Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC: The Wait for a February Code

Is the higher shipping on SSC only for in stock items? I noticed on some in stock items, I have a $17.84 shipping quote, but on a lot of pre-orders, is still says the $10 flat rate from before. Just wanted to know because if that's the case, I might try to get some pre-orders in before they are in stock to save a little on the shipping costs.

Current discount codes at SSC: The Wait for a February Code

Is the higher shipping on SSC only for in stock items? I noticed on some in stock items, I have a $17.84 shipping quote, but on a lot of pre-orders, is still says the $10 flat rate from before. Just wanted to know because if that's the case, I might try to get some pre-orders in before they are in stock to save a little on the shipping costs.

I'm not sure, but maybe there's a price threshold for the flat rate shipping now. My Spacetrooper was $17 to ship, but Darth Vader was $10 flat. Maybe $300 is where they decide they can afford to throw us a bone?

Wish there was a code, itching to purchase something.

I'm not sure, but maybe there s a price threshold for the flat rate shipping now. My Spacetrooper was $17 to ship, but Darth Vader was $10 flat. Maybe $300 is where they decide they can afford to throw us a bone?
I noticed that too with Kyle Ren being $17 for me as well, but Scarlet Witch is more than him in retail and she's still showing the flat $10, but they are both still a pre-order on SSC despite being released recently so it's confusing.

I noticed that too with Kyle Ren being $17 for me as well, but Scarlet Witch is more than him in retail and she's still showing the flat $10, but they are both still a pre-order on SSC despite being released recently so it's confusing.

Some are $10 and some aren't. That's all it seems to come down to. Most of the newer SW on pre-order no longer have the $10 flat-rate (Leia, TFA figures, Boba). I think the two Luke figures were maybe the last ones to have it as far as SW goes.

It seems like bull**** to me, but when I asked about the flat-rate "shipping deals" recently, Sideshow's customer service told me that Hot Toys sets their shipping rates.

Thank you for your e-mail.

Please know that the $30.00 flat rate shipping to Canada is our rate given to us by Hot Toys. If you would like further information as to why the rate is the way it is, I would recommend contacting Hot Toys directly. Their customer service e-mail address is [email protected].

If I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me directly.

Best Regards,

Agali Robles
Customer Support Representative
Sideshow Collectibles
(805)214-2108

It seems like bull**** to me, but when I asked about the flat-rate "shipping deals" recently, Sideshow's customer service told me that Hot Toys sets their shipping rates.

How would hot toys set the shipping price? That doesn't make sense

When i bought Kylo Ren it was quoted as $17 shipping but when it shipped it was only $11. So i have no idea how it works.

Maybe they don't "set the price" but they simply "yay" or "nay" which figures get discounted shipping - the whole thing predicated on pricing breaks/discounts to Sideshow from HT.

None of that's important though. The only thing that matters is.. Do you want all figures to have $15+ shipping or would you prefer to have some figures with a flat rate of $10?

My issue, and the reason I contacted Sideshow about the flat-rate shipping prices, is that the flat-rate is actually higher than what I would normally pay.

My issue, and the reason I contacted Sideshow about the flat-rate shipping prices, is that the flat-rate is actually higher than what I would normally pay.

I'm not sure what the point is. Sideshow posts their prices before the items ship so they're generally visible at the time of ordering - except for some pre-orders that have "calculated shipping." Big Bad Toy Store has great shipping prices, give them some of your business.

Current discount codes at SSC: The Wait for a February Code

BBTS began to charge sales tax for me now, I live in Florida USA. Sucks lol,but shipping is still cheaper ex, SSC MK2 PF SSC wanted $50 shipping BBTS was $26.

BBTS began to charge sales tax for me now, I live in Florida USA. Sucks lol,but shipping is still cheaper ex, SSC MK2 PF SSC wanted $50 shipping BBTS was $26.

Paying some taxes isn't all bad. I mean look to Detroit and Afghanistan for the alternative. :)

I'm not sure what the point is.

I was just curious as to why the "shipping deal" (the term used on the product page) is higher than the usual rate. It's a simple question. I didn't see the harm in asking...

I was just curious as to why the "shipping deal" (the term used on the product page) is higher than the usual rate. It's a simple question. I didn't see the harm in asking...

No harm, but what do you mean "usual rate?" Sideshow doesn't have a "usual" rate - they have calculated shipping which can vary from product to product with little rhyme or reason, fixed $10 Hot Toys and other 1/6 shipping and of course FREE shipping on some items.

No harm, but what do you mean "usual rate?"

My usual rate for 1/6 figures. It's never that high for me, but I understand that it varies by product and shipping distance.

Your usual rate? Do you run a store and offer shipping services?

:slap

So are you talking about a rate you pay when you ship figures or rates that you're charged by Sideshow or someone else? I don't recall Sideshow shipping any 1/6 figure out for less than $10 no matter the destination (excluding "free" shipping offers).

Back