Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No point in a time limit any more. They'll just announce a code with the "first 1,000 gets it"... or for larger codes "first 250 get it".

The problem is there are now two hurtles, one you can control (being ready for a code) and a second you have no control over (being thrown into a cue sorter).

So now, even if you follow closely, there's a much larger chance that you'll never get a code.

I know it's only a couple dollars here and there, but stating that they wanted to give people who are participating the edge in getting the points is a clear indication that they want to cut down on how many codes get redeemed. I feel like it's their call, but when they have events like this and the codes go out it has me thinking Sideshow pretty much 24/7. Sounds like a good marketing strategy if you ask me.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

I know it's only a couple dollars here and there, but stating that they wanted to give people who are participating the edge in getting the points is a clear indication that they want to cut down on how many codes get redeemed. I feel like it's their call, but when they have events like this and the codes go out it has me thinking Sideshow pretty much 24/7. Sounds like a good marketing strategy if you ask me.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

It clearly didn't work as they intended because like I said previously, I had the Rewards page open, ready to go, the second the code went up I entered it into the box and hit Redeem, instead of refreshing and showing the new balance it just kicked me into the queue. I don't buy from Sideshow these days anyway unless I can get a good deal on top of rewards, so if they mess this up then I'll probably never be buying from them again.

It clearly didn't work as they intended because like I said previously, I had the Rewards page open, ready to go, the second the code went up I entered it into the box and hit Redeem, instead of refreshing and showing the new balance it just kicked me into the queue. I don't buy from Sideshow these days anyway unless I can get a good deal on top of rewards, so if they mess this up then I'll probably never be buying from them again.
That's because you were on the page before the queue set in. They rearrange everyone already on the page and give them a random spot. You don't have the advantage already having the page open anymore.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That's because you were on the page before the queue set in. They rearrange everyone already on the page and give them a random spot. You don't have the advantage already having the page open anymore.

Which is a problem because Paul, Autumn, and before them, Susan, have been encouraging people to stay logged in all the time during an event and have the website open in case a code drops.

Thats just dumb, if they are going to limit codes to a set number then it should first come first served, not randomised.

They should just do away with reward codes and bump the reward points from 5% to 10%. Give something back to the people who buy from them and push all the people out who are just trying to get something for free.

They should just do away with reward codes and bump the reward points from 5% to 10%. Give something back to the people who buy from them and push all the people out who are just trying to get something for free.

Only people who buy stuff get to utilize the reward points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm mad because I literally entered the code and redeemed it then it just redirected me to the queue instead of redeeming the code.

Yea I get how that can be frustrating. For me personally, even though that situation would suck (seeing how I missed nearly every code last time), I just don't feel the need to get angry over it. It is what it is. It's not going to kill me to spend $2, $5 or even $10 more on a item if I really want it bad enough. But I know everyone is different and that's a-ok.

Only people who buy stuff get to utilize the reward points

I think what Raven6009 means is that there are more than likely folks who only by direct from SS when they have reward points to use, otherwise those same ppl buy from somewhere else like BBTS for example. So, with his idea, the better way to reward loyal customers is to do away with reward codes altogether and instead upping the amount of rewards they receive per purchase. That way you weed out the ppl who only buy something direct from SS when they've stacked up reward points from these online events. This would potentially drive more business to SS since you get a really good "cash back" type return on your purchase when you only buy direct. I personally think it's a pretty good idea.

Or, another idea could be: Maybe instead of upping the reward % year round, only up it during these types of events. So, even if they kept the 5% year round, maybe during SDCC, NYCC, Spooktacular, etc. instead of reward codes you have to chase down, you get a bonus % of points per purchase during that week long event. I think that could drive more sales. The unfortunate thing for retailers and customers is that the last time SS saw their sales drop, instead of doing something for the customers to give them an incentive to buy direct from SS such as higher rewards % per purchase, they just reduced the amount of product each retailer can order from them for their stores in order to force customers to buy direct if their usual retailers runs out of stock.

Last edited:

I didn't have any issues. I had the code page open and facebook open before 1230. I copied it off facebook and pasted it in my codes. Took like 10 seconds. I don't care about codes really but i had the day off and was watching TV so i decided to give it a shot. Still think it was a waste of time for 2 dollars.

Yea I get how that can be frustrating. For me personally, even though that situation would suck (seeing how I missed nearly every code last time), I just don't feel the need to get angry over it. It is what it is. It's not going to kill me to spend $2, $5 or even $10 more on a item if I really want it bad enough. But I know everyone is different and that's a-ok.

I think what Raven6009 means is that there are more than likely folks who only by direct from SS when they have reward points to use, otherwise those same ppl buy from somewhere else like BBTS for example. So, with his idea, the better way to reward loyal customers is to do away with reward codes altogether and instead them by upping the amount of rewards they receive per purchase. That way you weed out the ppl who only buy something direct from SS when they've stacked up reward points from these online events. This would potentially drive more business to SS since you get a really good "cash back" type return on your purchase when you only buy direct. I personally think it's a pretty good idea.

