Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings SP00KY15 $20 code

Getting a little hostile in here. Imma boogie out.

can-t-dance-walk-o.gif

It was hostile towards SSC last night, now it's towards Popcultcha :lol

What does Popcultcha have To do with Spooktacular? :huh

Stick to thread topic or start another thread.

Yesh, just caught up on all of this. Looks like the new trend around here is causing trouble every spook. lol Now we have PriceGate. lol

They do not guarantee the accuracy of their prices per their terms.

Liability
Popcultcha makes every effort to ensure that the material on this website is free from error, however we do not guarantee the accuracy and completeness of the information on our website, including pictures, descriptions and prices. Occasionally Popcultcha use prototype images. Popcultcha will not be held responsible if actually product varies from the released prototype image.

Then they shouldn't be in business. If I walked into Target and saw a figure that was marked at $20, and an employee walked up and told me that when I went to pay, the price could be radically different, then that's bad business practices, plain and simple. In this case, the comparison would be that I already pay, and Target forces me to return it. Not good business practices for the customer. Great for Target, not the customer. That's what these arguments are coming down to.

This started out pretty fun but the bickering has made the thread sour. I hope everyone can laugh at this at some point. It was really fun for a bit. If cancelled, it would be no surprise. I have not seen that much excitement on the website in a LONG time. Reminds me of old spooktaculars

Well I didn't think it was a glitch when I ordered. I thought it was the sale they are running. They have my money and should honor it. If they don't, I won't order from them again.

Matty had a BTTF day sale with huge discounts including 50% off on some items this month. Why should we assume a site we've never heard of before is having a "glitch" just because they also have some big price discounts for a brief sale? There was no consensus in this thread that there was a "glitch" going on.

:mwaha These people would be sharpening pitchforks if it was the other way around.

They probably would be.

I accepted the sale on my end due to the price they asked for. If they had asked for twice the amount, I wouldn't have paid it.

Just as PC didn't know what they were doing... you wouldn't have know you were paying double just as they didn't know they were giving a double 20%.

Do you think they will just auto cancel (if they do) or give you an option?

Sorry bro. My bad. We get pennies for sure but like you said, no redemption.

Personally, I don't think they should be "required" to honor the prices. However, assuming the "glitch" prices were not below their cost, I think they would be wise to honor them. I have no doubt they will have gained some new customers, and canceling these orders will undo any gains made in that area.

So, you would be okay if the company charged you twice the amount as well? Since you don't want to give money back for there error, they should not have to give money back to you for there own error.

If the price showed in the cart was twice the price and he paid it, then, no, the customer shouldn't get a correction. He paid the price he saw. If PC accidentally charged the card less than the price that was shown, they'd have the right to recharge the card for the difference. But this was the price shown to the customer. That's what has to be honored.

Then they shouldn't be in business. If I walked into Target and saw a figure that was marked at $20, and an employee walked up and told me that when I went to pay, the price could be radically different, then that's bad business practices, plain and simple. In this case, the comparison would be that I already pay, and Target forces me to return it. Not good business practices for the customer. Great for Target, not the customer. That's what these arguments are coming down to.
The fact is you can get away with a lot more when you're online. In a store you don't want to have an angry customer that makes a big deal in front of everyone.

Okay if a glitch causes an invoice to be charged twice, that's stealing.

What we're agreeing to is the amount shown in the invoice, not more, not less.

Back