Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow needs to get over it. People enjoy the codes to keep them tapped in. Whether they share them or give them away is not their business. It's nice to see some of us share them and I don't think anyone on here is begging for a code but it really helps people with the shipping costs. They have really started not to appreciate the collectors out there. Just Sayin. :lecture

Like I said. Maybe sideshow made a mistake with the codes because some entitled people are acting like Sideshow owes them the codes.

Like I said. Maybe sideshow made a mistake with the codes because some entitled people are acting like Sideshow owes them the codes.

Nobody feels entitled. Since when is a hobby a sense of entitlement? Nobody is dying for codes and there are plenty of other places to order from other than Sideshow.

Sideshow needs to get over it. People enjoy the codes to keep them tapped in. Whether they share them or give them away is not their business. It's nice to see some of us share them and I don't think anyone on here is begging for a code but it really helps people with the shipping costs. They have really started not to appreciate the collectors out there. Just Sayin. :lecture

Pretty sure it's 100% their business when people are being asses to their employees over $20. They did not care until then. Not to defend them but they do a lot of extra stuff, shows, giveaways, contests, share collections, etc that they do not have to do. I have got a couple free figures from just the points they have given away over the years. They could be more like HT, just sell stuff and ignore the customer but they do interact with us in almost every way they can.

Collecting direct from Sideshow was so much easier during that period where we could get 10% codes right from their website.

Now theses $20 codes are great and all, but they're a fraction of what you could get previously if you collect statues.

But if you only collect figures then $20 is more than sufficient, especially if you're based locally but not so much if you're outside the US.

I agree that sideshow is probably having regrets with a lot of there rewards practices. The weekly chats have turned into a reward point begging session (although the last couple of weeks its gotten better since they quit giving them out). I'm as guilty as the next person for wanting them and the monthly codes. The $20 codes on the boxes are a bit more of a paradox to me. I mostly use them for preorders I want. Used in this way I figure its a win for me and sideshow. I in essence get free shipping and sideshow gets the benefit of a sale at a certain price point, a better idea of demand on the figure, taking less warehouse space among numerous other business advantages. I could wait and probably get free shipping and maybe a better price but I want the figure. Thats part of the trade off. So whats the harm with sideshow allowing this since we are both sacrificing something with the purchase. Since you can only use one a month anyway maybe they should look into just allowing everyone one $20 coupon used on preorders per month and do away with the drama from adding coupons on shipping boxes ( although part of me thinks they like the discussion brought about by the codes for marketing purposes even though they would never admit to it).

This is just my opinion and realize not everyone will agree.

The only time I ever order from Sideshow anymore is exclusives and typically I try to wait for when I have a code. The code barely covers the shipping. Without the code, its better off ordering somewhere else sadly.

When you jack up the prices as much as Sideshow has in the past several years, you better believe they owe their customers codes.

How it is we've gotten from $60 for Leia Boussh ten years ago to similarly detailed/accessoried Dengar at $240 I have no idea. Prices for everything have certainly gone up in a decade, but if you think it's even close to a multiple of four for something fairly similar you need your head examined.

And yes, I buy from SSC a fair amount (six figs in 2017:slap,) and my assumption has been that they factor in the $30 (or whatever amount) code into the original price, so if you pay that full $240 for Dengar, you're overpaying.

One of our great goverment officials said that nobody is owed anything not water, food or shelter so i'm pretty sure SS doesn't owe us a code. A big part of all the price increase is due to all the changes going on oversees. Better working conditions for employees, better pay, newer cleaner factories that are better for the environment, etc. Some businesses (not 1/6) have been moving their production facilities back to the states just because of the increased costs.

I have a $25 OFF of select Marvel items code if anyone wants. Not sure if the code is locked to a particular account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back