Custom 1/6 'A New Hope' Han Solo *WIP*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this looks sweet and I did pre-order. What boots do people plan on using? There are a metric ton of jackboots out there. The ones Wake uses look like Toys City ones and seem a little big. I know the DID ones usually hug the calves better. Ideas?

What boots do people plan on using? There are a metric ton of jackboots out there. The ones Wake uses look like Toys City ones and seem a little big. I know the DID ones usually hug the calves better. Ideas?

I have DID Whittmann boots standing by, but nothing to compare them to, unfortunately.

You're right, the pecs and lats are a bit too much. I think the soldier story or ezio still have the ideal physique.

Would have been great if that neck and chest piece was sold separately and cast in flesh resin. Would solve many figure issues :)

1st sculpt revision:

NewPics01_zps9526cddf.jpg

NewPics02_zps6464796e.jpg

NewPics03_zps58960dd0.jpg

NewPics04_zps5b76fe63.jpg

NewPics05_zps49b3ce5d.jpg

NewPics06_zps4947a7fc.jpg

NewPics09_zpsf8fab32c.jpg

NewPics10_zpsdb678d90.jpg

honestly, hate to be a downer, amazing quality sculpt and paint as always, but I dont think that revision added anything at all to the likeness..

I think its more of the paint job...I see the shape and the likeness is there but the dark paint tones make it look different...i'll still pick him up tho

The revision was ONLY a paint revision i've been told. Denny will consider changes to the physical sculpt.

One thing I noticed are the eyes are very dark. I've increased the lightness and taken out some of the yellow and red, see what you think.

haneyes.jpg

I think the shape of the head should be more narrow. I think the overall size of the head is too large in proportion to the size of the eyes, nose and mouth, like the cheeks and jawline is too wide. I understand that's a major change and unlikely to occur, but I just wanted to pipe in.

But at least there's some clearly lit photos this time so, yay!

In my opinion I do think this revision is an improvement (nose and jaw looks slimmer), although his jawline is still too square and pronounced, if you reduce that It'll elongate the face. And something just seems off with the eyes, I think he should be looking straight forward, right at you, goading you on.

Also what I truly think is happening is that the sculpt is lacking personality, he's like an actor without spark. I'm missing Fords trademark crooked grin if you know what I mean, specially if your going for the scoundrel/smuggler look.

Back