Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings

Maybe they already redid their plans and that's why they have the surplus? How many HT figures in the last year have sold completely out relatively quickly or at all, that weren't limited release/toy fair type stuff? Doesn't seem like that much.

From a business standpoint, if HT only makes so many of a figure and it sells out quickly, aren't they losing money by not making more? Is it better to sell out quickly and be done, or to make more/sell more of it and have it in stock for a long time.

The interesting thing will be how many people hold back now and don't PO stuff because of the recent sales.
The thing is though not everything is going on sale. People keep acting like this is the case when it really isn't. Most of the items that have gone on sale are seemingly slow movers that Sideshow realizes won't sell at regular price but if they heavily discount certain items some people who were previously on the fence or not planning on a purchase may bite. There have been some exceptions but a lot of the stuff just seems like items they're sitting on and want to clear out.

Also , I wonder if there isn't going to be a November coupon. It seems sort of late in the month but I know last month's was later too. Although that was probably due to being a tie in with Spooktacular.

most of the items being heavily discounted are Ht, not many Sideshow stuff except for some star wars figures prob, only stuff i wished i could have waited to take advantage of the discounts were Sauron ( gift card, double rewards), mary Jane and gwen

With so much surplus of stock does anyone think that Sideshow or Hot Toys will revamp their production plans next year?
Sideshow already seems to be making changes, as we've had multiple statues canceled following teases recently (ASM 2 Spidey and Starlord PF for example). Thing about Hot Toys is, it seems like they could use pre-orders as a gauge of how successful a release will be, and that this would be down to a science by now. Usually we have to wait 6 months or so (sometimes more, infrequently less) for a figure to actually come out following pre-orders. But they clearly overestimated demand on some of these releases.

They might cut back on the quantity they ship to the US. On the other hand, maybe we'll get fewer characters like Tonto, Jake Sully, Noland, etc. and get some characters that people actually want (my apologies to people that did want those figures.) In my mind, they would also be more likely to sell characters if they released more than a single figure for each movie. I bet more people would have bought Tonto if they had a Lone Ranger to display him with.

I think it's too difficult to judge what figure will sell well and which won't. I mean who know they would be discounting MOS Superman as much as Tonto? There is no guarantee. They just figure out if the risk is worth it to see if the figure will sell, like taking a risk with Marty McFly.
In most cases, it's pretty obvious to me which ones are not going to sell at the time they are announced. Tonto, Fatburn, Trevor (at least once we knew what he was all about)--not hard to predict that Ichabod will be in that same boat. But yeah, some like MOS Superman and maybe Banner are a little more difficult to gauge, without having pre-order data of course, and without knowing HT's production numbers. If only 500 of Banner were made then I'm sure he would be going for crazy prices on the secondary market. But if you produce 5,000+ of him, you might have trouble offloading old stock.

Hoping the Prototype Fett goes on sale here soon as I need it for a custom job. Maybe he'll get discounted for the Holidays, he's been around for a while now.

20% off with code BOBA4U

When do you think we might get a new monthly code?

My guess is that we'll get one with the Amazing Spider-Man 2 figures. Really though, only SS knows.

I didn't get one with my Spidey.:(

Do they only stuff them in with people who pay for a pack out?

Crazy that Bank Robber Joker 2.0 has free shipping and $27 back, now! Should I get this now or wait until Black Friday?

wait. This will not sell out till black friday.

No kidding, the DX11 took a while to sell out, and Bank Robber will be around for much longer :lol.

Got another 10% off discount for Sideshow Premium Format Gladiator Hulk.

Promo Code EXPIRATION

UPS10OFFLK7AMV* 10% Dec 01, 2014
UPS10OFFW2T1PV* 10% Nov 30, 2014
UPS10OFF1KQZGF* 10% Nov 30, 2014

Enjoy!!! :)

I meant with the current discounts. I'm sure it won't sell out soon. I'll probably wait and try my luck during black Friday or next years spook.

Back