Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC January hath forsaken us

ELECTRO gets 30% off HT Electro at SS. Just got a text msg. I'm not sure I'd get this if it was free.

It was on sale at a store for $90 I think :lol This guy is not moving at all it seems....

It's sad how HT makes the villains no one likes (Electro and Mandarin which are both good figures but no one buys the figures because they hated the characters in the movies) then they don't make characters like Nebula and Ronin. (but they make Thanos go figure)

I know it wouldn't have sold AT ALL but that Rhino figure was a sight to behold. I'm kind of sad that it never saw the light of day. Not that I would have bought one.

Honestly I probably would pick up Electro if it was cheap enough. I think it'd be a good fit in a Marvel villain shelf but even at thirty percent off its too high. Same goes for The Mandarin which is a figure I've almost picked up multiple times but haven't yet. I'm honestly surprised that one hasn't sold out yet due to being out for a while and the discounts it's received.

It was on sale at a store for $90 I think :lol This guy is not moving at all it seems....

What store? For 90 bucks I'd bite. 90 bucks is nothing for a cool hot toy. I liked the movie okay but it's low on my priority for figures.

It's sad how HT makes the villains no one likes (Electro and Mandarin which are both good figures but no one buys the figures because they hated the characters in the movies) then they don't make characters like Nebula and Ronin. (but they make Thanos go figure)

I know it wouldn't have sold AT ALL but that Rhino figure was a sight to behold. I'm kind of sad that it never saw the light of day. Not that I would have bought one.

The saddest thing for me is that sales disappointments like Electro might be making Hot Toys skittish about producing villains in general. Maybe Electro is a contributing factor to why we don't seem to be getting Yellowjacket.

I did my part--I bought the Mandarin. Sure, he's just an English actor who likes beer and soccer and hot babes, but I like him up there on my villains shelf fooling all the other bad guys.

I bet SS's sales for this month must've sucked to high heaven cause of no discount code. I got a text 30% sale for HT electro but that's all for this month. :(

Yeah, if SONY was still moving forward with the ASM universe the figure coulda made some money. Since they're not, and Disney/Marvel has brought Spider-Man into the MCU I think HT dodged a bullet by cancelling it. Right now both those ASM Spideys and Electro are in an odd place for collectors. The franchise is dead so its an incredibly underwhelming line. Same goes for the Raimi figures. I just can't see anyone going out of their way to buy those, specially with their less-than-perfect HT sculpts for Tobey and Franco.

I agree with you regarding the lack of villains though. The Disney/Marvel franchise is running strong so all those villains should be made into figures.

-Abomination (sure the Hulk's looked changed after TIH to match Ruffalo but how great would it be to have a 1/6 Abom fighting either of the Avengers Hulks? Abom is actually slightly larger)
-The Destroyer (yeah, it'd be huge, probably bigger than Hulkbuster but it would definitely sell)
-Killian (shirtless and breathing fire with light up eyes sculpt also)
-Malekith (unmemorable as the film he was in but it gives TDW Thor someone to fight)
-Ronan (visually awesome and Lee Pace is 6'5" so the figure would look great battling the Guardians)
-Nebula (perfect match for Gamora, honestly don't understand why they skipped her)

As for non-Marvel villains that HT would do well with

-Batman Returns Catwoman (it would sell out quick)
-Batman Returns Penguin (would also do great)
-Batman Begins Ra's Al Ghul (ridiculous that they haven't made him)
-MOS Faora (the cult fav of the film)

And don't even get me started on the X-Men Franchise. Sooooo many great villains (and heroes) they foolishly haven't pursued. Really hoping X-Men Apocalypse ends the X-Men drought and they give us all four Horsemen plus En Sabah Nur himself along with Charles and the X-Men.

The saddest thing for me is that sales disappointments like Electro might be making Hot Toys skittish about producing villains in general.

Figures from bad movies and those released as part of an incompletel line will sell poorly whether they're villains or not. With ASM2 you have a perfect storm (damn, it must have been hard to make a movie that sucked even worse than the first one). HT have been at the game long enough that they know when absolutely not to make a figure, but to the shock and surprise of collectors, they'll still release a couple of passion projects "just because" - Tonto, Mandarin, Electro. I'm sure no one at HT thought any of those would sell well.

I don't think The Mandarin was that surprising of a release. It's an MCU villain from an Iron Man film. I think it's easier to perceive it as an odd choice in hindsight given the role of the character in the film but I think the release made sense.

Electro was an oddity to make. I can see why they made Spider-Man as it was going to sell despite the film because of the traditional looking suit. Electro seems like they took a chance on for whatever reason.

I don't think The Mandarin was that surprising of a release. It's an MCU villain from an Iron Man film. I think it's easier to perceive it as an odd choice in hindsight given the role of the character in the film but I think the release made sense.

Electro was an oddity to make. I can see why they made Spider-Man as it was going to sell despite the film because of the traditional looking suit. Electro seems like they took a chance on for whatever reason.

HT might not have known he was a fake villain, not sure how much info they're given about a movie beyond art and photos.

Might be the same reason they didn't make Faora, probably had no idea she'd be a favorite. I liked her more than Zod.

I really wish they'd give the first Thor movie a 2.0 line. Make Loki and the Destroyer finally, and update Thor and Odin. Heimdall would be fantastic as well.

Has anyone seen the Marvel One shot with Mandarin in prison? Don't be surprised if MCU continues his character development.

Has anyone seen the Marvel One shot with Mandarin in prison? Don't be surprised if MCU continues his character development.

I'd love to see them all back for Infinity War. It would be perfect if Red Skull shows back up as a right hand man of Thanos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I've been hoping for Red Skull for a while. If he returns I doubt it'll be Hugo Weaving. He said he didn't enjoy doing it much, though he "supposes" they could make him reprise the role due to his contract.

I'd rather he didn't if he doesn't enjoy it. Get Christolph Waltz and call it good.

Yeah, I've been hoping for Red Skull for a while. If he returns I doubt it'll be Hugo Weaving. He said he didn't enjoy doing it much, though he "supposes" they could make him reprise the role due to his contract.

I'd rather he didn't if he doesn't enjoy it. Get Christolph Waltz and call it good.

Did he say why he didn't enjoy it? The make-up maybe?

Did he say why he didn't enjoy it? The make-up maybe?

Yea he was not a fan of the whole thing. If you google it quite a few articles will pop up. Unfortunately for him Marvel can force him to do more films.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd love to see them all back for Infinity War. It would be perfect if Red Skull shows back up as a right hand man of Thanos. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know what you mean. However, it would be best to tease Mandarin in the Dr. Strange movie. Then, show the transformation into the true Mandarin in Dr. Strange 2.

Re: Current discount codes at SSC: The Wait for a February Code

Bumped into this code from TonTon SDE-SHW15-IIN48HHU for $25, works on a few figures, but not AOU Thor or any of the Force Awakens...... :gah:

Back