Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BBTS has been rolling out sales tax since last October
BBTS at least had the decency to let their customers know of the change.

Think how many orders SS could have gotten had they said "orders pre-Jan 3 are exempt?". I know I'd have at least put in 3 or 4. Now I'm eyeballing my final purchase with SS to burn my points on. I'll have to default to the $4 BBTS shipping to offset it. Not that I hadn't been leaning that way anyway. I also have never gotten a damaged item from them because they actually know how to box something.

BBTS at least had the decency to let their customers know of the change.

Think how many orders SS could have gotten had they said "orders pre-Jan 3 are exempt?". I know I'd have at least put in 3 or 4. Now I'm eyeballing my final purchase with SS to burn my points on. I'll have to default to the $4 BBTS shipping to offset it. Not that I hadn't been leaning that way anyway. I also have never gotten a damaged item from them because they actually know how to box something.

I agree with you and in the same boat with you, minus BBTS because they don't honor the $4 shipping to Hawaii. I'm now relying on ebay for deals , even tho they now charge taxes as well

I have already been buying less and less as HT has been slowly increasing the price on these so tax is not huge dealbreaker for me. I'll just buy less.

I agree with you and in the same boat with you, minus BBTS because they don't honor the $4 shipping to Hawaii. I'm now relying on ebay for deals , even tho they now charge taxes as well

But even without the $4 shipping, I imagine their rates are still more reasonable than SS. I think to ship UPS ground via BBTS it's about $12 for me, which is less than half than SS. Even with the non-contig shipping you're facing it's gotta be more reasonable.

I just checked Bucky's shipping - $28 to TEXAS. In a thin shipping sleeve. That is 110% price gouging to skim money out of shipping. What's worse is that I've literally had replacement boxes shipped to me in double boxes that are perfectly sized to put a full figure and outer sleeve in. They have that **** on hand!

But even without the $4 shipping, I imagine their rates are still more reasonable than SS. I think to ship UPS ground via BBTS it's about $12 for me, which is less than half than SS. Even with the non-contig shipping you're facing it's gotta be more reasonable.

I just checked Bucky's shipping - $28 to TEXAS. In a thin shipping sleeve. That is 110% price gouging to skim money out of shipping. What's worse is that I've literally had replacement boxes shipped to me in double boxes that are perfectly sized to put a full figure and outer sleeve in. They have that **** on hand!

SSC has usually been around $12 for shipping Hot Toys for me give or take. Hulkbuster was $22 and Sideshow has even shipped two figures together for $14. Shipping seems to vary from palce to place.

SSC has usually been around $12 for shipping Hot Toys for me give or take. Hulkbuster was $22 and Sideshow has even shipped two figures together for $14. Shipping seems to vary from palce to place.

Their shipping rates make no sense. I'm only an hour and a half away from their warehouse. Hot Toys were originally around $10 to ship to me. It slowly crept up to $12, then $17 and now $20 per figure. Why?!?!?!

Handling fee plus UPS cost increase.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I can understand the UPS cost increase...But a double increase in 3 yrs is a big jump. I'm guessing the handling fee was added somewhere along the line. But still, how does that explain a $12 shipping for Subzro, vs $20 for me, when I'm not that far away?

Yea I mean, I ship a lot on eBay and I've never had buyers pay over $20 to ship an item unless it's waaaay far north as in almost Canada since I'm in Texas and that's me shipping WITH insurance. So, it's really hard to understand what SS is thinking with how much they're charging.

$34 shipping for negative suit spidey w/ pack out to IL. Just got the Jean Grey PF for $34 shipped as well. It came with a $20 coupon on the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a box code also, but unfortunately they are pretty useless as they only work for in-stock items. No preorder items work. The good 'ol days are gone, even box codes have been ruined.

I got a box code also, but unfortunately they are pretty useless as they only work for in-stock items. No preorder items work. The good 'ol days are gone, even box codes have been ruined.

Hey Friend,
Any chance you can help a brother out with this in-stock code? :pray:
I'll be very grateful!

I think codes are now delivered to the account holder. Correct me if I'm wrong. So its already loaded into the account and cant be used by another account.

Back