Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings

Man my post count took a huge hit. Well count me in for a private group next time if that occurs. I think most (those that arer around enough) know my stance on the Halloween hijinx and the "words with numbers in them". Glad that others agree with me in that it was fun and entertaining. If others complain about a FReE service (this thread and free money), then they don't deserve the fruits of everyone's efforts, mine included (I was one who posted funny codes as well and the legit ones).

Anyways I'm fairly done with that topic. I think Sideshow comes through with the the 12 days of Christmas. Maybe we should have chat going or an exclusive thread. Either way I look forward to having more fun and all the chaos that ensues.

Change your page length in the forum settings to 40 posts per page (the maximum) and the forum will be a much more enjoyable visit all around. The only drawback is when people make the mistake of referring to page numbers (they're completely variable) and when someone posts a page-targeting link (no one should do this).

Dans really.... I never knew you could change the page length. Jeez....

The Crow figure was 30% off throughout Spooktacular and carries the same discount in the email from earlier today. The $80 off is based off the full SRP price of the item, so with all discounts applied (10% off site discount and 30% off coupon) then that equals over $80 in savings. This is the same amount of savings one would have recieved during spooktacular). Final price for someone using that code (this does not include taxes, shipping, import fees, etc) is $138.59 with the email code today.

-SideshowAlex

This makes no sense. There is no justification for the way people behave towards Sideshow's customer servics reps, you can't go blame it on the people posting fake codes. People are responsible for their own actions and how they behave towards others. If you are going to act like a childish entitled fool towards some customer service rep over a $5 code than you are a tool plain and simple. Further more if your not bothering to actually participate in the thread, other than snagging codes, than you probably deserved to get tricked by a fake code or two. It's a shame that it disrupted Sideshow, and I'm sure the people who were responsible are sorry for the inconvenience they caused and will refrain from such pranks in the future. But the true villains are the self absorbed DB's who were to lazy to participate in the fun, other than preying on others generosity, and then treating SS reps like crap over a $5 code. Seriously let that sink in for a moment, a freaking $5 code.

Would those people have called in if there were no fake posts? No. Does that mean the people that called aren't at fault too? No. But the CS reps still have to deal with it. It was a prank but I'm sure the CS reps didn't find it funny. I am all for having fun. I hope they find a way to do the codes without hassle for the CS reps and still allow everyone else to have fun with it. As a manager I have to account where my labor dollars are being spent. If my team is wasting time on an event that is making part of my customer base upset it is time to change because you can't change stupid.

According to the e-mail I received, the figure was $80 off. That's a better discount than they offered during Spooktacular.

No, with the 30% off code the Crow came to $138. That's the price I paid.

The Crow figure was 30% off throughout Spooktacular and carries the same discount in the email from earlier today. The $80 off is based off the full SRP price of the item, so with all discounts applied (10% off site discount and 30% off coupon) then that equals over $80 in savings. This is the same amount of savings one would have recieved during spooktacular). Final price for someone using that code (this does not include taxes, shipping, import fees, etc) is $138.59 with the email code today.

-SideshowAlex

Striiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike threeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Melkor goes down swinging :D

What happened in here? I thought we were all moving forward.

No hard feelings here, just responding to a post from much earlier today. I hope I am actually around more next year if they decide to do Spook again like we are use to. This year inventory hit and I was at work unable to monitor the activity as it was happening.

The Crow figure was 30% off throughout Spooktacular and carries the same discount in the email from earlier today.

Alex, we've already posted the same thing in here explaining precisely what you've mentioned (three or four times in fact). The thing is, the latest posts are by one of the trouble makers of the past couple of days, so I'm sorry to say like the rest of us you're wasting your time with them. Please be aware that this person in no represents the overwhelming majority of people that have participated in this thread over the past year and more recently this week.

But with regards to this specific discount email, at least for me, it came through after the product it applies to was already sold out. ;) ooops.

Last edited:

I really wish I noticed my post count before ... The Purge.

Hover your mouse pointer over the post count for this thread in the thread list of the Sandbox forum - then you'll see how many posts you have in this thread and can mentally add them to your current total. If that doesn't work, you can use a calculator. ;) See what I did there? ;)

I like that we moved to the Sandbox, but I'm not a fan of my new lower post count. That said, I do get to celebrate 100 posts all over again.

-SideshowAlex

In that case I withdraw my complaint! Sorry I jumped to the wrong conclusion.

I like that we moved to the Sandbox, but I'm not a fan of my new lower post count. That said, I do get to celebrate 100 posts all over again.

Posts in the Sandbox will not increase your post count, though :lol.

...And you're on my ignore list. Bye.

Bye bye :wave

Would those people have called in if there were no fake posts? No. Does that mean the people that called aren't at fault too? No. But the CS reps still have to deal with it. It was a prank but I'm sure the CS reps didn't find it funny. I am all for having fun. I hope they find a way to do the codes without hassle for the CS reps and still allow everyone else to have fun with it. As a manager I have to account where my labor dollars are being spent. If my team is wasting time on an event that is making part of my customer base upset it is time to change because you can't change stupid.

I'm sure there the callers would have called to complain about something, like someone getting a statue for a few cents cheaper then they did :slap

Back