Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you NO BANTER contributors, minus the queue nonsense and codes I totally slept on, I was still able to get $41 (including the $5 con sign-up) and clear $300 finally for either the ESB rerelease Vader or the new Deluxe Boba Fett. Good times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know where the following three codes were released? I am looking all over SS videos and social media posts over the weekend, but I can't find them anywhere since they have SO MANY pages and groups set up for all their different brands all over social media!

COLLECTSTATUES
HANGOUT20
TILLNXTTIME

Does anyone know where the following three codes were released? I am looking all over SS videos and social media posts over the weekend, but I can't find them anywhere since they have SO MANY pages and groups set up for all their different brands all over social media!

COLLECTSTATUES
HANGOUT20
TILLNXTTIME

HANGOUT20 and TILLNXTTIME came from the last two 5pm Facebook LYGSS daily wrap-ups. Not sure about COLLECTSTATUES but my guess is it came from the Facebook Let Your Statue Sideshow group.

COLLECTSTATUES
HANGOUT20
TILLNXTTIME

Hangout20 - FB wrap up 10/10
tillnxttime - FB wrap up 10/11
I'm guessing the other one was their FB statue page, but I'm not following them so I can't confirm

So what's the consensus? Worth sticking through this year's Spook at least? The early Q and extremely quick redemption fills turned me off most of this event and I came off with nothing but peace of mind.

HANGOUT20 and TILLNXTTIME came from the last two 5pm Facebook LYGSS daily wrap-ups. Not sure about COLLECTSTATUES but my guess is it came from the Facebook Let Your Statue Sideshow group.

Hangout20 - FB wrap up 10/10
tillnxttime - FB wrap up 10/11
I'm guessing the other one was their FB statue page, but I'm not following them so I can't confirm

Thanks for mentioning the wrap up shows- I can't believe I forgot to check those!

I also assumed that the COLLECTSTATUES code came from the Let Your Statue Side Show Facebook group, but I don't see it anywhere in there. Maybe they deleted the post containing the code for some reason? Hmmm....

2020 Sideshow New York Con recap time!

FYI- this recap only includes the codes given out during the actual days of this event, so it does NOT include the $5 that was added to your account if you pre-registered for the event on Monday, September 28, and it also does NOT include the CODE4U2020 code they gave out to test the queue system on Thursday, October 1.

Also, as stated in my separate post above, I am assuming that the COLLECTSTATUES codes was indeed released in the Let Your Statue Side Show Facebook group and that it had 2,000 redemptions available, which seem like reasonable assumptions to make based on the data presented below. I will update this post if anyone can correct any of these assumed details about the COLLECTSTATUES code.

In total, SS gave out 24 codes during this event, broken down like this:
-5 codes on Tuesday the 6th
-4 codes on Wednesday the 7th
-4 codes on Thursday the 8th
-4 codes on Friday the 9th
-4 codes on Saturday the 10th
-3 codes on Sunday the 11th

The 24 codes given out were worth a total of $53, broken down like this:
-5 codes worth $1
-11 codes worth $2
-7 codes worth $3
-1 code worth $5

For recent comparisons, SS gave out 17 codes worth $62 during their 2020 Sideshow Con event in July and 20 codes worth $75 total during their Birthday Extravaganza '20 event in March. So more codes but worth less money in this event when compared to their two most recent events.

Instead of time limits on codes during this event, Sideshow set up them up to have a limited amount of redemptions once they were released. Here's a breakdown of how many redemptions the 24 codes had during this event:
-2 codes had 1,000 redemptions
-2 codes had 1,500 redemptions
-22 codes had 2,000 redemptions

All four of the codes that had only 1,000 and 1,500 redemptions were released during the first two days of the event, and every code released after the UNRULYINSTA code on Wednesday afternoon had 2,000 redemptions available.

