Custom death star trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krieg-der-sterne

Super Freak
Reaction score
i was thinking about trying to make my own death star trooper.has anyone ever tried to make one?most difficult part should be the helmet!the uniform likely is the one the sideshow praji is wearing.not sure how fitting the hasbro helmet one could be .if anyone has an idea how to make the helmet,please let me know.

i always wanted to make one...........but call him...........
581-1.jpg

before the days of P.C. :lol

i was thinking about trying to make my own death star trooper.has anyone ever tried to make one?most difficult part should be the helmet!the uniform likely is the one the sideshow praji is wearing.not sure how fitting the hasbro helmet one could be .if anyone has an idea how to make the helmet,please let me know.

I think you'd want the Piett uniform, as Praji's is black... although I know its more accurate to be green; imperial uniforms will always be gray in my mind thanks to Kenner :lol

Keep us updated; if you're able to reproduce the helmet I'd be interested in one :lecture

i always wanted to make one...........but call him...........
581-1.jpg

before the days of P.C. :lol

I agree 100%; Death Squad Commander also just fits better with Stormtroopers... keep that Nazi theme going strong :lol

I tried to do a helmet making mods to the Rebel Fleet Trooper helmet, no luck.

I also would be interested in seeing what someone could come up with.

I think you'd want the Piett uniform, as Praji's is black... although I know its more accurate to be green; imperial uniforms will always be gray in my mind thanks to Kenner :lol

Keep us updated; if you're able to reproduce the helmet I'd be interested in one :lecture

I agree 100%; Death Squad Commander also just fits better with Stormtroopers... keep that Nazi theme going strong :lol

well,the troopers appear to be wearing black uniforms,if i am correct.

if anyone has a rebel fleet trooper helmet to spare or has a cast of it,please let me know.i could use that as a base for the death star trooper helmet

I was digging through a box of parts & found a Death Star trooper helmet.I did a side by side comparison with the sideshow rebel trooper helmet & was suprised how the hasbro sized up.

Taking a set of calipers & measured the outside diamentions of the main helmet portion(i.e. the part that would represent the base helm that both helmets were created around)& they were very close.
The hasbro helmet is thick & has a molded headband inside that would need to be dremeled out.Haven't done it myself as of yet but I'm sure it would fit "on" the figures head better rather than sit "on top of" the figures head like Elmer Fudd,lol.
DSC00598.jpg

DSC00599.jpg

made one a while back using the hasbro outfit. helmets huge. think i dremmeled out some of the inside of the helmet so it would sit better on the head.

vader009.jpg

It's a custom punisher sculpt offered by a board member sometime back.

So Duane, do you think the Hasbro helmet would look good if dremmeled out to fit right?

Ryan, yours looks great by the way! If you have any more pics of him, that would be great! :D

From the measurments & camparison with thr RFT helmet,That's exactly what I believe Chris.
It's just so thick & bulky but the actual size of it will work fine.Remove some of the inside as Ryan did(looks great BTW).It seems big on a figure but if you compare it with some stills from the movies-the outside edge of the helm with the characters shoulders it seems about right.

Good to know, may try and pick one of the Hasbro figs up as I don't know if Sideshow will get around to it.

I just scored a couple of these guys off ebay for a great price. Gonna give it a go.

Thanks for the info and pictures guys!

Back