1/6 Wonder Woman Custom Headsculpt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
one of my favorites but it's partly this shot
TA sculpt ( so it won't be great from the side )
repainted by yelim choi
hair by somebody

View attachment 512579

this might be Raymond 's ?

I'm looking form a talented painter to do a custom head sculpt. Can you please PM me contact info for Yelim Choi?

I do like this 5 x better than the stock.
But yeah it I don't think I've ever seen a sculpt that really did justice to Gal for me till the Golden prototype either.
Even the Dabbs WW sculpt really needs the right painter. 357 is the best for that I've seen for it.
Do you send the body to 357 to get a color match?

Man good luck with this project.

It's finding the right people to get the job done. I used 357partment to paint the custom head but must have gotten one of their apprentices or drunk painters, since I've been told there's more than one painter at 357partment.

I didn't send the body as I sent the HS directly from Unreal to 357partment. They got the skin colour wrong.

What should I do now?

Last edited:
With Detolf Ledberg lights.

20210523_220937.jpg
20210523_220834.jpg

I'm looking form a talented painter to do a custom head sculpt. Can you please PM me contact info for Yelim Choi?

If you are still looking for a painter you might try Onesixthvisage on IG he does some of the best Catwoman paint jobs I have seen.

No offense, but even though the Hot Toys headsculpt isn't the strongest likeness, the fact that it has great paint application elevates it higher than all of the customs in here. Some of them look really bad.

That last one looks good, but good in isolation. Put it on the body and it will look like she self-tans from the chin down. Nothing is uniform.

I think you were done dirty with the hair job also on that sculpt. The person who did it can clearly apply hair, but have not styled it to look good very well. The ends of the hair look too wet and curly compared to the top, there's no luscious curls. If I were going to get a custom hair for Wonder Woman it'd have to be done well. I've bought a couple of customs and I know how much they cost, so for me to be paying that sort of money it just makes sense to go to something like JND Wonder Woman.

No offense, but even though the Hot Toys headsculpt isn't the strongest likeness, the fact that it has great paint application elevates it higher than all of the customs in here. Some of them look really bad.

That last one looks good, but good in isolation. Put it on the body and it will look like she self-tans from the chin down. Nothing is uniform.

I think you were done dirty with the hair job also on that sculpt. The person who did it can clearly apply hair, but have not styled it to look good very well. The ends of the hair look too wet and curly compared to the top, there's no luscious curls. If I were going to get a custom hair for Wonder Woman it'd have to be done well. I've bought a couple of customs and I know how much they cost, so for me to be paying that sort of money it just makes sense to go to something like JND Wonder Woman.

Yeah, one of the 357partment painters, as there's several, didn't achieve Gal's likeness. I might think about getting it repainted or just sell it. As for the hair, Tetsu was the one that haired it and most likely the product for setting the hair is wearing off. Also, there IS too many curls at the end of the hair, that's how Tetsu haired this one. Guess I'll have to be more persistent and correct their mistakes.

Who do you suggest can do a better job?

Anyways, I took some pics outside in the yard.

20210524_115247.jpg
20210524_120206.jpg
20210524_120121.jpg
20210524_120417.jpg
20210524_120512.jpg
20210524_120522.jpg
20210524_120548.jpg
20210524_120620.jpg
20210524_120632.jpg
20210524_121003.jpg
20210524_120922.jpg
20210524_120902.jpg

Last edited:
Don?t want to wait to see what the 2 new HT sculpts will look like? Both of those (reg ww84 and gold armor) sculpts IMO have a better likeness.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the Golden Armour one. I'm sure it'll cost as much as the entire figure on eBay though... :lol

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the Golden Armour one. I'm sure it'll cost as much as the entire figure on eBay though... :lol

Hot Toys better get the likeness right with the Golden Armour head sculpt cause their prototype is close to perfect. The rooted hair scares me though.

What're your thoughts of this painter? Anybody had any commissions done by him?

https://www.instagram.com/darrencarnall/

Darren is one of the old-timers, he's been around for ages and I've never heard a bad word about him.
I think he has quite a backlog though...

I’ve been waiting four years for sculpts I sent Darren, and he doesn’t reply to inquiries anymore. Seriously ***** that guy. If he spent half as much time on his idiotic blog videos as he does just doing the job he asks exorbitant amounts of money for, he’d get his stuff out faster.

Darren is one of the old-timers, he's been around for ages and I've never heard a bad word about him.
I think he has quite a backlog though...

I’ve been waiting four years for sculpts I sent Darren, and he doesn’t reply to inquiries anymore. Seriously ***** that guy. If he spent half as much time on his idiotic blog videos as he does just doing the job he asks exorbitant amounts of money for, he’d get his stuff out faster.

Well, there's always a first time, isn't there? :lol

Sorry for your bad experience man!

Back