Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and Spooktacular codes - NOTR1CK for $5

Nice. Yeah, this is a great deal for those who haven't ordered it. For me, I don't really save anything except for time since this would probably ship right away. Minus the free shipping, NRD, coupon I used, and the reward points, it's dead flat $300. I was going to get a new BESTA shelf with the 15% sale going on at my IKEA this weekend so I'll probably save the insta-payment for that and wait on the new batch.

15% off at ikea this weekend - Bestas? please tell me more

I really wish Sideshow had something in stock that I wanted. There's some really good deals going around.

There is no codes only Zuul.

5243876+_b2232dbe148062e04b604fe317b26472.jpg

This. I'm growing so tired of the entitlement mentality these days. All of these promos, codes, free RP's etc. are things that SSC doesn't HAVE to do and does it to gain loyalty, attract new customers etc. They are a businesses and don't OWE anyone anything except delivering a product that was paid for and replacing/fixing a mistake they may have made in the course of business. Period.

It's honorable that SSC does events like this to create excitement and almost surprising with all the trolls out there these days who think they are owed something from someone.

I'll step off my soapbox now.

One thing to add back in the beginning it was a lot more complicated then just sitting back refreshing one or two pages and getting free RPs. You used to have to scramble around their website searching for answers, trying to answer 1st to questions posted on chat and the most painful trying to unscramble a gift code and most of the time you walked away with nothing.

I feel the same. I thought about that Nathan Drake, but then I remembered how bad the head sculpt was and changed my mind.

This. I'm growing so tired of the entitlement mentality these days. All of these promos, codes, free RP's etc. are things that SSC doesn't HAVE to do and does it to gain loyalty, attract new customers etc. They are a businesses and don't OWE anyone anything except delivering a product that was paid for and replacing/fixing a mistake they may have made in the course of business. Period.

It's honorable that SSC does events like this to create excitement and almost surprising with all the trolls out there these days who think they are owed something from someone.

I'll step off my soapbox now.

I agree completely, including where I bolded your text. If the sideshow website, on behalf of sideshow, accepted payment for the item, then the item in sideshow's warehouse is no longer theirs, it is the customers'. Sideshow can cancel promo codes and remove them from promo wallets all they want, but if the transaction has been completed, I feel Sideshow needs to contact the customer, explain the mistake, and ask if a refund can be issued. I agree that they have the policy in place to get around this, but it doesn't make it right for Sideshow to take back a product that is no longer theirs.

One thing to add back in the beginning it was a lot more complicated then just sitting back refreshing one or two pages and getting free RPs. You used to have to scramble around their website searching for answers, trying to answer 1st to questions posted on chat and the most painful trying to unscramble a gift code and most of the time you walked away with nothing.

That was a pain in the ass trying to use the decoder at the same time

I was going back and forth between ordering the Mechanic but I think I will hold off until we get a new Tony Stark since it will likely be improved.

Wishing there was a code for Han, Chewie or the newest Wolverine. Those are the only three that I really want for sure.

I agree completely, including where I bolded your text. If the sideshow website, on behalf of sideshow, accepted payment for the item, then the item in sideshow's warehouse is no longer theirs, it is the customers'. Sideshow can cancel promo codes and remove them from promo wallets all they want, but if the transaction has been completed, I feel Sideshow needs to contact the customer, explain the mistake, and ask if a refund can be issued. I agree that they have the policy in place to get around this, but it doesn't make it right for Sideshow to take back a product that is no longer theirs.

A couple years ago I got in on a free Indy statue, it turned out there was a mistake in the system and there was only supposed to be 2 I think but it gave it to everyone. Sideshow contacted me, asked if I still wanted it at the going price. I declined but they were very nice about it and I understood it was a mistake. It happens, and you just go with the flow.

FYI -

Jeff contacted me, the code was from this past summer's GOTG Imax contest, and was just a glitch. They did not honor my order as is, which I was totally cool with. Mistakes happen.

Back