Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am sure the lack of a code impacted their sales, notably on a valuable market, return customers. That $20 coupon almost always got me to buy something else. So I wonder, their sales and their customer retention must have dropped enough that figures showed it, prompting the code return. Eating $20 on their end and getting a $200 sale frequently is better than no $220 sale.

The time of absence for them was around two sales quarters, right? That's enough time to develop some comparative data and reach a conclusion.
I just can't believe $20 makes or breaks a purchase for some people.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I wouldn't have thought so, until I saw how some of these people act. A discount is always nice but if I really want something, I'll buy it regardless of whether or not I can get free shipping or whatever.

$20 on 1/6 figures basically means free shipping, couple that with rewards points and no taxes (if you don't live in CA) and it's generally the best deal out there. So I don't think it's a matter of whether or not they buy something, but whether or not they buy it directly from SS. Although, the no tax thing may come to an end soon and shipping will probably move past $20, so they'll have to up the amount for it to stay relevant.

I used the codes all the time but i have not missed them at all. If i want something i'll buy it and $20 off a $250 plus figure is almost not even noticeable. If it was 10% or 20% off that would be awesome.

A lot of people would buy their Hot Toys and lower priced items at BBTS, Timewalker, etc. due to their cheaper shipping. The $20 codes help bring Sideshow back in line with the pricing on the other sites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of people would buy their Hot Toys and lower priced items at BBTS, Timewalker, etc. due to their cheaper shipping. The $20 codes help bring Sideshow back in line with the pricing on the other sites.

Pretty much exactly that. The coupons cover their ridiculous shipping and make the reward points worth something again. Only problem is I don’t really have anything on order with them anymore since they stopped the coupons. Probably won’t be getting a coupon for a while.

I used the codes all the time but i have not missed them at all. If i want something i'll buy it and $20 off a $250 plus figure is almost not even noticeable. If it was 10% or 20% off that would be awesome.

Ummm 10% off $250 is $25...

Pretty much exactly that. The coupons cover their ridiculous shipping and make the reward points worth something again. Only problem is I don’t really have anything on order with them anymore since they stopped the coupons. Probably won’t be getting a coupon for a while.

I been ordering from Alter Egos, until they bring back the codes and or adjust their ridiculous shipping they lost a customer

Back