Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang it! I missed today's live...they gave out rewards, via email, for participating in the game. But you had to be subscribed to their newsletter, with the email you provided.

Dang it! I missed today's live...they gave out rewards, via email, for participating in the game. But you had to be subscribed to their newsletter, with the email you provided.

Missed it too - haven't been watching the daily streams this week. Any idea the $ value and how many received it?

Missed it too - haven't been watching the daily streams this week. Any idea the $ value and how many received it?

No, BBB didn't say. But there were a little over 300 watching the stream. But I don't know how many participated in the game, or how many of those are subscribed to the email newsletter.

This isn't surprising at all to hear, as they obviously would prefer to just reward the smaller groups of loyal people who actually watch their live streams, but where did you hear or read that? Did they say it in a recent live stream?

Yup and just FYI, using their new live platform during streams is how most rewards are going to be given out. No more codes that can be easily shared on code groups and the like.

Well that certainly sucks for ppl who have a normal job and can't just sit with their phone out any given time of day to catch a live stream that may or may not have a reward code

Well that certainly sucks for ppl who have a normal job and can't just sit with their phone out any given time of day to catch a live stream that may or may not have a reward code

Yep. That. I guess that makes it official. I'll probably never get another point again outside of the ones from a purchase.

It seemed pretty clear during that last Star Wars week livestream, and even from what was said last night, that this new system is going to replace the LYGSS exclusive codes Chris Pirotta and (on rarer occasions) Robin Selvaggi try to give out during That Sideshow Show only to see them leak to code groups and prevent some of the people watching from getting them. It seems really unlikely to replace regular rewards codes given during other live streams, at least for now. I just don't think it would work logistically to play bingo or have a quiz during Steal the Deal or Win Lose or Die or whatever, although I can see them doing it with Cobbled Cosplay, since the app has already been used to vote for that.

I don't know what other functionality the app they are using has. It could be as simple as everyone in the live stream signing in for attendance.

Could be. I guess it all boils down to what will be cheaper for Sideshow, both in terms of money and in terms of work, which equals money: Generating a few thousand individual codes and emailing them all out to a few thousand individuals who participated in livestreams during an event day or generating three or four more universal codes that one to two-thousand people can redeem and that they can simply put on the screen during a livestream, but it taxes their servers for a few minutes.

Last edited:
They did another game during today's live. And yes, you had to use the email you are subscribed to their newsletter with, in-order to receive the reward code. Otherwise you would have to contact CS to get them.

Three out of four live streams on Iron Man Day will be Trivial Cahoots, Bingo, and Team Trivia. So no codes that day, I'm guessing, but rewards for participants, for sure. That said, I still kind of doubt they can sustain that kind of thing for an entire week. We'll find out in June with the next event.

Three out of four live streams on Iron Man Day will be Trivial Cahoots, Bingo, and Team Trivia. So no codes that day, I'm guessing, but rewards for participants, for sure. That said, I still kind of doubt they can sustain that kind of thing for an entire week. We'll find out in June with the next event.

There's always been codes for those single days like Captain America Day and Deadpool Day. I don't see why Iron Man day won't have any codes.

There will be rewards points, but most, if not all will be tied to being virtually present in the livestreams so you can join the app they use to play the games. Then codes will be generated only to the people who logged into each game with their sideshow email.

So Friday's livestream was basically just talking about music for an hour, and it closed with them using the survey function of that app Chris Pirotta loves to ask people their favorite song. He said that people who answered it would "get a little something," which when he's said that previously, has meant an individual one-time use rewards code in their email. Has anybody who answered that one-question survey actually seen an email with a code yet?

Back