custom 1/6th dr doom.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobamike

Super Freak
Reaction score
hey guys and gals,
I wanted to start a thread showing the wip of my custom doctor doom.
so far all I have is the marvel legends movie version head,that I have chromed and in the process of painting his eyes.
at this point I am thinking I will be just reworking the original figure to make him more screen accurate,also I have the marvel legends comic version that will get some rework love soon to.
so here are the first shots.

DOn't want to derail your thread but i have made one as a commission using the marvel icons and a marks armour.

IMG_2817.jpg

IMG_2792.jpg

DOn't want to derail your thread but i have made one as a commission using the marvel icons and a marks armour.

IMG_2817.jpg

IMG_2792.jpg

its cool,I actually like seeing other pics of doom,that way I will have some ideas.the doom you have there is the other one I have that will get some love soon,there was a guy a few years ago that customized the same one,but he made dooms throne out of styrofoam and it looked bada$$.and thats kinda where I am going with mine.at this point I want to make the movie version and be within hot toys standards and build the other doom up to look more like the comic look,but life like.

hey that sound cool man.
I also made the movie version btw.
haha

I might chormed the mask now that i saw yours

IMG_2534.jpg

IMG_2535.jpg

IMG_2536.jpg

IMG_2539.jpg

sweet! Im liking this! doom hasnt got much love lately.so I hope others post pics here.its about time the doctor got a thread rolling.
I think a hot toys doom would be off the chain! to bad they wont make him.

sweet! Im liking this! doom hasnt got much love lately.so I hope others post pics here.its about time the doctor got a thread rolling.
I think a hot toys doom would be off the chain! to bad they wont make him.

elvis, did you paint flesh around his eyes,or did you paint the sockets black and then painted the eyes over that? I cant tell if its the shadow or what? I like how his eyes look though.

I applied flesh tones around the eyes and then darken them a lot so that they look almost blakc and make him look more sinister.

Damn now that i saw your chorme one he's back on the workbench for some chrome!

I think i'm in the minority but i kinda like his look in the movie with the coat.

I applied flesh tones around the eyes and then darken them a lot so that they look almost blakc and make him look more sinister.

Damn now that i saw your chorme one he's back on the workbench for some chrome!

I think i'm in the minority but i kinda like his look in the movie with the coat.

lol! thats what I want to hear.I cant wait to see what you do with him.I too like the movie look.I would love to build him up as he looked in the fantastic 4 silver surfer flick,when he was on the surfers board.he looked bada$$ at that point.I have 7 of these heads,hmmmm I might just have to build up a total of three versions.

haha awesome.
Actually i found some good armoured boots tha tmight work.

You might check those old 12" final fantasy figure.
That's the boots i'm gonna use.

ok cool.
yeah! Im gonna make a third version to.the third one will definetly be when he had the surfers board,well I guess I need to find a 1/6 surfboard now.dude the more I think about it the more siked Im getting,just imagine the board will be chromed too.have a wire in his caped hood to pose him like he is flying.

Back