Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got a $25.00 off code from Sideshow. The item I want to use it on costs $90.00. After tax and shipping all I would be saving is $5.00. Really Sideshow?

I heard that there is a new import tax. If we get hit with that too I may never buy from Sideshow again.

They are charging sales tax for out of state purchases now too. It sucks for everyone.

I don't think Sideshow understands the law. Practically all the states have the same provision in their law as the landmark South Dakota one, which makes smaller online sellers exempt from collecting sales tax if they have less than $100,000 in annual sales or fewer than 200 transactions in that state. While Sideshow does a lot of business, I'm not sure the do that much in every individual state. I'm sure that provision is what allows other sellers to NOT collect taxes on out-of-state sales. Sideshow will likely be losing a lot of sales as a result.

Man I really wish this sales tax stuff was made clear. I decided to hold off preordering the Rancor statue to save up all my points but turns out that was a big mistake on a $1300 item:mad:

Man I really wish this sales tax stuff was made clear. I decided to hold off preordering the Rancor statue to save up all my points but turns out that was a big mistake on a $1300 item:mad:
I think someone enauled sideshow and got them to explain the tax stuff. From what I understand, if the item was bought/preordered/payment plan before jan 3rd, there would be no tax applied. If I remember correctly, the user posted a screenshot of the email. I cant remember if it was on this thread or on one of the many others I sub to. Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I think someone enauled sideshow and got them to explain the tax stuff. From what I understand, if the item was bought/preordered/payment plan before jan 3rd, there would be no tax applied. If I remember correctly, the user posted a screenshot of the email. I cant remember if it was on this thread or on one of the many others I sub to. Hope this helps

Yep I understand the rules now, I just wish I understood them before the January 3rd cutoff.

Hi guys,
Does someone has a coupon for sideshow that he is not going to use?
I want to order the new IS Cap :pray:

Yeah, it sucks. You're next item is so pricey. This tax is gonna get ya. I wonder if BBTS and other places are adding the tax too. Maybe it's worth looking into

They all will eventually if your state requires it from SSC to BBTS to Amazon.

Yeah, it sucks. You're next item is so pricey. This tax is gonna get ya. I wonder if BBTS and other places are adding the tax too. Maybe it's worth looking into

BBTS has been rolling out sales tax since last October

Back