Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So yesterday, Autumn said that they are bringing back Email rewards codes for Spooktacular, but of course there's a late 2020 "**** you" twist to it. She said the rewards codes will be emailed to people randomly chosen from everyone who registers on the Spooktacular page and that the codes will only work for those people, who will have all day to redeem them.
PocTRPu.gif

Well **** that. I am so close to being done with SS. After I get my free figure I'm out.

Did she say if the codes would at least work on anything or only "certain ones" i.e. the ones you don't really want?

There's another SS RP code twist I didn't see coming! Even in 2020!

Nothing to rile people up like supposedly randomly chosen people receiving codes that only they can share!

I assume Autumn meant that this was just one way they are planning to distribute codes during Spook? They are still planning to release codes on social media, in their videos, etc., right??

It sounded like they can't be shared, so they're either tied to one account or specific codes limited to one redemption. She did say this is just one way they'll be sharing codes, along with livestreams and such, but it's not any less irritating.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

So yesterday, Autumn said that they are bringing back Email rewards codes for Spooktacular, but of course there's a late 2020 "**** you" twist to it. She said the rewards codes will be emailed to people randomly chosen from everyone who registers on the Spooktacular page and that the codes will only work for those people, who will have all day to redeem them.
PocTRPu.gif

Great, can't wait to get no emails. You know they aren't going to sent **** to international customers.

I am impressed at their ability to come up with new and exciting ways to ruin rp code chasing. Must be quite the brainstorming session going on over there. I'm waiting for the next iteration where half the code is given in stream and the other half is spelled out by a plane sky writing it somewhere over California . Usage limited of course. :lol

Are there any methods to get a code capable of working on preorders? Already tried getting a contest code and they're still valid only on the value bin junk.

Are there any methods to get a code capable of working on preorders? Already tried getting a contest code and they're still valid only on the value bin junk.

Only ones valid on preorders are the "thanks for your purchase" which seem to be randomly added to your account now instead of a sticker put on the shipper.

PocTRPu.gif

So they don't want to pay out the $5 for people to register?

They would like folks to register who would then be entered into a lottery for a code.

Not a great start.

Not defending Sideshow but they are probably too big and too corporate to behave in the manner they used to. Personally I would be more than happy if they did away with codes altogether and simply stopped overcharging for shipping.

Been a while since I've had to deal with the Sideshow wait list. If it's just gone waitlist recently, are chances pretty good you'll get a chance? Been waiting to get some more Spook credit and OF COURSE the in stock sold out.

Been a while since I've had to deal with the Sideshow wait list. If it's just gone waitlist recently, are chances pretty good you'll get a chance? Been waiting to get some more Spook credit and OF COURSE the in stock sold out.
Personally, I've had terrible luck with the waitlist in the last 12-18+ months. I used to get at least 90%+ conversions on the WL for years, now lately nothing. I actually called SSC about it out of curiosity, and they said that the demand for 1/6 collectibles has gone up lately, so less product is apparently available. Never hurts to jump on the WL, best of luck on your conversion.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the answer and positive thoughts my way @Rmsceb. Did they do away with the low stock notices? I swear it was in stock earlier in the week. Came out of total left field.

Thanks for the answer and positive thoughts my way @Rmsceb. Did they do away with the low stock notices? I swear it was in stock earlier in the week. Came out of total left field.
I haven't seen the low stock notices in awhile.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Are people seriously saying Sideshow should stop giving away free money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm saying they should stop with these social media timed codes and lobby limited use codes. Just charge actual shipping costs and maybe do a regular $25 off monthly code like they used to.

Back