Currently Working on....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2nd layer of pencils is gonna give it away.....:wink1: This is probably going to be a 5-layer drawing so you can see the progress. I hope you like it!

I don't have much time to work on this daily so it is going a bit slow. This 3rd and 4th layer of shadows and highlights is taking quite a bit of time. Apologies to those who are waiting to see the finished drawing. It might be surprising to some but I've actually never attended an art school, which is why my process and technique is weird to some. I have taken maybe 2 art classes in my life as I studied some animation, but I've always loved to draw since I was little and have been doing so for near 40 years. Please enjoy!

Lookin great man. Are you gnna keep it black and white? Maybe add red lips? Lol your motivating me to do my own drawing. Love the black n white pics with a little red

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Yoda! That's a good idea... sounds very Sin City like, haha. I was thinking about inking it afterwards but I won't be able to erase any mistakes so I'm a bit worried since I'm not really that good, but the red lips would look great on an inked drawing as well. I'll give it a try maybe. If anything, I might ink on another paper/layer and try to "trace" over this one, or maybe scan this one and ink it digitally, that way I can make corrections.

I'm glad you are motivated! Definitely go for it, it's fun to create art! :yess::hi5:

If I could offer any advice, it would be to just go for it with inks, right onto the original

I used to stop myself from doing this in the past for the reasons that you mentioned, fear of making a mistake, but then I thought to myself, if I make a mistake then I should be good enough to just draw it again, if I can't do that then I still have a lot to learn

It also builds confidence with your lines when you go straight to ink as you are extra cautious when drawing, so I found that I improved from doing it

GO FOR IT!!

If I could offer any advice, it would be to just go for it with inks, right onto the original

I used to stop myself from doing this in the past for the reasons that you mentioned, fear of making a mistake, but then I thought to myself, if I make a mistake then I should be good enough to just draw it again, if I can't do that then I still have a lot to learn

It also builds confidence with your lines when you go straight to ink as you are extra cautious when drawing, so I found that I improved from doing it

GO FOR IT!!

Thanks for the advice! I think I'm going to do it, once pencils are done. :hi5::yess:

Looking great. The shading in the hair on the bottom left especially. I wish I could draw more than just portraits. I wanna do some landscape but you're motivating me to do a portrait. Idk who yet lol

^^^ Thanks! I wish I could do landscapes and backgrounds better, I want to work on those as well to improve. I'm like the reverse of you, haha.

Hmmmm, which celebrity do you have an absolute crush on at the moment? Haha. I usually just decide at the spur of the moment depending on my interest at the time. Captain America: The First Avenger was on around the time I decided to start working on something and so I decided to give Hayley Atwell a go. I might do Rescue Cap after this. :yess:

Finished with 1 side of hair... :thud:

Haha! Probably Emilia Clarke from game of thrones lol! But that hair is looking mighty fine. Can't wait to see it finished. I usually go over my work with ink. Just always liked that look but your different shades with the pencil looks awesome. I would just leave it all pencil

Haha! Probably Emilia Clarke from game of thrones lol! But that hair is looking mighty fine. Can't wait to see it finished. I usually go over my work with ink. Just always liked that look but your different shades with the pencil looks awesome. I would just leave it all pencil

Many thanks! It is taking me a lot of time which makes me worry about doing an ink right over it and messing up, but I may try one. I may do a quick test first after scanning this digitally but we'll see I guess, the pencils may be sufficient.

And you should totally DO her!!! :yess: She's very beautiful and that's perfect inspiration right there. :wink1:

Yay, the other side is done! I might go around and fix some things up here and there since there seems to be too much contrast on the right side compared to her left. I'm debating whether I should blacken up the entire background or not. Will probably take a while to get all those individual strands in.... For some reason, I blinked and I saw Scarlett Johansson at one point... might have to fix up some small details around her face, haha.

Wow! I think she looks great! The left side does seem to have less darker lines or contrast, like you said. Really liked seeing the different stages. She looks amazing as is!

Softened up the hair on the right. Adding some more shading to the face to get the subtle shadows and dark spots. Might fix up and smooth out the shadowing on the neck now and call it done. Not sure if I should fill up that white background above the black or not, I don't know why, I feel somewhat bothered by it but it might be nothing. Cheers!

Back