Unlike recent events (where SS released all of the codes in just a few places), SS unfortunately posted these codes all over their MANY social media channels during this event-
-2 codes posted onscreen during Let Your Geek Side Show Facebook group videos
-2 codes posted in the Let Your Geek Side Show Facebook group
-1 code posted onscreen and in the chat/comments during Let Your Geek Side Show Facebook group videos
-1 code posted onscreen during a Facebook video on the primary Sideshow Collectibles Facebook page
-1 code posted in the chat during a Facebook video on the primary Sideshow Collectibles Facebook page
-1 code posted onscreen and in the chat/comments during a Facebook video on the primary Sideshow Collectibles Facebook page
-1 code posted on Sideshow's primary Facebook page
-1 code posted on Sideshow's primary Instagram page
-1 code posted on Sideshow's primary Twitter page
-1 code posted on the Art Prints Facebook page
-1 code posted in the Atomic Misfits Facebook group
-1 code posted on the New at Sideshow Facebook page
-1 code posted in the Sideshow Insiders Facebook group
-1 code posted in the Designer Toy Collective Facebook group
-1 code posted in the Rise, Conquer, Rule Facebook group
-1 code posted in the Let Your Statue Side Show Facebook group
-1 code posted on the Atomic Misfit Facebook page
-1 code posted on the Atomic Misfit Instagram page
-1 code posted on the Unruly Industries Instagram page
-1 code posted on the Court of the Dead Instagram page
-1 code posted on the Art Prints Instagram page
-1 code posted on the New at Sideshow Twitter page

I hope some of you enjoyed this recap! Thanks to everyone here for sharing the codes during 2020 Sideshow New York Con! Let's cross our fingers for lots of RP codes during Spooktacular '20, which starts in less than 10 days!

So what's the consensus? Worth sticking through this year's Spook at least? The early Q and extremely quick redemption fills turned me off most of this event and I came off with nothing but peace of mind.

It?s not too different than what they did last year with the two to five minute redemption period. It stinks but at the end of the day it?s free money.

I just spent about $400 in rewards on $830 in Iron Studios statues and I wouldn?t have bought them without the rewards dollars, most of which were from giveaways

I had a lot better luck last year. Easy 70% or more success. This year seemed a lot tougher. Might be due to more people at home. I mean yeah free money and all. But still disappointing. Maybe Spook will go better. If not I'm probably done with it.

I had a lot better luck last year. Easy 70% or more success. This year seemed a lot tougher. Might be due to more people at home. I mean yeah free money and all. But still disappointing. Maybe Spook will go better. If not I'm probably done with it.

I didn?t get every one but I made $34 and fully paid for Michael Myers. Those points were all from these events. With Tapatalk, it?s been a lot easier so thanks to those posting codes. let?s see what spook brings, I still have a Leatherface to PO.

I don't think I've ever been this successful at getting every code. They made this one very easy by keeping the code release to a predictable schedule all within regular waking business hours. The Facebook group was on the ball, beating out the forums on posting codes almost every time. The codes lasted a couple minutes each. That was plenty of time to see the alert, switch to the Sideshow Rewards tab and submit the code.

Limit reached was my main issue. Seemed every time. Eventually I just gave up.

Me too. Every code I entered. Limit reached. To heck with this. If this is how it’s going to be from now on I may buy my figures elsewhere.

Missing the first few because of that damn queue really soured me over the whole thing. I got about $35 in the end, so not bad, but knowing about the small allotment of codes and tiny time window made the event irritating for me. So I didn't put much effort or attention into it. Not fun. Not exciting. Just irksome.

I prefered the time limit to the redemption limit. It made sure everyone that was participating in the streams etc. got a chance to redeem, now even if you're an active user you can miss your chance because other people beat you to it.

Thanks to all the people that posted codes, you guys rock!

Thanks to Cbulas1 for his statistical analysis.

Thanks to all those that came on here for 'Banter.'

Thanks to most people for staying out of the Non Banter thread.

Thanks to all those that used to come on here but gave up.

Not sure I want to thank Sideshow, it was not fun at all.

Like most I struggled badly on the first few days,

even having my phone in my hand when the alert came through and still not getting a redemption.

I ended up with a reasonable haul but I'm not sure I want to play anymore.

Will see how Spook plays out.

Apologies for the OT post. Because this forum is active and I can't find a Q&A guide:

Have several threads set to "subscribed". How the heck do you get notified of new posts in those threads if you don't want emails? Every other forum I visit has a "new posts" area. Is there not one here or am I just blind?

Help!

So yesterday, Autumn said that they are bringing back Email rewards codes for Spooktacular, but of course there's a late 2020 "**** you" twist to it. She said the rewards codes will be emailed to people randomly chosen from everyone who registers on the Spooktacular page and that the codes will only work for those people, who will have all day to redeem them.
PocTRPu.gif

There's another SS RP code twist I didn't see coming! Even in 2020!

Nothing to rile people up like supposedly randomly chosen people receiving codes that only they can share!

I assume Autumn meant that this was just one way they are planning to distribute codes during Spook? They are still planning to release codes on social media, in their videos, etc., right??

Love it! Brings us all together again! But instead of all of us banning together as a community to help eachother with codes, we'll be together hating these new systems.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Back