Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well..... that sucks.
bmtt0mq80i561.jpg

Rewards that I could save up over time was certainly one of, if not the biggest draw for Sideshow over other companies.

The only reason I could see someone ordering from Sideshow now over say BBTS etc is if you don't want to wait an extra month. That, and Sideshow still has excellent customer service. But the cost now to order from them is just not worth it.

I guess if you buys figures on the regular then Sideshow could still be a good option, but I rarely buy figures these days. This year alone I have only bought 3 collectibles that can be found on their website, and only 1 I actually ordered from Sideshow themselves.

Rewards that I could save up over time was certainly one of, if not the biggest draw for Sideshow over other companies.

The only reason I could see someone ordering from Sideshow now over say BBTS etc is if you don't want to wait an extra month. That, and Sideshow still has excellent customer service. But the cost now to order from them is just not worth it.

I guess if you buys figures on the regular then Sideshow could still be a good option, but I rarely buy figures these days. This year alone I have only bought 3 collectibles that can be found on their website, and only 1 I actually ordered from Sideshow themselves.

Add in that they?re now charging tax, (not their fault I know), and the ridiculous shipping increases compared to what statues sell for on the secondary market and almost no statue is worth preordering. None of them hit release dates anyways so just wait an extra few months or a year and price are significantly lower, especially if you can do an in-person buy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was disappointed when I saw this too. Good thing it?s a year after it?s issued. I usually dont buy figures that often so it was convenient to stack up those rewards. With them expiring now I might be looking at other retailers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Got the nasty gram today too. Watched posts as other folks shopped around, but I like the points - if I had enough, they were really helpful for more pricey items like the Iron Studios 1/4 Cap.

But it takes me a while to save a good chunk of RPs. Don't like being forced to buy, in theory. In my case, SSC just encouraged me blow all the points I have (not that many) ASAP and in the future look elsewhere harder. I'd already cut back buying due to rising prices, so SSC isn't being smart during these difficult economic times.

So now for me, RPs are less of a warm fuzzy thing and more of a pain in the @ss. Stupid when no-one NEEDS collectibles. Plus at the moment BBTS has that nice flat rate 4$ shipping and they double box:nana:

I just noticed that my username was changed to a sketchy website. I had to reset my password to access my profile. I'm sorry if the person who gained access posted anything.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

There are other places to shop Hot Toys and many of the other brands that Sideshow carries that don't charge tax, has cheaper (for me at least) or free shipping, has reward points (albeit not as much as Sideshow but if you think about it, you're already saving anyhow, and sometimes even more without the tax) that don't expire for the time being, with great customer service and lower NRDs in most cases. The only thing really missing is the payment plans I guess, but if you set aside your own money yourself until the order's release date, you're pretty much managing the payment plans yourself. Sideshow would only be a last resort if other places are sold out, or if they carry an exclusive edition that you really must have. I'm really surprised more people haven't caught on to this but I guess it's because of all the marketing and monopolizing the company does. I've personally been saving a lot more money using other places but hopefully more people are catching on to the smaller companies out there with better deals.
:hi5::duff

Yep. Got the nasty gram today too. Watched posts as other folks shopped around, but I like the points - if I had enough, they were really helpful for more pricey items like the Iron Studios 1/4 Cap.

But it takes me a while to save a good chunk of RPs. Don't like being forced to buy, in theory. In my case, SSC just encouraged me blow all the points I have (not that many) ASAP and in the future look elsewhere harder. I'd already cut back buying due to rising prices, so SSC isn't being smart during these difficult economic times.

So now for me, RPs are less of a warm fuzzy thing and more of a pain in the @ss. Stupid when no-one NEEDS collectibles. Plus at the moment BBTS has that nice flat rate 4$ shipping and they double box:nana:

I agree with all this, especially the bolded.

There are other places to shop Hot Toys and many of the other brands that Sideshow carries that don't charge tax, has cheaper (for me at least) or free shipping, has reward points (albeit not as much as Sideshow but if you think about it, you're already saving anyhow, and sometimes even more without the tax) that don't expire for the time being, with great customer service and lower NRDs in most cases. The only thing really missing is the payment plans I guess, but if you set aside your own money yourself until the order's release date, you're pretty much managing the payment plans yourself. Sideshow would only be a last resort if other places are sold out, or if they carry an exclusive edition that you really must have. I'm really surprised more people haven't caught on to this but I guess it's because of all the marketing and monopolizing the company does. I've personally been saving a lot more money using other places but hopefully more people are catching on to the smaller companies out there with better deals.
:hi5::duff

Yeah, I've been placing my new preorders with Alter Ego. I buy from my local comic shop when possible (they require 50% down on pre-orders though so I only buy in-stock items). The figures I've bought from Sideshow were ones with free shipping and/or were out of stock from other retailers.

Isn't Sideshow the exclusive distributor for Hot Toys? I don't get how stores that have to buy product from Sideshow are able to offer free shipping while Sideshow shipping is so expensive.

Yeah, I've been placing my new preorders with Alter Ego. I buy from my local comic shop when possible (they require 50% down on pre-orders though so I only buy in-stock items). The figures I've bought from Sideshow were ones with free shipping and/or were out of stock from other retailers.

Isn't Sideshow the exclusive distributor for Hot Toys? I don't get how stores that have to buy product from Sideshow are able to offer free shipping while Sideshow shipping is so expensive.

Well, I've found with BBTS and occasional other places, u wait longer. BBTS shipping is definitely takes longer for me, so suppose they cut a deal with UPS I guess to ship slower for a cheaper rate.

On the other hand, HT delays - these 2 year wait for figures - kinda broke me of worrying when stuff shows up. So, between rising prices, long delays, and now SSC putting the squeeze on - guess I'll be a lot more CALM about collecting. U can't sustain excitement when stuff drags on for so long u forget what u ordered.

Ultimately it means ordering less and shopping around more. Heck, to me even Sideshow's specials this past year have been pretty tepid.

Maybe the delay release = less people preordering, so Sideshow is trying to force more POs. Not a great plan.:pfft:

Back