Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hate SS for anything else, but giving away free stuff shouldn't be one of them.

For example, i hate them for shipping in boxes i would get neg rep for on eBay - and then charging $20 to do so thus negating any code that may be on that beat up box. Meanwhile, BBTS doubles up and ships for $4. Also, i don't think i have ever gotten over them making you destroy your figure instead of trying to salvage at least some of it especially when a lot of the issues were very minor. Take that **** back and sell it at a discount ffs.

Yeah, odd they don't do a returned discount store on some of those. They could do an island of misfit toys kind of themed shop even, and make it kind of kitschy and fun.

Hate SS for anything else, but giving away free stuff shouldn't be one of them.

yea at the very core of everything, as far as sideshow giving away reward codes, no complaints, because if I was brand new to spook this year, it'd all be gravy (not to say it still isn't). Unfortunately there's too much "last year they gave out XX dollars", etc.

I think mostly every other complaint for how things have been handled, etc is valid though.

I too wish they would sell off some of their damaged items at a discount. I'm sure it has to do with whatever their insurance clause is, plus having to store all of the damaged items in the warehouse.

I think the big problem is that for people who have been collecting for awhile, and there's some that go to the beginning, is this was always Sideshow's big event.

It's clearly not anymore and it's disappointing, especially with no reveals, (and I'm not someone who gets pumped for them).

The dollar codes definitely stink but at the same time I've built up about $40 in free reward points so it's hard to really complain.

Yeah, odd they don't do a returned discount store on some of those. They could do an island of misfit toys kind of themed shop even, and make it kind of kitschy and fun.

Exactly that.

I still shiver at all the TF Batmen that were destroyed do to issues that applied to all of them. (dented abs, broken ankles etc)

I too wish they would sell off some of their damaged items at a discount. I'm sure it has to do with whatever their insurance clause is, plus having to store all of the damaged items in the warehouse.

I'd imagine with statues a lot of the damage was done due to their poor shipping practices which is obviously ironic. They could set up a competitor to Toy Anxiety with the returns. Just a small little side thing. It's better than wasting perfectly good parts.

That's a random time to release a code, especially since almost all of the Spook codes were given out at the top or bottom of the hour.

Did they say that in the FB or YT chat?

YT chat...right at the beginning. Susan also said she would have a big surprise at show's end.

Back