Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC: List of Spook codes in 1st post

I don't get the new system with the $20 codes. Why not just keep it to a monthly thing like it was? Or at least have some type of balance and consistency.

Someone can get lucky like Nexus and get 3 codes in a month meanwhile I got 4 (or 5?) items the last 2 months and only got one code, so I didn't get one for September. My buddy got 2 items this month and didn't get a code at all. He called in and told them the situation and they were more than happy to give him one, but I think the old system was more even and easy. They should go back to that and add a way to reward people who shop more with extra codes. Like a blanket monthly code for everyone and then a bonus code(s) if you reach a certain amount of items or dollar amount per month.

What's everyone's opinion on Han? I could pull him for $199 shipped. I've never thought the sculpt is as bad as people make it out to be, but it does seem soft. Almost reminiscent of Star Lord.

I pulled the trigger this spook on Han with the 30 code. He is fantastic and the sculpt is better than expected. It really depends on the angle but it looks fantastic. I used a 25 code on Chewbacca after I knew Han was a keeper. I feel like you can't own one without the other! But that's just me. I got both figures 55 off total between the two and free shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was there a particular place to check contest winners?

I don't get the new system with the $20 codes. Why not just keep it to a monthly thing like it was? Or at least have some type of balance and consistency.

Someone can get lucky like Nexus and get 3 codes in a month meanwhile I got 4 (or 5?) items the last 2 months and only got one code, so I didn't get one for September. My buddy got 2 items this month and didn't get a code at all. He called in and told them the situation and they were more than happy to give him one, but I think the old system was more even and easy. They should go back to that and add a way to reward people who shop more with extra codes. Like a blanket monthly code for everyone and then a bonus code(s) if you reach a certain amount of items or dollar amount per month.

I assume it's a way to limit how many people get and use codes... but why it's not included with every purchase is a head scratcher. I wish they'd go back to the monthly codes, but it's been a long time since that happened.

What's everyone's opinion on Han? I could pull him for $199 shipped. I've never thought the sculpt is as bad as people make it out to be, but it does seem soft. Almost reminiscent of Star Lord.

I bought the 2-pack with chewie awhile back , I think he looks great...

The likeness issues of Harrison Ford are valid mostly, but I still never feel he doesn't look like Han all the same

Sitting on the couch and don't know what to do with myself now Spook is over! Keep checking my phone for no reason! Finally got used to waking up every hour too! Never mind! Thank you to Pixel and everybody else that contributed! Got all but a $5 code! Did much better than last year! And thank you to SSC for running the event!

I think the HT Han is great... the sculpt is a bit off, but overall the figure is incredible and it's easily the best licensed 1/6 Han ever made.

Thanks. I really do feel some angles look great.
I think it looks as much like David Duchovny as it does Harrison Ford, but if you want it, get it. It's your money. Your opinion is the only one that really matters.
I try to be an informed buyer and get as many opinions as possible to see how I best spend my money. I can't judge something without seeing it in person, and what better way to attempt to do that then ask around?

I pulled the trigger this spook on Han with the 30 code. He is fantastic and the sculpt is better than expected. It really depends on the angle but it looks fantastic. I used a 25 code on Chewbacca after I knew Han was a keeper. I feel like you can't own one without the other! But that's just me. I got both figures 55 off total between the two and free shipping.

This is actually what I was thinking of doing, except in reverse. I used my $30 on Chewie. Thanks for the input.

I bought the 2-pack with chewie awhile back , I think he looks great...

The likeness issues of Harrison Ford are valid mostly, but I still never feel he doesn't look like Han all the same

Thanks for your input. I'm surprised by all of the positive response, it seems like the Han thread has reamed this figure out thoroughly, you know?

Well when paying 200$ or more for these figures the criticism I don't think is undeserved as you want the best possible outcome for a likeness of your favorite characters and actors.

But at the same time the models have come along way over the years and they look amazing a lot of the time ... and people love to hate what they love ^_^

If you search for YouTube video reviews from more trusted reviewers then you can get a informative view on the figures and see it from all different poses and angles and come to your own conclusions.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

It often just comes down to how critical you are of things. Everyone's a bit different :)

To the Legendary Rebel: PIXELPIPER
starwars.jpg

A BIG Thank You to Pixel and company for the email list! I was able to get every code except the early $4 one. Spook last year was a little more eventful, but still gotta give a shout out to Sideshow for all the fun they helped all of us have! I do wish they would annouce the winners already! And last but not least, thank you to everybody who posted in this thread during Spook! You guys were all fantastic!

What' s the First Rule about Fight Cluuuuub?!

Doesn't anyone read the messages?!

Thanks Pixel and Friends for youknowwhat. Another successful year, even though I have to admit that 2 years ago I spent 2,000 bucks on promotions, last year 900 bucks, and this year barely 200 bucks... discount codes aren't what they used to be...

Pixel's Dream Lived On To Help The Geeks

Through Other Vigilant, Sleepless Freaks

Balloons & Popcorn, a Butt-Hurt Kook

And Lots Of Codes Made A Real Good SPOOK

To Those Who Snagged Codes By Hook Or Crook...

A Million Thanks From The Baba-Dook-Dook-Dook!!!

tumblr_inline_nnr7ohNBUA1r4j8j1_500.gif

Beautiful. Just... beautiful.

Now, I wonder who the "Butt-Hurt Kook" was :lol Way to sock it to him. :rotfl

Good lord, I hope he isn't still among us wearing his other sock. :wink1:

If it is, it must be a sock worthy of a king. Or a lord of kings. Either one works. :)

Here's a fall $20 off code I can't use - SSFALL1611XC3PKO

enjoy

Back