Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This looks like a way to control how many people will be able to redeem the code. Consider the rewards program nerfed.

Ok, this new code system sucks. I've always defended sideshow when it came time to the reward system and codes but this is just too much. I rather they just give out less codes then this bs.

I know a lot of folks are pissed...but for someone who missed nearly every code the last go around, I'm pretty happy to have been able to get my $2. It's not much but that's $2 more I didn't have before :) If I would have missed it, it would've just been another "oh well" moment like before. No reason to get upset over losing out on less money than I make in 5 mins.

$2?

giphy.gif

Sideshow have a strange sense of humour.

They should be able to just put a hard limit on how many uses the code gets without needing to waste our time putting us in a queue.

Yeah, this seems like the beginning of the end, for sure! Though hopefully the queue system won't be so bad for a code that they don't announce a day early the exact time it will be released. Or maybe this was a stress test for their website and they knew the best way to get us to all go to their website at the same time was to offer us a RP code?

They'll probably set all codes to a limit and have this queue system set, which is completely random to which number you fall in line. Popcultcha do it every Con event for all the Funko Pop exclusives and everytime it is a drama.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I know a lot of folks are pissed...but for someone who missed nearly every code the last go around, I'm pretty happy to have been able to get my $2. It's not much but that's $2 more I didn't have before :) If I would have missed it, it would've just been another "oh well" moment like before. No reason to get upset over losing out on less money than I make in 5 mins.

I'm mad because I literally entered the code and redeemed it then it just redirected me to the queue instead of redeeming the code.

You must have tried after all 1000 claims were processed. I got in the queue with an estimated 5 minute wait, but they were gone (with a message to that effect appearing) before I got back into the site.

I got the code in in the first minute... and my cue said 21 minute wait initially. A friend got in after me, and got his code. So no order.

What does work: whoever has the faster internet speed wins. The guys with 5G now, they'll get the codes. The guys playing from their office with a T1, they'll get the codes. You guys at home with average speed... good luck.

Hope this isn't how it will be from now on. I was refreshing FB & Twitter constantly, entered the code the instant it landed, in queue for 5 mins and didn't get it. Literally no way I could have entered it any faster. Woke up at 5am for this and total waste of time.

Back