Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings SP00KY15 $20 code

You know that Gamora was $290 not long ago, then it became $320 lol You will notice PC are good at jacking prices and then having a sale lol

I looked at the site but never really saw the kind of deals people were talking about. I didn't bother ordering just in case it was a glitch. Was it?

yeah, it was a glitch.

I know I sat there for an hour putting items in the cart and removing, then finally place an order. Everyone look at your Order conformation and post the time stamp to see who got the orders in first :)

My order time stamp
Placed on 31 October 2015 6:54:51 AM EST

Whoever got there order in first is now the first one to get cancelled.

not that simple, because they use paypal for all US transactions they can't just charge more to your paypal account... so they would either have to honor it or cancel it...

It is that simple. I use paypal for business transactions and you can batch adjust invoices with the full business software.

We are leasing with 3rd parties to have this investigated and rectified. Thanks for your patience."

How about save the money on leasing with the 3rd parties and just give us the discount? Now they're just digging a deeper hole.

Spook does go through tomorrow.
dfc2e5ca1f60c3a5a8c6d9d1558bda46.jpg

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
As thought all along, but some people think ending at midnight was what they meant lol

All online retailers have the right to cancel orders and refund any payments taken.

Correct, and I have never believed that to be an acceptable business practice.

I'm not sweating if I get the the one order cancelled that was 40%. That was a nice find but not something I was screaming for with the bat signal and speederbike. I made hay this morning when I got a bunch of OT Stormtroopers for 20% off. (at the correct sale price)

So you go from valiantly defending the sale price for hours to not caring at all?

:lol

As thought all along, but some people think ending at midnight was what they meant lol

In all fairness, Sideshow's own calendar didn't include Saturday.

Well the calendar says tonight and they did say 5 days.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

So you go from valiantly defending the sale price for hours to not caring at all?

:lol

No I think that it absolutely should stick and I am confident they will honor the "correct" discount no matter what. Whether the 40% will come through remains to be seen.

The problem is now you have 1,000 people e-mailing and bitching about this making it a spectacle because they didn't get in on the 40%.

Like I told you earlier, the less friction the better best case is to not draw attention to something like that. When
Joe public gets wind they missed out on a deal, that's when it goes to crap.

Ermmm... NO! You were well aware of a 'glitch'.

Glitch or not, I paid the advertised price. I didn't go hacking thier site for a hidden exploit. I didn't find a "loophole." I paid what they were asking at the time.

Well... lets say you were running a business and your cash register screwed up. Instead of spending $500 from you, I ended up spending $300 and saved myself $200 and walked away.

You would be okay with that?

Then you should start your own business sometime and lead by example, maybe everyone will see the err of their ways when you start trending.

People shouldn't complain when merchants cancel orders because of glitches within a day or two.

If it was a B&M store with a labeled price or an advertised price the law would force them to honor the price, at least in some states I think. Why shouldn't the same principle apply to online stores? It's not our fault that they screw up their computer programming any more than if a B&M store screws up their ad or price tags.

Glitch or not, I paid the advertised price. I didn't go hacking thier site for a hidden exploit. I didn't find a "loophole." I paid what they were asking at the time.

Think what you like. The fact that they can cancel orders is to protect them from this very situation and people like you trying to exploit it.

Back