Or, another idea could be: maybe instead of upping the reward % year round, only up it during these types of events. So, even if they kept the 5% year round, maybe during SDCC, NYCC, Spooktacular, etc. instead of reward codes you have to chase down, you get a bonus % of points per purchase during that week long event. I think that would drive more sales. The unfortunate thing for retailers is that the last time SS saw their sales drop, instead of doin something for the customers to bring in incentives to buy from them such as higher rewards % per purchase, instead they just reduced the amount of product each retailer can order from them for their stores to force customers to buy direct if their usual retailers runs out of stock.

You're suggesting Sideshow changes its reward program to "weed out the people who only buy direct from them when they've stacked up reward points from these online events"? Are you SERIOUS???? You're implying people are disloyal customers, when the truth is Sideshow is now only price competitive IF you've accumulated enough points to offset their (a) lack of discounts on pre-order items, (b) higher shipping costs and (c) charging state taxes regardless of the destination. And don't get me started on their ridiculous 40 day waiting period before crediting reward points. SS has been successfully weeding people out for quite some time now, as their uncompetitive policies are forcing us to seek alternative suppliers that are offering better deals.

I didn't have any issues. I had the code page open and facebook open. I copied it off facebook and pasted it in my codes. Took like 10 seconds. I don't care about codes really but i had the day off and was watching TV so i decided to give it a shot. Still think it was a waste of time for 2 dollars.

I was logged on, had my rewards page open, and copied pasted the code within seconds...still got stuck into the que. So there was some kind of randomness to it.

I was logged on, had my rewards page open, and copied pasted the code within seconds...still got stuck into the que. So there was some kind of randomness to it.

Technology anything can happen. You might have been a liitle behind even though it seemed like it was right away. Like when you are watching something live on TV and your computer and there is a delay of 10 or 15 seconds on one of them. :dunno

It's all my fault. For the first time in 10 years I saved enough points to get a figure for free instead of spreading them out over various orders. I thought I was done with this hobby so I went out with a bang.

But then I was pulled back in by the Mando hype and ordered both of those without any discounts. And then I ordered Alita as well.

Perhaps the new rules will make it easier to retire.*

*Unless they release the classics many of us have been waiting years for of coarse.

Technology anything can happen. You might have been a liitle behind even though it seemed like it was right away. Like when you are watching something live on TV and your computer and there is a delay of 10 or 15 seconds on one of them. :dunno

True, with tech there's so many variables.

You're suggesting Sideshow changes its reward program to "weed out the people who only buy direct from them when they've stacked up reward points from these online events"? Are you SERIOUS???? You're implying people are disloyal customers, when the truth is Sideshow is now only price competitive IF you've accumulated enough points to offset their (a) lack of discounts on pre-order items, (b) higher shipping costs and (c) charging state taxes regardless of the destination. And don't get me started on their ridiculous 40 day waiting period before crediting reward points. SS has been successfully weeding people out for quite some time now, as their uncompetitive policies are forcing us to seek alternative suppliers that are offering better deals.

I don't think you fully read my reply judging by the tone of this and the fact that you're saying that I'm the one implying "disloyal customers". I AM NOT the one suggesting this. My response to you was to potentially bring clarity and further explanation based on Raven6009 proposed as an idea. That obviously failed :lol "Give something back to the people who buy from them (meaning loyal customers) and push all the people out who are just trying to get something for free (meaning weed out the rest)." Not sure how that was hard to understand from his initial post :dunno :lol Again, these aren't my ideas nor am I implying anything, it's right there.

And for further clarity: Loyal customers are those who buy directly from somewhere regardless of cost, and they continue to buy even if it's cheaper somewhere else to keep sales at said business that they are loyal to. If you're priced out of buying from SS, that's fine, most of us are, myself included. I currently only buy from them if there's an exclusive I want. Regarding sales tax, that's not their fault, it's a law in the US if I'm not mistaken. Pretty much everywhere charges sales tax now. Even eBay charges sales tax on a purchase if you're in America and buy something from China (at least they have for me). RE: 40 day wait time - I don't see what's wrong with them waiting to post your reward points honestly. You think you should get reward points even if you return the item for a full refund before the 40 day period? If that was the case, you could literally purchase all you want then return it all for a full refund just to rack up RPs. Makes no sense for them to allow that. It makes sense on their part that you only get Rewards Points after the return window closes for a purchase you actually made and didn't return.

Take a step back. Did you not see that I literally started off my first reply to you with "I think what Raven6009 means.." ?? Those first couple of words CLEARLY means the following weren’t my ideas. The latter half of my reply that starts with "Or, another idea could be:" was my idea, to which I didn't mention anything about being a "loyal customer" or "weeding out those who don't buy direct," but rather a way to maybe bring more business straight to SS by rewarding all customers in a potentially better manner than the way they are handling these codes currently.

