Custom Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker ROTJ 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that wig is definitely tons better looking...........great idea & execution....:clap

I don't know guys, and no offence jedijim, great idea (and I love your Star Wars bashes) I don't think this hair sculpt has enough detail in it. I have the Medi head as well, and although it looks pretty ok in jedijim's pics, in hand it's very crude and lacking in detail. As yoda said once "I think there is another..way of doing it"

what body did you use? so i can try it if you make a cast for the luke hair.maybe you can try to remold the hair for the bespin luke so that way it dont look off some sorts
:lectureExactly what I'm doing.:clap

I don't know guys, and no offence jedijim, great idea (and I love your Star Wars bashes) I don't think this hair sculpt has enough detail in it. I have the Medi head as well, and although it looks pretty ok in jedijim's pics, in hand it's very crude and lacking in detail. As yoda said once "I think there is another..way of doing it"

Meh the sculpt is fine. Could use a repaint though.

Meh the sculpt is fine. Could use a repaint though.

It's not.:dunno

photo-64.jpg

Ooooooookay then. I forgot you were the expert here. :dunno

Looks fine. :hi5:
:lol Sorry, I forgot you were the self appointed god of opinion.
But I guess it's all down to taste? If you think thats fine, enjoy my friend.

:hi5:

Really?! :dunno

1-64.jpg
photo-64.jpg

Last edited:
what body did you use? so i can try it if you make a cast for the luke hair.maybe you can try to remold the hair for the bespin luke so that way it dont look off some sorts

I uses the DX 07 body. Got one off eBay for $32.00 shipped. Not bad. That way all the neck adapters will stay the same. You can use a slim true type, a Carson zcwo body, or a red skull slim as well.

Rory brings up great points. It's not extremely detailed like the HT we all know that. I'm just here to show my work until a real artist comes up with something better and I'm sure someone will. Hint. Hint. Cough,Rory, cough!

Anyway I'm not really that big on selling it but if people ask for one I will provide them. Just trying to show an alternative to what we already have. I'm still not completely satisfied with it, and its merely a fragment from a probe droid in the hoth system but its the best lead we've had.

Not trying to force these on anyone and ill show better pics once I have a final product. All I did for this was chop down the face, rather crudely, and slap it on. These are just preliminary pics. Nothing fancy. Just wanted to show what it would look like if he had Jedi hair.

Anyone can back out at any time. I didn't really start this to sell them but it seems like an overwhelming amount of folks are supportive and are looking for something like this. I may be the first one to think of it and offer it but I won't be the last.

Looks like some soft casts there. Here are a few more pics I took with the SS vs the Medi.
e6e2a7u9.jpg
asa8esuv.jpg
gumajamy.jpg
mu5amesy.jpg

Rory brings up great points. It's not extremely detailed like the HT we all know that. I'm just here to show my work until a real artist comes up with something better and I'm sure someone will. Hint. Hint. Cough,Rory, cough!

Anyway I'm not really that big on selling it but if people ask for one I will provide them. Just trying to show an alternative to what we already have. I'm still not completely satisfied with it, and its merely a fragment from a probe droid in the hoth system but its the best lead we've had.

Not trying to force these on anyone and ill show better pics once I have a final product. All I did for this was chop down the face, rather crudely, and slap it on. These are just preliminary pics. Nothing fancy. Just wanted to show what it would look like if he had Jedi hair.

Anyone can back out at any time. I didn't really start this to sell them but it seems like an overwhelming amount of folks are supportive and are looking for something like this. I may be the first one to think of it and offer it but I won't be the last.

Man your Star Wars experiments are awesome, and you were the first person to show us all how cool a Jedi Luke would look with correct hair. And it was a bloody great idea. I hope you don't think I was knocking your mod in anyway, cause I'm not, just trying to figure out if there's a way to get a really detailed version of your wig idea.:clap and:duff

The hair looks fantastic, shape wise. I think the one thing slightly holding it back is the paint / color. Maybe with (and I know nothing about paint, mind you) some sort of layer to give it a little shine, since it looks slightly off with a matte-painted hair piece and very detailed face sculpt.

Man your Star Wars experiments are awesome, and you were the first person to show us all how cool a Jedi Luke would look with correct hair. And it was a bloody great idea. I hope you don't think I was knocking your mod in anyway, cause I'm not, just trying to figure out if there's a way to get a really detailed version of your wig idea.:clap and:duff

Not at all rory. I defer to your talents. I've seen your work and am very impressed. I take your opinions as constructive and not criticisms. I was just saying that i was hoping maybe you or another one of our resident artisans could take on the task of sculpting better hair. I would love a fully HT detailed Jedi hair piece. This is just a place holder. I just wish I knew how to improve it.

Not at all rory. I defer to your talents. I've seen your work and am very impressed. I take your opinions as constructive and not criticisms. I was just saying that i was hoping maybe you or another one of our resident artisans could take on the task of sculpting better hair. I would love a fully HT detailed Jedi hair piece. This is just a place holder. I just wish I knew how to improve it.

:hi5:
Thanks mate.

With all the Jedi Luke pics and posts on the ht Luke thread I thought I'd start this one for my custom Jedi Luke and for everyone else to post their pics and ideas.

I chopped down my Medi Luke's head by carving the face off and leaving the hair. I tried it on the ht Luke head and I think it looks good.
anuduheg.jpg
View attachment 53762
edyqaqud.jpg
jy5a3u9e.jpg
u7ujy9u6.jpg

Thats the Medi outfit too right? The sideshows isnt a 2 part outfit if I recall correctly?

Thats the Medi outfit too right? The sideshows isnt a 2 part outfit if I recall correctly?

Yes. You are correct. I like the Medi outfit because its more slimming but I like the SS cause its one piece. Decisions decisions.
sa4e6yty.jpg
bereqema.jpg

Comparing the two. Ill end up doing a hybrid.

Back