Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Sideshow is concerned with giving away TOO much money, then I would say just scale back. Just don't do as many codes, but still allow for the same amount of time and unlimited allotments per code as before. Having only 1k - 2k allotments per code PLUS the stupid queue really made the whole experience incredibly frustrating and aggravating that made me not want to do it anymore (which is probably a bonus for Sideshow to have less people participate!), much less actually enjoy the experience.

But before, if I missed a code that was available for 10, 15, 30 minutes, I felt it was more fair, with a fair amount of time for anyone to get it. If I would miss a code before, I totally felt that it was on me, I wasn't paying attention, or was away from my computer, etc., and that there was a decent amount of time for me to have entered the code. Now, even if I got to a code right away or within even a minute, all the codes are already taken or I'm stuck in the queue. It feels pretty hopeless and not worth putting any effort into it. At least before it felt like there was always a chance.

So I would say have the code just like before, but less of them if they're feeling stingy.

So yesterday, Autumn said that they are bringing back Email rewards codes for Spooktacular, but of course there's a late 2020 "**** you" twist to it. She said the rewards codes will be emailed to people randomly chosen from everyone who registers on the Spooktacular page and that the codes will only work for those people, who will have all day to redeem them.
PocTRPu.gif

Sounded like this was ?in addition to? the regular codes and not ?instead of?

Personally, I've had terrible luck with the waitlist in the last 12-18+ months. I used to get at least 90%+ conversions on the WL for years, now lately nothing. I actually called SSC about it out of curiosity, and they said that the demand for 1/6 collectibles has gone up lately, so less product is apparently available. Never hurts to jump on the WL, best of luck on your conversion.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I wonder if they're getting smaller batches of things now as well. I've heard from several toy shops that toy distribution has been all messed up due to the pandemic and global restrictions. Things they were supposed to get in months ago keep getting delayed and such.

I wonder if they're getting smaller batches of things now as well. I've heard from several toy shops that toy distribution has been all messed up due to the pandemic and global restrictions. Things they were supposed to get in months ago keep getting delayed and such.

This has happened to me lately. I ordered Sideshow's latest 1/6 Comic Superman from a Canadian store b/c they had it for cheaper including shipping than going to any US store, however they're still waiting on their stock from SS even though most US stores have received theirs already. It sucks but that's just the way things are right now.

I've been waiting on BBTS orders that were supposed to be out in July, and there's still no sign of them. They must be extremely backed up.

Not defending Sideshow but they are probably too big and too corporate to behave in the manner they used to. Personally I would be more than happy if they did away with codes altogether and simply stopped overcharging for shipping.

100% agree. No reason they can?t offer free shipping/double boxing when most of the smaller retailers can and do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So apparently they sent out Reward points to a random 100 people for the Spooktacular registration they just told people about.. How the hell does that work?

Edit: also, Sleep for the Weak is after Spook.

So apparently they sent out Reward points to a random 100 people for the Spooktacular registration they just told people about.. How the hell does that work?

Like a damn lottery. Random codes are unique and limited to one redemption a piece, and it sounds like there's only a limited time to redeem them, too, which sounds extra fun if one is "lucky" enough to get one, but in the middle of the night. Woo. Fun.

Who?s gonna be the first to put their dignity on the line and complain to sideshow that they didn?t get points when others did.

And Paul just said that the Fortune Teller would have rewards codes again, which of course will be limited (he didn't say that last part, but at this point, we all know this).

Who?s gonna be the first to put their dignity on the line and complain to sideshow that they didn?t get points when others did.

I already saw an "It's not fair" in the youtube chat, but I don't name names.

Edit:
And another fella who contacted CS and shared a screenshot in the Facebook group.

Last edited:
I got one of those reward emails, just saw it there... 6 minutes before the code expires, and I only recieved it 3 hours ago. Because everybody checks their email constantly...

What a stupid way to do codes.

An email code should be valid all day. I didn't even bother trying for any of the recent codes, after hearing about that queue nonsense.

Code expired at 3pm Pacific. Not quite all day when they send it out 3 hours before expiration.

Really seems like they are just trying to not give out as much reward points and if that's the case I'd rather they were just upfront about it instead of putting ****** systems in place that benefits no one but them.

Also, notice on the Rewards page you can't just enter the code and hit Redeem, you now have to click "Redeem Code", which redirects you again to enter the code.

zNOJpSu.png

Like a damn lottery. Random codes are unique and limited to one redemption a piece, and it sounds like there's only a limited time to redeem them, too, which sounds extra fun if one is "lucky" enough to get one, but in the middle of the night. Woo. Fun.

I'm guessing the 1st 100 were a $20 code, or something like that. They did mention it could be as high as that.

I got one of those reward emails, just saw it there... 6 minutes before the code expires, and I only recieved it 3 hours ago. Because everybody checks their email constantly...

Hey congrats on getting one BTW. At least you caught it in time. I would'a been pissed if I missed it before it it expired.

An email code should be valid all day. I didn't even bother trying for any of the recent codes, after hearing about that queue nonsense.

Autumn even said last week that they would be good all day. Now, they aren't. And they're individual codes that can only be used by one person only one time, so a time limit less than 24 hours makes no ****ing sense. People who miss these, especially people who wake up to find they missed them in the middle of the night (because not sleeping for ten days is extraordinarily bad), will be super pissed off, even moreso if they find out the code was worth $5 or more.

For the sake of notifications, just in case, can you tell us the exact subject line of the email and the email address from which it was sent? Thanks

Back