Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like this is how they get around the email and chat lists. Very disappointing.

With the price drop on the secondary market it?s almost never worth paying full retail plus super high shipping and sales tax.

Just wait and buy on eBay

SS confirmed in a support chat that this was them "testing out a new way to administer these rewards codes." Hopefully enough people complain or it went poorly enough for them that they won't do this during New York Comic Con or Spook or any other time in the future!

Looks like this is how they get around the email and chat lists. Very disappointing.

With the price drop on the secondary market it?s almost never worth paying full retail plus super high shipping and sales tax.

Just wait and buy on eBay

Yep, if this is going to be their approach going forward they'll probably lose quite a few customers. I'll probably just cash out my rewards on the next SS exclusive figure (probably the HT Spider-Man Classic Suit) and stick with other retailers from now on.

Added the code as soon as posted (was already logged in and on the codes page beforehand), immediately sent to queue, where I wilted until 6 minutes later the codes were all used.

I don't get the point of this. I mean, I do. It's to deal with heavy traffic on the site and prevent it from crashing. I've seen people complain about issues, but I just don't see what's wrong with the old way. Maybe I'm being myopic. For over two years, I've been putting codes directly into the box in the Rewards section on my account page, and I have never had a problem.

I just don't see what's wrong with the old way.

Apparently Sideshow has concluded that too many of us were getting the codes the old way, so they've devised a new system that they can advertise as "fun and competitive" and "less crash-prone" when it's really only here to limit the total reward dollars handed out to whatever their bean counters have deemed is a palatable amount.

Hopefully enough people complain or it went poorly enough for them that they won't do this during New York Comic Con or Spook or any other time in the future!

Well, I didn't complain, but I did call Sideshow and give them my view of the experience and the problems as I see it.

If they've created a cue to stop their site from crashing, then they need to devise an accurate time stamp so that people with slower internet speeds can get counted from the time they input the code, not the time it took to get to their server.

I'll have to post my cue at 12:31 that announced a 21 minute wait time. Where does that number even come from? How does the "cue" know that? Two minutes later it dropped to 6 minutes.

SS confirmed in a support chat that this was them "testing out a new way to administer these rewards codes." Hopefully enough people complain or it went poorly enough for them that they won't do this during New York Comic Con or Spook or any other time in the future!

I love free codes but i don't care enough about missing a few dollars to complain or anything. If i get one cool if not no big deal (to me anyway).

Here's what I got, see the 12:31 time stamp...

20201001_123149 cue one minute in.jpg

5 minutes later...

20201001_123611 five mins in cue.jpg

Not sure how a good portion of the 1,000 players got past me in line accept that its an internet speed issue. If there's no time stamp involved and its literally fastest speed wins, then I won't be winning any codes next week.

I waited in line like a good boy, but I'm thinking I should have jumped out and re-entered to see if I caught a momentary burst of speed to slip through. May try it next week.

Next week, hopefully they won't announce the exact time they are dropping the code so the line-up isn't so great.

Last edited:
From their Facebook post

Hey all! I know that was not great for people who didn't manage to be one of the first 1,000 to claim it. Remember though, during events we don't tell people in advance when we are going to drop a code so there will be way WAY less competition to be one of those first people in line. Not even CLOSE to how many people were there today to claim it.
If we use this system for an event, those who are actively participating in that event are the ones who are most likely to be first in line.
For example, if you're watching a livestream and we drop a code, you're far more likely to get the code as those who are not participating. It's a fair way to give an advantage to fans who are playing along.

Yes those who aren't "playing along" are those of us who have to work a full time job, or live in a completely different time zone!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

From their Facebook post

Hey all! I know that was not great for people who didn't manage to be one of the first 1,000 to claim it. Remember though, during events we don't tell people in advance when we are going to drop a code so there will be way WAY less competition to be one of those first people in line. Not even CLOSE to how many people were there today to claim it.
If we use this system for an event, those who are actively participating in that event are the ones who are most likely to be first in line.
For example, if you're watching a livestream and we drop a code, you're far more likely to get the code as those who are not participating. It's a fair way to give an advantage to fans who are playing along.

That's true... but I still don't trust that CUE SYSTEM. It doesn't seem like it works well and doesn't seem to address the time stamp issue at all.

We shall see soon enough.

If you arrive on a site before the queue starts, it randomly sorts you it's not in the order you arrived onto the site. It will be down to luck if you get low spot in the queue.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

From their Facebook post

I just saw this too...sounds like they're going to use that system during their lives for NYCon :slap

They just HAD to ruin a good thing they had going.

They can put it however they want but it's clearly just so that fewer people redeem codes, which means you need to spend slightly more on an item. They'll have "Code expires in 5 minutes" in their chat from their event streams but you'll get put into a 10 minute queue even though you click the link as soon as it's posted.

Back