Custom Bruce Lee ETD Head: Digital Color Test

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinister

Super Freak
Reaction score
UPDATED++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Every custom sculpt I create - I do a digital color test before I'm 100% done with the sculpt and before I cast/paint. It is amazing the flaws the color test reveals. This is the third color test I've done for this sculpt and I'm pretty satisfied with it.

The test is just a series of tints in Photoshop. And to be accurate - there's no painting or airbrushing other than eyebrows, pupils, eyelashes, five o'clock shadow, and some reflection on the eyes (since I gloss the eyes on sculpts). Everything else is a direct tint of the image of the unpainted sculpt. Final painted sculpt should look pretty close to this - usually better since some shadows are washed out with the tint process.

I'm 100% ecstatic about this sculpt guys!!! :yess:

Last edited:
Re: Custom Bruce Lee ETD Head

I love the multitude of different Bruce Lee expressions are available. He looks fierce in this one!

Thanks guys! Rondobruteman; that's also part of the difficulty with sculpting Bruce. He's got so man expressions that are instantly recognizable. So you're stuck with either nailing exactly one of the iconic expressions - or you're stuck with a generic "relaxed" expression. Relaxed Bruce is surprisingly hard to do.

I also notice that he looks really different from photo to photo - scene to scene even within the same movie. If you watch ETD: the daylight scenes he looks completely different from the scene in dungeon. In the daylight scenes he looks less skinny and his face is fuller. And then the final fight scene - he looks changed again. Much skinner in body and in the face.

For this hs - I'm specifically capturing him from the daylight fight scenes in the court yard.

BL has really tough facial features because his face is a combination of subtle and extreme.

I'll post more pics as I get closer to finishing. About 60% there.

For me, he's more tough because he 'seems' to look different in every scene of every movie like you just noted.:gah:

Anyways, the second pass is always better than the first. Best of luck.

Last edited:

Thanks Arsyn! That's why I ended up focusing on just ETD Bruce during the contest fights in the palace courtyard. I was going bonkers before with a mix of pics from the other scenes in the bag.:gah:

Getting there. Finally got the chin and jaw just right. I tried to capture the subtle little muscles on the sides of his jaw when he gets really simmering - like he's grinding his teetch in his mouth.

Every custom sculpt I create - I do a digital color test before I'm 100% done with the sculpt and before I cast/paint. It is amazing the flaws the color test reveals. This is the third color test I've done for this sculpt and I'm pretty satisfied with it.

The test is just a series of tints in Photoshop. And to be accurate - there's no painting or airbrushing other than eyebrows, pupils, eyelashes, five o'clock shadow, and some reflection on the eyes (since I gloss the eyes on sculpts). Everything else is a direct tint of the image of the unpainted sculpt. Final painted sculpt should look pretty close to this - usually better since some shadows are washed out with the tint process.

I'm 100% ecstatic about this sculpt guys!!! :yess:

Last edited:
I think in the final paint - I'll have to remember not to give him too much of the Spock brows. hehe:

Last edited:
Awesome. I just got an Enterbay BL3.5 body and set of hands from ETD A set. And I have the stealth tights, shoes, and half staffs kept from when I sold my HT ETD. Will post pics of the finished figure in a couple weeks.

This is the final HS before casting. I made some changes based on the last color test. Mostly around the eyes and I defined the lips more. I also tapered the jaw and chin. It's done and done.

Getting there. Finally got the chin and jaw just right. I tried to capture the subtle little muscles on the sides of his jaw when he gets really simmering - like he's grinding his teetch in his mouth.

The nose seems too flat .:wink1:

Last edited:
Thanks Kato. I've remedied the nose with the final sculpt. I'll post pics later today. It was flat and and also the nostrils needed to be a shade larger.

Decided to use this hs for my own ETD premium format statue. Besides sculpting the body from scratch - will also try to tailor the suit and all accessories from scratch as well.

Not at the moment Spectramr2. This is just a personal project for now. Depends on how it turns out. If the final sculpture can be easily broken down into parts that each can be cast, then I can make duplicates for sale. But that's an extremely tricky process - at least for me.

BTW: it will be Bruce in the stealth suit (half on) - with the two half staffs. On some kind of base (not sure exactly what yet).

Back