recaster and its kind of a dirty word up here. It doesn't stop people from doing it but it is what it is. He'll I'm recasting just the wig so yeah. It's a fine line of integrity and shady ness that we walk.

As bizzarre as it seems I think I like my Jedi Luke more than the Empire original, just has more shelf presence next to Vader and pal patine.

Jedi_Luke_3.jpg

Makes for an amazing wallpaper on my phone. Thank you. :D :duff

Ok. First update on this project in months. I made my first cast of the head/wig. It has a few bubbles indented into the hair so I may need to mold it again for a cleaner cast. Here are a few pics. This was done with smooth-cast 300 white and I added so-strong brown color tint. Came out a pretty dark chocolate brown. Maybe in between milk and dark chocolate. I'm going to see how the other ht hair piece is colored and see if I can match the tone.

dejy3u4a.jpg
e3yry9u4.jpg
ururysub.jpg
ymyzudah.jpg

If anyone wants just the head itself and can do the sanding, drilling, dremeling themselves I'd be glad to sell them cheaper. Maybe $10.00 shipped. If you have no desire to do all the work I can make them dremeled and ready to fit to the ht head for $20.00 shipped. If you want it highlighted or painted differently I can try my hand at it but I'm really not that skilled at painting. Molding and casting is more my forte.

This looks really good. Great work!:rock

Have you tried working on the SS Jedi Luke sculpt? Like making it smaller or modifying to fit current HT bodies? I think that's still the best Luke likeness to date.

This looks really good. Great work!:rock

Have you tried working on the SS Jedi Luke sculpt? Like making it smaller or modifying to fit current HT bodies? I think that's still the best Luke likeness to date.

Thanks.

I have not tried working with the SS sculpt even though I think its a good sculpt its just too big for my taste.

It's easier to make a mold bigger than it is to make it smaller. You can just add some paint thinner into a bowl and let the mold soak a while to make it bigger. I'm not even sure how you'd make one smaller. I guess I'm just happy with the ht sculpt so I was never really worried about working with the SS.

You can actually retrofit a ht body with a SS sculpt. You just have to boil and pop the hard plastic piece out of the head and use a ht rubber neck connector. Even if you have to pad it a buy or shave it down it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to me. You may have to shorten the SS neck some so it doesn't look like a giraffe on the ht body but other than that it sounds pretty easy.

Back