So many in this thread get way too worked up over a few little free points here and there. I have no energy for that. I'm happy if I manage to snag the points and move on to the next one if I don't. I don't let this hobby cause me stress or lose any sleep over it. Its meant to be fun. These code complaints remind me of the folks on the TFW2005 boards who complain about paying only $6 for ems shipping from china when they think it should be free. If you don't have an extra $6 to spend on your stuff (especially during a pandemic when it pays to spend a little extra for overseas shipping), getting your toy is the least of your problems. Similarly, if $2 is that important to anyone that it makes or breaks a purchase, maybe there’s some bigger issues here.

Cool your jets :chillpill: :peace:

Last edited:
I don't think you fully read my reply judging by the tone of this and the fact that you're saying that I'm the one implying "disloyal customers". I AM NOT the one suggesting this. My response to you was to potentially bring clarity and further explanation based on Raven6009 proposed as an idea. That obviously failed :lol "Give something back to the people who buy from them (meaning loyal customers) and push all the people out who are just trying to get something for free (meaning weed out the rest)." Not sure how that was hard to understand from his initial post :dunno :lol Again, these aren't my ideas nor am I implying anything, it's right there.

And for further clarity: Loyal customers are those who buy directly from somewhere regardless of cost, and they continue to buy even if it's cheaper somewhere else to keep sales at said business that they are loyal to. If you're priced out of buying from SS, that's fine, most of us are, myself included. I currently only buy from them if there's an exclusive I want. Regarding sales tax, that's not their fault, it's a law in the US if I'm not mistaken. Pretty much everywhere charges sales tax now. Even eBay charges sales tax on a purchase if you're in America and buy something from China (at least they have for me). RE: 40 day wait time - I don't see what's wrong with them waiting to post your reward points honestly. You think you should get reward points even if you return the item for a full refund before the 40 day period? If that was the case, you could literally purchase all you want then return it all for a full refund just to rack up RPs. Makes no sense for them to allow that. It makes sense on their part that you only get Rewards Points after the return window closes for a purchase you actually made and didn't return.

Take a step back. Did you not see that I literally started off my first reply to you with "I think what Raven6009 means.." ?? Those first couple of words CLEARLY means the following weren?t my ideas. The latter half of my reply that starts with "Or, another idea could be:" was my idea, to which I didn't mention anything about being a "loyal customer" or "weeding out those who don't buy direct," but rather a way to maybe bring more business straight to SS by rewarding all customers in a potentially better manner than the way they are handling these codes currently.

So many in this thread get way too worked up over a few little free points here and there. I have no energy for that. I'm happy if I manage to snag the points and move on to the next one if I don't. I don't let this hobby cause me stress or lose any sleep over it. Its meant to be fun. These code complaints remind me of the folks on the TFW2005 boards who complain about paying only $6 for ems shipping from china when they think it should be free. If you don't have an extra $6 to spend on your stuff (especially during a pandemic when it pays to spend a little extra for overseas shipping), getting your toy is the least of your problems. Similarly, if $2 is that important to anyone that it makes or breaks a purchase, maybe there?s some bigger issues here.

Cool your jets :chillpill: :peace:

Yeah, I knew that you didn't originally suggest that, but I interpreted your willingness to expound upon Raven6009's idea as agreement/complicity. My bad.

Regarding customer loyalty, there's loyalty and then there's blind loyalty. In my mind loyalty is a two-way street. Sideshow could offer early pre-order discounts to loyal customers that have RSVP'd for a particular figure (IDK, maybe even give them a 24-48 hour exclusive pre-order window?), as well as institute quicker reward point application for regular customers with no history of returns. But alas they've done nothing of the sort. And I know their reward system is set up to prevent the fraud that you've described (& they've no doubt fallen victim to in the past), but their loyal customers don't attempt it and they've got the electronic history to determine that. So why not hand out the points a little earlier for them? Maybe tie it to the early pre-order window? IMO Sideshow has been relying on customer loyalty but has been doing very little to maintain/grow it. And judging by the responses here, this latest tweak to their on-line event giveaways isn't fostering customer loyalty one bit.

p.s. - Regarding the sales tax: As it's been explained to me, on-line shops are only required to charge state sales tax if they have sales transactions counts >100 in that particular state. Maybe SS is big enough that they do that much business in each state, but I'm guessing they just instituted it across the board regardless of the destination. I suppose it could be California mandating it as well.

With Queue-it, if you're already on the page when the time comes, it puts you into the queue and randomly assigns you a spot, so what they've been telling us to do for years, to be prepared by having the page open and being logged, that potentially puts someone at a disadvantage now.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

With Queue-it, if you're already on the page when the time comes, it puts you into the queue and randomly assigns you a spot, so what they've been telling us to do for years, to be prepared by having the page open and being logged, that potentially puts someone at a disadvantage now.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Aaaaaaah, well that really sucks!!!:gah:

Okay to clear up what I was saying because some people took it completely out of context...

What I was referring to was there are people who never spend a dime on Sideshow, and only place an order when they have enough reward points from code events to get a figure for free. Those people are the reason why Sideshow is now making it harder and harder for their real customers to get these reward codes. If you're stacking enough codes to accumulate enough points to receive a free item that's fine, providing you are a paying customer of Sideshow. But merely leeching off of them is taking away from their real customers.

Back