Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings

Well, high post counts can mean that a member has lasted long enough to get along with other people without being banned (number of years will also attest to that).

Somehow the people negating the post seem to be approaching the statement in terms of quality of contribution. I don't think Yankee or myself said anything about that. I have a lot of posts, but I've also been here 8 years soon to be 9... but I'm certain my posts have nothing to do with quality. :lol

The point was -- the irony that the people with the least contribution/investment in the thread/forum (for better or for worse) also seem to be the ones complaining the most about too many posts getting in their way or siding with the idea that they can't be bothered with silly posts or jokes or the banter many of us were having here.

I've seen that spiel a number of times already in different threads :lol.

Yeah, Christmas Yoda. ("Holliday" if you want to spit on Christmas)

100087_press02-001.jpg

That guy rocks so much.

I really hope that the codes come back, but I'd think SSC would rather not deal with the whining anymore. And it's so appalling that their customer service people were being cursed out, too. It's things like that which make me ashamed to call myself a collector.

It really has nothing to do with being a collector. It's the human race in general.

Somehow the people negating the post seem to be approaching the statement in terms of quality of contribution. I don't think Yankee or myself said anything about that. I have a lot of posts, but I've also been here 8 years soon to be 9... but I'm certain my posts have nothing to do with quality. :lol

The point was -- the irony that the people with the least contribution/investment in the thread/forum (for better or for worse) also seem to be the ones complaining the most about too many posts getting in their way or siding with the idea that they can't be bothered with silly posts or jokes or the banter many of us were having here.

Ah, I gotcha. Well, I enjoyed the banter and didn't really take offense to the joke codes. I did fall for two of them but didn't think too much of it. The only time I was annoyed with them was after they filled about ten pages. Still, I got over it. I enjoyed the event and really hope the situation doesn't ruin it in the future.

filled about ten pages

Change your page length in the forum settings to 40 posts per page (the maximum) and the forum will be a much more enjoyable visit all around. The only drawback is when people make the mistake of referring to page numbers (they're completely variable) and when someone posts a page-targeting link (no one should do this).

What the HELL Sideshow!?!?!?! I buy HT Crow during your Spooktacular special then you offer an $80 off coupon code today?!?!?!? WTF!!!!!!????

What the HELL Sideshow!?!?!?! I buy HT Crow during your Spooktacular special then you offer an $80 off coupon code today?!?!?!? WTF!!!!!!????

That coupon code (crow30) is only good for the exclusive and it's sold out, so the coupon can't actually be used… ;)

Besides it looks like the same deal as during spook. The $80 refers to the price before any discounts. Which is the same as the approximately $60 spook discount plus the $20 it's already marked down.

We get a November $20 code yet?

I am guessing it will go out in a card with all the "spook" figures....

It's sad that people are upset and arguing over a thread that didn't have to be here. Just as Sideshow didn't have to give away merchandise or RPs (free money), nobody was forced to make & contribute to this thread, helping people have some good fun with savings for our hobby. No one PAID to access this thread, entitling you to certain terms, conditions and accountabilities. No one PAID everyone who contributed THEIR TIME to make sure people were aware of information that was FREE and just as accessible to you. If your job hindered you from hunting down codes, etcetera, you should have nothing but gratitude ( for $5 here and there...sheesh!?) for this thread even being here.
When you come into a thread, you should think of it as something like this:
A bunch a of friends, at a bar, helping each other out while joking around. Not everyone of our friends can tell a joke... In fact some downright suck at it. But they're our friends and we smile and put up with it anyway.
Or...we leave and go drink somewhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, high post counts can mean that a member has lasted long enough to get along with other people without being banned (number of years will also attest to that).

yup, exactly :lecture

Sounds like this thread got really ****ing dumb during spook. Fairly typical for SSF. :lol

I've been around a long time here but have a pretty low post count.. Most of the time because a point I would make has already been made so why post. I got fooled maybe twice with a fake code.. But why get upset about it.

In terms of spooktaculars, I have been taking some part in them since 2006 at least.. The more you put in, the more you get out of them.

Yeah, having bought the Crow during Spooktacular as well, I'm not loving that either. You have a special event to generate fan interest with sales on various items, and then you lower the price even more when the event is over? What message does that send to buyers exactly? "You shouldn't have bothered participating in our special event at all"?

Maybe this one doesn't have free shipping or extra reward points?

Yeah, having bought the Crow during Spooktacular as well, I'm not loving that either. You have a special event to generate fan interest with sales on various items, and then you lower the price even more when the event is over? What message does that send to buyers exactly? "You shouldn't have bothered participating in our special event at all"?

Maybe this one doesn't have free shipping or extra reward points?

The only message I see is people will always find something to whine about :dunno

Stupid question I know but can I use my reward points and 1 promo code together?

Yeah, having bought the Crow during Spooktacular as well, I'm not loving that either.

You guys need to look at the numbers. The discount is the same. The "$80" includes the already marked down price from full retail. I've already posted about this, only just a few posts back, so are you truing to wind someone up?

Last edited:
Back